Huzzah! \o/

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
I grew up with flight sims. My dad was a complete armchair pilot and saw MSFS it its first incarnation. I remember there was a bit in it where you could fly a sopwith camel around and shoot down bad guys. This was fun for me. What wasnt fun was watching him take off in A320 Airbus (the first one) fly for 5 hrs over landscape (which was admittedly amazing for its day) and then land.

I guess im still like that but i have to say IL2 Sturmovik : Forgotten Battles and the first one are absolutely brilliant. I cant fly for toffee but nothing pleases me more than ramping up the difficulty level to max and just trying to take off. The guns are only useful after that and if i do even manage to get into the sky i usually get belted out the sky/stall/stall/stall. Ive had IL2 for a year now, only managed the very first mission once (i crashed on landing but survived). You bastards are making me reinstall it now :(

Piccy...

P47.JPG

weevil

Fledgling Freddie
why the old timey lines on the picture why why why? :)

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Tis only the intro movie. I guess i want people playing this rather than MSFS so i can maybe one day shoot one of you fokkers down. Ill get another colour piccy just for you weevil tho :)

BF109.JPG

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
WOW! What is the /me like the look of that :D

its ok I have read it full now :)

Its OK I have read it fully now :twak:

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Darthshearer said:
WOW! What is the /me like the look of that :D

its ok I have read it full now :)

Its OK I have read it fully now :twak:

You should see it moving :)

boom.JPG

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
I wish I could :(

I played Chuck Yeager Flight Sim some year ago, I like it with thw WW2 planes they are cool :)

MikeyBear

Loyal Freddie
Tried Il2 aaaages ago but tbh I'm shite with realistic ww2 / ww1 combat sims, I stall out in combat or just get plain hosed.

I'd play a one with a more simplified flying model tho, I sub'd to http://fighterace.jaleco.com/ for a while but that was mainly to fly the big bombers and drop HUGE bombs on things, most amusing :)

Do like me modern combat sims but again prefer a simplified flight model / avionics setup just for the pure fun of it. I still play a lot of F22: Total Air War as well as a bit of Comanche 4 (helicopter).

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Il2 is indeed rock hard but i think thats the fun of it. Dont like modern dogfighting as its really just a case of fire and forget. When you are trying to shoot things down when you cant even fly yourself properly is hilarious and sometimes (rarely) you can just revel in the inordinate amount of skill (luck) when things do go to plan.

Mikeybear, try learning to fly in the hurricane first (very forgiving plane if slow) and try and buzz some bomberplanes. been doing that the last 2 days and im slowly getting it.

Hell i even managed to land a P51 -landing gear because i forgot that diving and dropping gears has the tendency to rip the wheels off. Go on, go back to it and see what you think.

I realise this post is in the wrong place (accident) but civil aviation does nothing for me whatsoever.

The sequel must have at least 200 planes ranging from bombers, scouts, jetengined and plainly just bizarre planes. I think its the B2 (russian) that just looks like a ship with wings, has no canopies and 6 gun mounts, travels 125 kmh tops, and yes dropping bombs on stuff is top fun.

weevil

Fledgling Freddie
if u want easy dogfighting just buy that space flight game forgotten what its called now where u control the movement of ur plane by the mouse, it was a class game, one of the few games i played till the (albeit abrupt) end - i think it was called renegade or another word along those lines

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
weevil said:
if u want easy dogfighting just buy that space flight game forgotten what its called now where u control the movement of ur plane by the mouse, it was a class game, one of the few games i played till the (albeit abrupt) end - i think it was called renegade or another word along those lines

Freelancer?

asarithia

Fledgling Freddie
Doomy said:
I remember there was a bit in it where you could fly a sopwith camel around and shoot down bad guys.
PLEASE tell me this was FS4! Then I can brag and say I was with them when it all started aswell! :D

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
asarithia said:
PLEASE tell me this was FS4! Then I can brag and say I was with them when it all started aswell! :D

U whaa?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom