Staff member
FH Subscriber
FYI, fixed.

Ta.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Yuck

Can't email you, pm you etc. so here:

Are you using the standard PDA mount with Tomtom, or have you got another one? New car, nowhere to mount the satnav...

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Ta deebs. :)

LOL Tom, I use a brodit mount, the pda slots in and is more secure. Also has the sync plug built in so dropping the pda in the mount attaches it to power and GPS.

Mount example

This is attached to my centre console with a proclip, so no drilling. The whole lot is hardwired to the ignition, all wires a buried, very neat even if I say so myself. Give me a shout in the PDA forum if you need anymore help :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Excellent. So, I can order the Brodit Audi TT mount, for my 3630 with CF adaptor and battery sleeve, and it will just pop straight in? No big gay lead dangling down from the bottom any more?

Cool!

Where does the GPS mouse plug go?

/edit: Ahh I see, you plug your cable into the bottom of the clip, and the ipaq just sits on a plug thats moulded onto the clip?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Bollocks. Can't see an option for the 3630. Damn you progress!

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Tom said:
Ahh I see, you plug your cable into the bottom of the clip, and the ipaq just sits on a plug thats moulded onto the clip?

Aye.

Much neater.
Any 36xx bracket should work.

Otherwise Ebay your current pda, buy a new(er) one off Ebay, sorted :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I was thinking about buying some perspex like that sample mount in pocketgps shows, and making my own. Either that, or find a friend who can use one of those fancy machines to make me a nice piece of aluminium that will look spiffy in my TT.

My TT. Ahhh does that sound good.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Why not use this opportunity to can the old iPaq and get a new svelte one from the 19xx/20xx/21xx series?

Xav

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Xavier said:
Why not use this opportunity to can the old iPaq and get a new svelte one from the 19xx/20xx/21xx series?

Xav

You think he has any money left after the TT and the insurance he is paying on it?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Xavier said:

Xav

Well I had thought of that, but like Ch3tan says, I'm spending enough money as it is. I may do it once I find out what my tax bill for the last year will be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom