I am tired

M

maxgirth

Originally posted by Heffer
hmm personally i think all the "ahh ffs albion is useless" shit is just an excuse, and an excuse that i feels puts unwanted pressure on people that destroys fun in a old lacking of fun game as it stands!

Mr girth has some very truthfull comments as per usual hes a diamond bloke and knows what hes talking bout but a lot of players loose interest....leave or just tag along playing with less interest! so less raids or hunts etc...get made or planned!

Thx for the kind words bud, but i`m not the only one expressing worries about our realms lack of punch atm. :(

N

Nightchill

albs, albs, albs
this may seem obvious, and rehashed, but you're all albs too :) there isn't some sort of collective mind that isn't working; it's the individual minds within the realm that aren't available to put the work in.

T

Turamber

Originally posted by maxgirth
How relaxed were you after spending all those rp`s on lifter, and still not be able to carry a ram bud? :)

I was upset, very even. But twas my own fault for not doing proper research into it first. Looking back now I can see very clearly that it wasn't worth getting uptight about.

As for the state of Albion's RvR -- nothing changes, sometimes its good and sometimes its bad. But there are always people complaining and saying it should be better :)

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by Nightchill
it's the individual minds within the realm that aren't available to put the work in.

Tried it many times and was met with scepticism for 2 reasons, firstly because I wasn't in one of the main guilds and secondly because I was RR4 people didn't think I knew what I was doing. My results are proof that my tactics worked, none of my keep takes/retakes ever failed but I still had to put up with bullshit from people who thought they knew better. I am not alone in that, Albion has had some potentially excellent raid leaders but they all gave up because Albion has too many bigheaded bullshit merchants.

T

Tafaya Anathas

Originally posted by Turamber
This is a huge case of the 'grass is always greener' syndrome... ...that 50+ Mids don't always turn up within an hour.

Nope, it is the truth, not an "is always greener' syndrome". I would be the happiest alb if it was just a syndrome. And yep, that 50+ mids dont always turn up, but albs almost always ignorant until 3+ keep is taken or an RR is in progress. Some day befora Laird questioned why so much albs sitting at Gothwaite Harbor bindstone, instead of defendending the realm. After that I saw on /who lot of people from there in Odin's Gate and Emain. This tells everything. It sounds maybe harsh, but I wish we lost our relics, maybe that will freshen up albs.

M

minstrel_kyra

Thank you guys for your kind words, but I just wanna add a couple of things.

When we do work together, we are able to achieve wonderful things. Laird, Liste, and Vay are great leaders with great input and insight. Problem is, none were on last night (least I dont' think Liste was, didn't see him around). And while I might have a big mouth, people don't listen to me. Its just we have a hard time listening to anyone and giving them a chance.

I do agree that standing around for 20 minutes while trying to get people together is silly, but going as just 1 or 2 groups to a fully defended keep is too. Acting immediately as soon as the guards are hit are our only answer. When our realmates ask for help at their keep we need to drop what we are doing and go help.

As for taking keeps in Midgard, PL and AoD run weekly raids out there (PL had one yesterday, matter of fact), just mids weren't distracted as we hoped they would be.

We are a great realm when we are willing to work together...problem is I think we are all getting a little bored.

/me hugs everyone
I will enjoy my couple of weeks off, take care of yourselves. :) (and I will be back!)

N

Nightchill

Originally posted by old.cHodAX
Tried it many times and was met with scepticism for 2 reasons, firstly because I wasn't in one of the main guilds and secondly because I was RR4 people didn't think I knew what I was doing. My results are proof that my tactics worked, none of my keep takes/retakes ever failed but I still had to put up with bullshit from people who thought they knew better. I am not alone in that, Albion has had some potentially excellent raid leaders but they all gave up because Albion has too many bigheaded bullshit merchants.

Aye, I'd been on quite a few raids with you :) The only solution would be to keep at it. You had support from the people that knew you and, as more people went on raids, that support grew. If someone can put up with the abuse for a month or two then hopefully enough people will shout at the abuser for you ;)

D

Dimse

*slaps you guys with a soggy cookie* snap out of it !!WE RULE =D

Yes we stand around and ogle eachother when we should be doing things, and yes I would sometimes cheerfull strangle people. And yes for the love of GOD learn how to use a ram and what parts to buy and ALWAYS HAVE ONE IN YOUR VAULT. You DONT have a ram if you are missing pieces. YES buy ammo when you buy a trebuchet. In spite of all that with all the Obstacles WE STILL HAVE THE RELICS. They have tried to UBer Zerg, sneak zerg, jump zerg, cross realm zerg, but WE HELD IT!! Maybe we suck but we have the strength relics and the Middies/hibbies dont =D

I have been in Rvr most of the year I have played and WE have gotten ALOT better. Today guilds and alliances work together.

Ill be there next time with my guild and our trademark sea of rams, *gets out the music* Standing Shoulder to shoulder with my fellow alb, defending our beloved albio.....LOL ok sorry got carried away

To Kyra: *huggles* Have tons of fun and take care. Hope you rediscover the love for this game. but if not the greatest luck to you =D

Dimse Dut

Guildmaster of Uranicus Phalanx
Keeper of the Sacred Cookie Jar

L

liste

aww, have a good one Kyra, it'll do wonders im sure :)

And Albion isnt in such a bad codition as everyone makes it to be.
Albion has had some potentially excellent raid leaders but they all gave up because Albion has too many bigheaded bullshit merchants.

Chodax got it right. Excellent excellent leader material, in virtually all guilds i've encountered. It's a shame, really.

Usually, i do my part as i'm supposed to, and as i like to do. But when people dont listen, i might as well hit trolls with a wet sock. Nothing good comes from it. (And no, i wasnt present at this particular time Kyra, i'm officially on vacation this week :D ).

Last time i was leading a defence, i gave up after 2 hours of running into the brickwall that is the zerg-mind. Nothing got through, nothing got done, so i gave up and let someone else take wheel. Other days, its the other way around.

Sometimes, it just doesnt work :) <im sure they'll confirm in sunny Hib and snowy Mid>

So to Kyra, have fun with yer kids!

And to Albion, Dont lose faith, that'll get you nowhere. Take a step back, look at the situation, and contribute as you best can :)

O

old.Tyraette

<points at derric>

it was him! it was him!

I aer teh sn1tch!11

O

old.Tyraette

<runs to forest shaeffer>

<jumps a hunter, binds and gags him for business this time not pleasure :p>

<runs back>

'Use truesight you ickle kobbie bastard, or ill flame grill your gonads for the l33t kiddies at mcdonalds"

'There he is there he is!'

<points at derric>

A

Adelle

Oi oi, it's not Forest Shaeffer any more :p

And you have a nice break with the kids, Kyra, you've deserved it :)

I would add something useful and insightful about the state of realm RvR, but I just don't participate enough to have an opinion about it. There are those of us who just don't care enough about relics and keeps to rush to the frontier to retake a keep as soon as it falls...

A

Adelle

I won Forest Sauvage fair and square on the bazaar last friday! :twak:
So it's Forest Adelle now :clap:

O

old.Tyraette

bugger!

damn, I was hoping youd forgotten about that

I was drunk! And my buffbot's subscription had expi......SHIT!

erm

*quickcast ae amnesia*

muahaha

*resist*
*resist*
*resist*

goddamnit :(

M

minstrel_kyra

<slaps derric's hand>

Hey, those are MY cookies!! Dimse said I could have one!!!!

/mumbles damn cookie stealers and thread hijakers ;)

S

Shanaia

<looks sad>

I'm sorry I didn't get to know you better Kyra ..

Take your break .. enjoy real life .. then come back so I can bake you a pigeonpie!

And on the subject of Forest Shaeffer ... I have a forest too .. and I keep MY forest clear of shadowblades ... HA!

Ok ok .. there is the problem of the boogey infestation.. but I'm working on that!

S

Scunner

I dont think it as as bad as you all make out. Sure we (albion as a realm) arent great at responding to keeps being attacked and we have hada few bad defence weeks BUT we still have our relics.

Since i started this game albion has had good and bad patches just seems to be a trend, old timers will go new people will come in justa natural progression in the game.

Sure i think we could improve at defending and attacking but i wouldnt write off albion.

O

old.Bubble

Originally posted by minstrel_kyra
Thank you guys for your kind words, but I just wanna add a couple of things.

When we do work together, we are able to achieve wonderful things. Laird, Liste, and Vay are great leaders with great input and insight. Problem is, none were on last night (least I dont' think Liste was, didn't see him around). And while I might have a big mouth, people don't listen to me. Its just we have a hard time listening to anyone and giving them a chance.

I do agree that standing around for 20 minutes while trying to get people together is silly, but going as just 1 or 2 groups to a fully defended keep is too. Acting immediately as soon as the guards are hit are our only answer. When our realmates ask for help at their keep we need to drop what we are doing and go help.

As for taking keeps in Midgard, PL and AoD run weekly raids out there (PL had one yesterday, matter of fact), just mids weren't distracted as we hoped they would be.

We are a great realm when we are willing to work together...problem is I think we are all getting a little bored.

/me hugs everyone
I will enjoy my couple of weeks off, take care of yourselves. :) (and I will be back!)

/em watchs listepik climb up wall...
/em Hears a load Thud!
Listepik sends "Can you rez me mate"
You send "Nah i'm a sorc ask Cauton"
Listepik sends "hes too busy smiting gatekeeper :( )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom