I am not an alcoholic but...

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
...if the government are going to double the price of spirits supermarkets in the next 6 months as seems possible then I am going to start stockpiling Tamova vodka from Aldi! At £7 a bottle (700ml) for a very good tripled distilled vodka you can't lose, start stockpiling fast before that bastard Gordon Brown hammers all drinkers in an effort to control the binge drinking alcopop teenies!

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Surely just up the prices on shit like WKD/Bacardi Breezers etc. If they're silly enough to neck bottles of Bell's etc, natural selection should kick in, win/win.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Surely just up the prices on shit like WKD/Bacardi Breezers etc. If they're silly enough to neck bottles of Bell's etc, natural selection should kick in, win/win.

Yep it has pissed me right off, I only drink at weekends and rarely get hammered but I will be paying double for my drinks if those fuckwits in power push this through. :(

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
So, how long with vodka keep for if stored in a dark cool cupboard?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
In Finland(think scandinavia in general), we have Alko which controls pretty much all harder drinks.

No spirits etc in regular stores, so feel lucky that you even CAN buy them anywhere.

Though there's more Alko stores then there are supermarkets so :D

But don't worry, higher prices means less buying, means less taxes etc, means cheaper booze soon.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
What's the point in me going to uni if I can't afford to drink?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
What's the point in me going to uni if I can't afford to drink?

No point at all, infact whats the point of living if you can't enjoy lifes simple pleasures? :(

megadave

I am a FH squatter
If true then Le Shuttle will be making a fair bit more money i reckon.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Looks like im gonna be switching to the plastic 2l bottles of cider to push the blues away

kiliarien

Part of the furniture

I agree here - I still believe there is a culture whereby some shopkeepers will sell them the 'weaker' shite and not give them spirits anyway. Toughen the law on those willing to sell spirits to underage drinkers. Even if they do drink spirits, they'll end up on the floor face down in their own vomit rather than starting fights and being disorderly about the streets, seeing as the little shit-munchers can't handle their pop.

Also there's the risk that doubling tax will drive up home brewing of distilled spirits, which ofc being unregulated is afr more dangerous.

Just another labour stealth tax "Oh no, it's for the good of the people that we get shitloads more tax". As fucking if. If you're going to rob us just wear a twatty black and white outfit and carry a swag bag so we know where we stand.

And viva la alcohol!! :drink:

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Hmm, home made vodka, wonder how much it would cost to set up my own still.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Making your own alcohol is pretty cheap after you've got the equipment.

And in many countries it's perfectly legal and it saves a lot of money, so i can wholeheartedly support it. (if it's legal in your parts)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
If you don't count in your blown up house it's not that expensive ;)

True, probably better to buy a couple of cases of £7 vodka instead. Cheaper in the long run. :p

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Labour.

Government for *****

yes, you are a steaming pile of useless cuntery if you vote for the labour *****

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
not that i vote labour but its funneh i remember the same sentiments in 1997 for the tories ... hehe

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
not that i vote labour but its funneh i remember the same sentiments in 1997 for the tories ... hehe

Maybe it's time to organise everyone you know, and have them organise everyone they know, etc. etc. ad inf. and vote for one currently small opposition party, one a bit more left and social. (not too left and too social though, which imo ain't the top trumps either :))
Having a fresh wind blowing through politics can do a lot :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
didnt say we need to vote for one small party just that i remember the same thing .. just saying its all the same whoever you vote for no need to be a cock

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Hmm, home made vodka, wonder how much it would cost to set up my own still.
Its easier than you think, well dunno bout vodka, but rum, suger/water/yeast, a bucket with a lid, a piece of copper tubing and something to heat the "spritis" when the yeast is done.
And if you do it right youll get cleaner alcohol than the stuff you buy at the market.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's just Raven being an uneducated labour-bashing muppet again. Yawn.

Conservatives will use tax and fines to address alcohol-fuelled violence - thetorydiary

If you think you are 'safe' under the Tories or whatever - think again.

Now please Raven - can you say something else rather than 'I hate labour.' Yes...we know...again.

Bugz, sorry, I am educated to a higher standard than you I am afraid. big soz :(

I dislike Labour and I have the right to say so, sorry if that offends your child like view on politics, maybe when you actually live in the real world for a few years you can form an opinion, from all the...How do I lock my door??!?! Whats a cooker do?!!??! threads you don't seem to have any idea about how to function away from mummy and daddy. Nobody is saying we will be safer under the tories. Labour have pissed billions up the walls with no results and are now lying through the mess.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
So Raven, how does Bugz' mythical threads about working a cooker etc have any relevance to his knowledge of UK politics? Seems like you're just using the age thing as an easy way to disregard his points (albeit how thin his points were :p).

Jeros

Part of the furniture
All parties are the same and will drain us for what they can get.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
all politicians are *****, fuck the corporate world etc etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom