Hunters,rangers And Scouts Answer This

O

old.mattshanes

Well a player has shot through my pbt twice now on different occasions not missing once at all and doing 800 damage which i have never been hit for at lv50 and i find kind of weird.I want to know if you archer classes are enable to hit first shot through someones pbt and do this?

OTHERWISE ITS A LOAD OF SHIT:rolleyes:

O

old.Jadow

hmm let's see... 6 second pbt... 2 seconds draw time.. theurg standing still = crit... Frankly i'm surprised it took them two shots.

R

revminster

I have hit lvl50 casters for 1011 damage. But I always thought their bt was down!? I think there might be a small chance of penetrating bt though. Too bad it doesnt happen more often. ;)

S

Spamb0t

u can penetrate BT with a bunch of luck (or bad luck if ur the caster :eek:) ... but it doesnt happen often (if both r about same lvl)

O

old.mattshanes

If thats the case i don't think i am going to bother with rvr anymore with matt.

S

Svartur

As far as I know you cant penetrate the initial pbt with arrows.

However it might have been someone using dual critshots. I do that a lot depending on the situation.

First critshot almost always fails as usual. Then you directly load another and with 6 sec pbt the 2nd critshot will hit if the caster dont react.

Maybe you didnt notive your pbt dissappear or you where critshoted by 2 different archers at the same time.

Thats my guess anyway.

O

old.mattshanes

I definetly didn't have 2 archers shooting at me,also it happened to the theurg next to me he died one hit and straight through his pbt oh well i just hope they sort these RAs out too.

T

Tesla Monkor

There is a tiny chance that a L50 archer penetrates a L50 caster's (P)BT. The chance is so remote that you might as well discard it.

According to Mythic, the larger the difference in levels (In favor of the archer) between caster and archer, the larger the chance that the BT is pierced. Personally I've never noticed me piercing a BT, and as an archer you should not expect to. :)

O

old.mattshanes

Discard when it has happened often bah oh well.

T

Turamber

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
If thats the case i don't think i am going to bother with rvr anymore with matt.

All casters should have a shield tank using guard standing near them at all times ... with the possible (and rare) exception of us charging the enemy.

And no, this has nothing to do with earning lots of realm points while standing at a safe distance from the enemy.... :)

Seriously though, even with my low dexterity I block virtually all arrows that come my way and the way of my caster buddy. It's not a huge amount of fun for the tank guard, but if it keeps a caster alive on the battlefield that has to be good.

O

old.Uku

Matt. I have heard:

Casters kill tanks.
Archers kill casters
Assissians kill archers
bad luck kills assassians, when they kill all other classes :p

(Ministrels just run free and die only if they really boored with running and decide to engange) <- joke part. All before that is actually true.

So u are the caster and did die on archer right?

Kratt
Uku

PS. and yesturday there was a case - 2 achers defending + Viking Archers help sometimes too :))
I honestly try'd to shoot tanks too, but empting your endurance and arrows, standing plain on wall for LONG time is not really an option. THEY DONT DIE! only gain from there, that ppl feel better after that, ie laugh theyr a... off at u :)). So who do i need to shoot (kill) then? Pets, that biting NPC a...?

PPS. i never penetrated BT with arrow. NEVER. and im at Elding Vakten rank atm, so not THAT noob any more.

(edited: added PPS)

O

old.Uku

Jadow. No archer has 2s drawtime on whatever bow in this game on standard shoot. Not even close!. Critical takes longer.
(that 2s usualy means 2.8-2.99)

Dunno about assassinas tho :) but they dont hit lvl50 caster for 800 dmg with that one :). i hope.

On the other hand casters claim to have cast times less than 2 sec (in Barrysworld forum) i really hope thats not true and i really hope thats with quickcast, if its true.

Kratt
Uku

O

old.Noita

I have castable self blade turn and yes I have been killed by archers on several occasions with it up...

That little message "Revminster (to name one of many) shoots you with his bow, the blow has penetrated the magic barrier you have been hit for 90,000,000,000,000 damage" is something you just have to live with Im afraid :(

Boerxx (sp?) has done it to me once or twice as well as has Lessa so I dont think its a Realm thing either.

O

old.mattshanes

I can't beleive how often this player has done it though maybe he uses a sniper rifle:p , oh and no its casters are killed by assasins and archers!

E

erl

Last thing I read the chance to penetrate BT was <archers level>*2-<casters level>*2
but since you're 50 this doesn't seem to make sense. I know higher level players/mobs have a quite big chance to penetrate, I hardly ever penetrate bt on lvl 50s though.

O

old.Uku

Noita. Revminister and others mentioned are lvl50 for long time. Ppl here say'd that penetrating has to do something with attackers level compared to your level too.

and now. grats on 50. :)

The blow penetrated... blaah is not visible for archer. ie archer sees only message: 'u miss' or 'hit'.
This NEVER from me before was meant about lvl50 opponents, as 1-s arrow i always miss or someone/something (NPC?) helped me with BT.

Yesturday i shoot blue alb caster. 1 shoot and since he had gray friend - i guess he was low blue too, ie. about 41,42. I'm farly sure he had BT, since i was following them for some time, without them engange anything. so level counts i guess.

Matt. yes. thats what the message say's - assassians kill all classes. ie including casters.

Assassians:
And - no, to assassian to kill 'harder' class is not like that - u run to him and hit till oponent is dead. Its not that easy, requires time and effort and... skill :)?, but the point is: its doable.

G

GReaper

Because you failed to react to a hunter/ranger properly? If I notice "the blow was absorbed by a magical barrier" blah blah blah, its time to act quickly, you've got about 3 seconds to do something.

Run away: Very simple solution. Just check the direction from which the arrow came from and go the opposite way. Chances are the archer is at a fairly long range to ensure you can't attack, so moving just a little bit further will mean you're safe.

Quickcast spell: If you know the archer is close, just /face and quickcast a DD, or if he's a little bit further cast an ice pet. You can quickcast, he can't quickfire.

Even if they penetrated the bladeturn with their initial shot, both of these tactics are still valid, archers are highly unlikely to kill you in one shot. As an avalonian caster I've got 998 hitpoints on Duane, those +con/HP items are valuable.

I think you'll find that archers are finding it increasingly awkward with each patch to kill casters, something they once found quite easy.

O

old.willowywicca

Originally posted by -GReaper-

Even if they penetrated the bladeturn with their initial shot, both of these tactics are still valid, archers are highly unlikely to kill you in one shot. As an avalonian caster I've got 998 hitpoints on Duane, those +con/HP items are valuable.

As matt posted somewhere else, he has something like 800 hits only unbuffed. and so his first post of being crit shotted for over 800 means he was one shot killed with his bt up.. hence why he's so annoyed

O

old.mattshanes

I never hardly run,besides even if he had hit me when i have the hp you got i still wouldnt run fast as my hp will be low.I still can't work out why people say archers are becoming gimped.

O

old.Uku

So 1 guy claims, that he was killed by class, that supposed to kill he's class, and since he was killed, there is nothing wrong with archers who, claim that its difficult to play archer. Hmm, so lets listen to the crowd, as we still got plenty casters in game and not many archers and make most ppl happy! NERF ARCHERS!

Matt. Now that this has become a subject, can we have like 1 week testing time, since u are lvl50 caster and every time, your BT is penetrated with arrow, u make screensoot, with message visible there. After 1 week we count screenies and pass them to support, if there are like LOADS of them?

Or the thread was just about to 'talk'?

Kratt

O

old.mattshanes

No you don't understand i was basically asking a question which people have answered because it was something i wasnt sure of and as for archers they are great i didnt say nerf them i am fed up of people saying they becoming gimps when they arent at all after all i have a scout.

Even though hes lv21 in bg he takes on anything and does well,archers dont have to just kill casters trhey can shoot fighter classes and win too.

O

old.willowywicca

I never hardly run,besides even if he had hit me when i have the hp you got i still wouldnt run fast as my hp will be low.I still can't work out why people say archers are becoming gimped.

Think it's just that they've become *relatively* gimped, compared to the uber-ness they once enjoyed. And played right, any class can perform well

R

Roo Stercogburn

A trick I often do when grouped with pbt guys is to do my own self blade turn anyway. I've noticed that it gets wiped first and I've still got the pbt on me ready for the next shot.

Not completely sure it works, but I've noticed I survive more.

Don't know if I should really be sharing that with an Alb though ;)

D

DocWolfe

matt at lvl 21 you dont get sychronised 6 second pbt, like you do in emain.

O

old.mattshanes

Sigh nevermind(smashes head through wall:p )

A

agraucred

matt, i think all the talk about archers being gimped is PvE, everyone who has played an archer class knows that they are not gimped in PvP (although that nearsight can be a nastey spell). but the fact that they stuggle to solo blues (which my wiz and paladin can do with no downtime) and that grouping is close to impossible due to there bad melee skills is a very valid reason for someone to be abit annoyed (rangers and hunters might be different, only played a ranger to about 10-15 in open beta and a hunter to 10).

as for not wanting to RvR anymore with Matt, well i think its a pretty lame reason since your said yourself in your origional post that it has happened <drum role> twice. thats not very often, compare that to the ammount of times your BT has blocked a blow, im guessing the ratio is in favour of it blocking.

O

old.willowywicca

there, there, matt

/pats mattshanes on the back consolingly

I understand you, and that's all that matters ;)

Mal

O

old.mattshanes

It was twice from one player but often in general but anyway nevermind i don't really care now.

A

agraucred

so are you saying that the ratio is in favour of an attack piercing your BT?

O

old.mattshanes

It doesn't matter anymore don't worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom