Howto install the latest Derida Guide.

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
Hello There,
I made this guide for my guild but i want to share it with you people aswell.

I have noticed that some people dont find it easy to install derida's UI so here we are to help these people.

1) Download the skinn and unpack:
- Goto www.derida.de and download the latest version. (atm Derida's Mod v2.20). To make your life easy download it to your desktop so you will easyly find the file.
- Now run the software. Wait a few seconds for the software to unpack and go true the wizzard.

2) Copy the folder to the proper location.
- Open your windows explorer (if you're unsure where it is, click Start > run and type "explorer" without the quotes and hit enter)
- Goto the folder C:\Derida_v2.20_ENG check the left part of the image below.
- Rightclick the folder marked with a red square in the image, and select copy.

der1.JPG

- Now goto the folder where your Darkness Rising instalation is. (usualy c:\Dark Age of Camelot - Catacombs) and into the folder "ui". Verify your current location in top of the window. (marked in red in the image below)
- If you have a ui instaled and you want to keep a backup, rename the current "custom" folder into someting else (marked in red in the right part of the image below)
- Now rightclick on the "ui" folder in the left part, allso marked in the image below and select "paste". If windows ask to overwrite hit yes. (if you renamed the custom folder it shouldnt)

der2.JPG

3) Setup Dark Age Of Camelot to use the custom skinn.
- Login into DAOC and go into options, found in the character selection screen. Locate the option marked in yellow in the picture below, and change it to custom. If this option is already custom then you dont need to do anything.

der3.JPG

That's it you are ready to use the skinn. If this doesn't work for you go true the steps again slowly and make sure you read it all. Good luck.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Nice guide, idiot proof, but be aware you will now be flamed for posting it in RVR forums :s

I predict quotes like;

omgz this iz not rvr lamer

and

lolol rep whore lolol

Just be prepared :cheers:

duact

Fledgling Freddie
read the readme.txt instead ppl.

This is just a horrible attempt at repfarming.

and deridas suxxx

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
I posted it here becouse everyone read this forum.
and tbh who cares about rep points?
this works allso for other skinns btw

Agrigo

Can't get enough of FH
Eggy said:

but tbh , nice guide is handy and anyone who says its not RvR related , next time they want to know tnl on rr xLx tell em to foad =)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
duact is just grouchy because he hasnt been breast fed yet today.

Nice guide :)

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
not really too happy with this interface, but its always nice to see people doing skins for the public in there own spare time, can only be reppable!

keep up the good work

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Nice guide! I was using Derida's until only recently, but I figured I'd change it when I was getting a new computer anyway, so now GhostUI is my new favorite. :)

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
nice guide... tho i dont like derida myself :p

but then again, ppl who cant setup UIs themselfs and cant read readme.txt to see how, should use the original skinns what came whit the game.

Djib

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
duact is just grouchy because he hasnt been breast fed yet today.

Nice guide :)

Hrhrhr classic...

And to the poster, nice guide. Thx for taking the time to explain to those who didn't know how.

Infilly

Fledgling Freddie
A very helpfull post. + 1 rep point for this. And keep it in the RvR forums as everyone looks here.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Infilly said:
A very helpfull post. + 1 rep point for this. And keep it in the RvR forums as everyone looks here.

not everyone ;) moved it to the game advice section

igli

Fledgling Freddie
duact said:
read the readme.txt instead ppl.

This is just a horrible attempt at repfarming.

and deridas suxxx

No........

Bahumat

FH is my second home
i installed it and picked the gothic theme as it looked nice, oh how i made a mistake it looks like a 1050's menu now :( gonna see if i can run the .exe and choose new options then overwrite the custom folder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom