Hunter Questions...

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Is Spear based purely on Str like Pole, or is it a combination of stats?

Does any race particularly lend itself better to Spear?

What would be the better weapon choice in terms of styles between Sword and Spear?

Does the Mid BoS summon both 2H Energy Sword and Spear? Has anyone tried this in practise and how effective was it? I think Denarius may have used Energy Spear at one time?

TIA.

Sigwyen

Fledgling Freddie
spear is str and dex based so if u have high dex u better go spear if low go sword :)

Aye BoS summons it all ..

aika

Can't get enough of FH
Spear is str/dex
Kobbie is best if you go spear hybrid.
However if you wanna go melee spec Norseman sword is the best choice.
Spear has better styles, but you will get less WS than if you specced sword with a norse hunter.
And yeah BoS summons both :)

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
Spear is str/dex
Kobbie is best if you go spear hybrid.
However if you wanna go melee spec Norseman sword is the best choice.
Spear has better styles, but you will get less WS than if you specced sword with a norse hunter.
And yeah BoS summons both :)

Not sure about the WS part, i think spear get a bonus for WS since it depends on 2 stats. But again it's an idea i have and i'm not 100% sure about it.

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
since looks > stats (ALWAYS) sword is the obvious choise.

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Go Norse with Sword... and rip em apart (dont forget... bow is decent...keep it at a decent level).

preacherboy

Fledgling Freddie
Is Spear based purely on Str like Pole, or is it a combination of stats?

Does any race particularly lend itself better to Spear?

What would be the better weapon choice in terms of styles between Sword and Spear?

Does the Mid BoS summon both 2H Energy Sword and Spear? Has anyone tried this in practise and how effective was it? I think Denarius may have used Energy Spear at one time?

TIA.
If norse go sword if kobby go bow... spear sucks imo;)if planning on duo sprear is ok , but if want I win... sword with haste rocks ra aug str, mop, ip, purge 1 50 sword

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
If norse go sword if kobby go bow... spear sucks imo;)if planning on duo sprear is ok , but if want I win... sword with haste rocks ra aug str, mop, ip, purge 1 50 sword

What Sword? Champ or LGW/BoS?

Still go 41 BC for pet?

12 Bow only?

Starting stats for Norse - 15 Str, 10 Con or 10 Str/Con/Qui?

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Just had a play with the character planner and it seems the following spec is viable:

50 Sword
41 BC (second last pet & last pet buff)
35 Stealth (for RR5)
23 Archery (spare points and 12 levels auto-trained)

Looks good - as RR ascends past RR5, spare points from Stealth into Bow for better ranged damage.

Sigwyen

Fledgling Freddie
since looks > stats (ALWAYS) sword is the obvious choise.

looks is everything .. why my hunter is a gimped frusty with spear :) .. only a frusty can be a true hunter .. rest is imposters.

Sigwyen

Fledgling Freddie
I only use 32 i pet .. personally i tried the 41ish spec and didn't find it to be worth the points.

Chance

Loyal Freddie
50 sword 45ish bow (bow dmg caps at 381 dex + 41 bow i think i heard) rest stealth (about 35) that pet is just a poxy shit thing that do 100 - 120 dmg / swing but with bow and high mos u'll be able 2 land crit shot + 2 point blank shots on enemy most of the time b4 they reach u and thats about 700 - 1k dmg

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
looks is everything .. why my hunter is a gimped frusty with spear :) .. only a frusty can be a true hunter .. rest is imposters.

sorry my dear dane, but the real hunters are limited to valkyns and dwarves.

preacherboy

Fledgling Freddie
50 sword 45ish bow (bow dmg caps at 381 dex + 41 bow i think i heard) rest stealth (about 35) that pet is just a poxy shit thing that do 100 - 120 dmg / swing but with bow and high mos u'll be able 2 land crit shot + 2 point blank shots on enemy most of the time b4 they reach u and thats about 700 - 1k dmg
So true then you got ip purge celerity, then you hit em with ya sword nn, End of, only prob is with this spec they all hide from ya:(

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
So true then you got ip purge celerity, then you hit em with ya sword nn, End of, only prob is with this spec they all hide from ya:(

There should be plenty of people to kill on US servers where I'll try this spec out ;)

I would roll on Mid Excal, but given the way the population is, there's no point :(

Sigwyen

Fledgling Freddie
sorry my dear dane, but the real hunters are limited to valkyns and dwarves.

The swedes got such an wierd taste :) .. a dorf hunter ... so hard to try to stealth and be quiet in a full iron body suit :)

Digi

Fledgling Freddie
Just had a play with the character planner and it seems the following spec is viable:

50 Sword
41 BC (second last pet & last pet buff)
35 Stealth (for RR5)
23 Archery (spare points and 12 levels auto-trained)

Looks good - as RR ascends past RR5, spare points from Stealth into Bow for better ranged damage.

If nobody said all rdy hunter dont auto train in any skill.

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
If nobody said all rdy hunter dont auto train in any skill.

Well that sucks then - according to the Character Planner application I have they get 12 free levels of Archery, as do Rangers and Scouts.

That really sucks - you're right of course, I've tried on a new Hunter I rolled on Kay, no free Archery :(

Why the hell is that? Arrrgh! :twak:

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
The swedes got such an wierd taste :) .. a dorf hunter ... so hard to try to stealth and be quiet in a full iron body suit :)

small equals stealthy! and kobbies are just gay (kobbie hunters that is)

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
They autotrain bow

I thought there was no such thing as auto-train any more? My Lvl 6 Hunter is specced 6 Archery but it's used all his points almost - what happened to the free points? Do I have to auto-train normally or how do I get the points for Archery?

Gustav

One of Freddy's beloved
You automatically get level 12 free in bow at level 50.

Spear best for kobbie hunter and 50 spear 41 beast rest composite 50 stealth and then rest bow is a good temp if u want to melee.

Sword is fun but very much FotM when used with celerity charges. Its purely for the purists imo.

Tsalin

Fledgling Freddie
I prefer sword for the evade stun chain,stun>run through>2 x point blank while there stunned works a treat tbh!

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
mos5, backstyle spear+followup most of the enemys stealthers will be on 50% after that :)

Sigwyen

Fledgling Freddie
mos5, backstyle spear+followup most of the enemys stealthers will be on 50% after that :)

Yes only problem is damn MOS5 :) .... still only got mos3 .. so the opportunity to land the back styles doesnt happen to often :)

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH

Great in paper... but after personal xp ... both mine and molested's ... the freaking backstyle misses ALOT , to the point that its unreliable and not worth to spec spear thinking that this stun is the ONLY thing u get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom