I am HAWKEYE!

leggy

Probably Scottish
Whipped said:
I have half the money saved up now. Need to finish one more job for a friend to get the other half. I suppose I should wait, but I'm so tempted to get one eye done and wear a monocole ;)

oh pls do. Then post pics. I need one to replace the nappy on head pic I have :) (or whatever that white thing was)

Athan

Resident Freddy
Whipped said:
I have half the money saved up now. Need to finish one more job for a friend to get the other half. I suppose I should wait, but I'm so tempted to get one eye done and wear a monocole ;)

Actually that's what a friend of mine did (the one eye at a time thing, not the monocle) :p. There's no reason not to get only one eye done at a time. At the time he had it done it might have been standard procedure in case of complications so you only end up with one buggered eye (was back in 1999 IIRC).

Btw, whoever was asking "isn't 20-20 the best it gets?". In short, no. 20-20 means you can see something at 20 feet properly as if it was at 20 feet. I might get the next bits the wrong way around, but you'll get the idea... 10-20 would mean you see things only at 10 feet like you should be able to do at 20, and 25-20 would mean you can see things as well at 25 feet as you should be able to at 20. So, yes, you CAN get better than 20-20 (but likely start being longsighted somewhat at extremes).

-Ath

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Whipped said:
Do NOT do that dude. You get better overall vision if the eyes heal at the same time as your optics have to compensate with an overall adjustment instead of a one sided adjustment, the latter is liable to leave one eye weaker than the other.

Afaik you need to be at least 21 for Lasik, have had a stable prescription for 3 years & not wear contacts for a reasonable period before the surgery & initial examinations.

Oh & the Starburst thing does happen, it's just more with people like myself with sharp night vision & who have a huge jump improvment (I went from -5's to 0's).

Whipped

Part of the furniture
leggy said:
oh pls do. Then post pics. I need one to replace the nappy on head pic I have :) (or whatever that white thing was)
It's actually my girlfriend's bra. Although I shall take great pleasure in passing on the nappy reference ;)
Do NOT do that dude. You get better overall vision if the eyes heal at the same time as your optics have to compensate with an overall adjustment instead of a one sided adjustment, the latter is liable to leave one eye weaker than the other.
Cheers, think I may hang on, despite my Patrick Moore aspirations :D

Athan

Resident Freddy

Chilly

Balls of steel
Whipped said:
Class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom