HTC TP2 bluetooth send woes

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Folks, recently I tried to directly send a picture from my HTC TP2 to a listening BT device, but failed to find the option in my phone.

Turning on BT I could see the other device, but had no option to send data to it.
Browsing to a picture, there was no option to use BT to send the picture somewhere.

the HTC bt usually seems to work pretty well, so I was a bit peeved that I couldn't manage it. what am I doing wrong? I know I had the option in my old Nokia and used it quite a bit :(

soze

I am a FH squatter
On my Diamond 2 if i go to the Pictures and Video Screen then hold the stylus down on a thumbnail pic i get an option to Beam the picture which lets me bluetooth it to another phone.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It's probably a shoddy BT api. On the hero the bluetooth is more limited than on the iphone. It's a shame, because HTC do everything else so well.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
On my Diamond 2 if i go to the Pictures and Video Screen then hold the stylus down on a thumbnail pic i get an option to Beam the picture which lets me bluetooth it to another phone.

ha, it doesn't let me do it there, however if I browse to the pic in explorer, and then hold down for a second or two the option pops up.

so, resumé: it's not possible to do it from the actual picture&video application, but you can do it by directly browsing to the pic. also, it doesn't show in properties, just in the menu that opens when you hold down on the pic in explorer.

yay!

soze

I am a FH squatter
Sounds like a Windows is letting you do it but not the Touch Flow UI there will prolly be a mod or reg key you can change to allow it.

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
android 2 lets you use OPP etc so that should fix everything, thats if your phone will accept android 2

they are working on android 2 for the Hero atm, also free turn by turn navigation....

:england:

Chilly

Balls of steel
all android devices can do it, but theres not always an app straight out of the box. you may have to get one from the store.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
all android devices can do it, but theres not always an app straight out of the box. you may have to get one from the store.

and a good one for the hero is?

I also want to be able to blue tooth contacts.

Chilly

Balls of steel
I thought the hero was pretty much the same as the magic with a few touches here and there?

Unlucky tho :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom