Humans 'evolving to have children later'

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Isn't that a bad thing? Y'know the whole overcrowding, lack of food supplies...etc..

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Isn't that a bad thing? Y'know the whole overcrowding, lack of food supplies...etc..

that only exists because people who would die "naturally" are not :p, people are living longer is the unbalancing factor imo

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
I think if people didnt have children the race would obviously die out quicker in terms of numbers, but also diminish slower as people will be less stressed due to not having children? Hopefully.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Kinda of creepy when u think that the massive deaths in africa from hunger, thirst, wars, SIDA or other diseases; or the natural disasters in Asia/SouthAmerica, contribute to keep the fragile balance of world population.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
The basic conception is that Africa is full of hundreds of millions of people all who die very quickly.

Not the case.

I've just finished my AS unit on Population and I must say - the situation is a lot more complex than first springs to mind.

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
The problem is, that in many areas of the world. Survival of the fittest is being eliminated. We are keeping people, who in nature should either step up or die, alive. All the while poluting the genepool with weak genes. *Points at the movie, Idiocracy.*

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
The basic conception is that Africa is full of hundreds of millions of people all who die very quickly.

Not the case.

I've just finished my AS unit on Population and I must say - the situation is a lot more complex than first springs to mind.

I've read somewhere that theres a theory, which I do not necesarily agree with, about deadly cycles in Earth to keep the population balance, in the form of natural disasters, pandemies, wars, etc... <- points at Southeast Asia 2004 Tidal Wave, El Niño cyclic hurricanes, 2005 quake in Pakistan, etc...

Chronictank

FH is my second home
The problem is, that in many areas of the world. Survival of the fittest is being eliminated. We are keeping people, who in nature should either step up or die, alive. All the while poluting the genepool with weak genes. *Points at the movie, Idiocracy.*

qft

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
I've read somewhere that theres a theory, which I do not necesarily agree with, about deadly cycles in Earth to keep the population balance, in the form of natural disasters, pandemies, wars, etc... <- points at Southeast Asia 2004 Tidal Wave, El Niño cyclic hurricanes, 2005 quake in Pakistan, etc...

There's a theory that the earth will naturally curb the population, when it reaches a certain point. When the population reaches the carrying capacity of the planet (or the country), famine and so on sit in, which sets off a misery gap, in which war, disease and violence work as preventatives for a high population. Malthus Theory btw.

I've never heard of the deadly cycle theory though. Surely that would suggest that the earth is aware of our actions and is almost a living force?

Chronictank

FH is my second home
There's a theory that the earth will naturally curb the population, when it reaches a certain point. When the population reaches the carrying capacity of the planet (or the country), famine and so on sit in, which sets off a misery gap, in which war, disease and violence work as preventatives for a high population. Malthus Theory btw.

I've never heard of the deadly cycle theory though. Surely that would suggest that the earth is aware of our actions and is almost a living force?

Its a theory of the dynamics of a population rather than the earth itself (regarding yours not the deadly cycle), essentially
too many people = not enough space and/or resources = war, famine etc etc in a power struggle to survive
It was probably simplified and explained to you as the bunny example on a pc where you add or take away food/land/predators to see what happens

Which is essentially true to an extent, however the countries in this problem are getting hand outs from other nations so are now in a new dynamic of almost being 100% reliant on hand outs

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture

Could be, talk about FinalFantasy VII :p

Dunno, some ppl believes in omnipothent gods, isnt that out of the frame to believe in a planet force of nature (again, dont take my words as my beliefs :) )

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Its a theory of the dynamics of a population rather than the earth itself (regarding yours not the deadly cycle), essentially
too many people = not enough space and/or resources = war, famine etc etc in a power struggle to survive
It was probably simplified and explained to you as the bunny example on a pc where you add or take away food/land/predators to see what happens

Which is essentially true to an extent, however the countries in this problem are getting hand outs from other nations so are now in a new dynamic of almost being 100% reliant on hand outs

They are so fucked when we stop the handouts. :d

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom