HP sauce less salt

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Food standards agency have enforced salt reduction in HP sauce and the world goes mad.
Might be a publicity stunt, but the ruling is legit, this is much more serious than it seems, using utterly unproven junkscience to dictate public health is very dangerous indeed, maybe not in this case, but who knows what other steaming bollocks some pressure group comes up with in the future.

HP Sauce recipe secretly changed after 116 years - Telegraph

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
As someone who doesn't add extra salt to anything except chips, this slightly annoys me.

However this is not unproven junkscience, so your OP is over-reacting.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I think its a pretty good move.. same at Chet here, I don't really add salt to anything, and who knows, maybe there was stupid amounts of salt in the recipe - I never heard of salt problems before where people OD on it - until I realised a friend carried salt everywhere she went, and put salt on everything she ate, was insane.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Fucking laaaaaav hp more than any other sauce ever invented. I was verging on tears of happiness when i walked into a netto in copenhagen and they had a few bottles after a couple of days of fruitless searching. I'm sure it'll taste more or less the same. Just add a bit of salt if it doesn't.

gohan

FH is my second home
it has 2.1 g per 100g and now has 1.3g

who gives a shit, also now has more calories and carbs as a result of recipe change, so people will jut get fat instead

winners

Job

No they've messed with the other ingredients to try and make up for it, probably get used to it, but if it's anything like low salt beans, it'll taste like shit.

Sorry, you're right , it isn't junkscience, the science is very good, it just didn't come to the conclusion that eating a lot of salt was bad for you in any way.
This conclusion was drawn by the strange cloud of activists, who care not of the facts.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Speaking of salt, my mate asked me if I knew any jokes about Sodium.

I said "Na".

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Speaking of salt, my mate asked me if I knew any jokes about Sodium.

I said "Na".

worf-facepalm.jpg

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
never mind. whatever you reply, YOU'RE WRONG :eek:

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
I was feeling very sorry for the HP users out there, until the article included Marco Pierre White, who's a proper cnut. Now I feel less sorry for them.

"The best thing to happen to cooking since me" as a quote. Twat.

I noted the calorie & carb increase too. Such BS. Totally agree with you Job.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
ill be quite upset if it doesnt taste the same i love my brown sauce how dare the fuckers mess with that

also there is doubt that excessive salt is as bad as first believed (obviously if your pouring pots of salt down your gob thats a problem)

whats next cut down on the chocolate in chocolate! fucking do gooders let me eat junk!

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I chuckled at this bit,

"But as a result of the decrease in salt in the old sauce, the new line has more calories and carbohydrates."

So... not any healthier, just juggling what will kill you first :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I tend to make my own sauce(har har) if i do, so not really familiar with HP in any recollective manner.

Can say this though; kill all ecohippies and health nuts before they kill us all :eek:

Tilda

Job, Salt raises your blood pressure which leads to shitloads of long term problems.

Job

Job, Salt raises your blood pressure which leads to shitloads of long term problems.

It doesn't, not a single salt trial concluded that, in fact two of them gave a reduction in blood pressure, they use salt to decrease blood pressure in hospital for certain patients.
The theoretical reduction for a whole population is unmeasurable and is based on meta statistics.
Someone just doesn't like the amount we eat and has cooked the books to reach a conclusion, maybe constantly triggering the body's salt equalizing process will have some effect, but it certainly ain't blood pressure.
Sure they use it to make you thirsty in some situations, which should be frowned upon, but bad for your health?
Totally and utterly unproven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom