How would a tri specced theurg work??

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
Sumth like 25ice(since higher ice pets doesnt do anything better afaik pls prove me wrong) 35 earth for second pbt and all ok earthpets and 32 wind for best pets and an ok mezz

How would this work compared to 41ice 35 earth which is the other specc im thinkin of

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
I suggest you ask Xroo (Amaru), who changes his spec every 2 days.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
My Theurg is currently 41 Ice/35 Earth which is a very flexible spec for PvE/RvR - no variance on base ice nukes, 8 sec pbt, strong snare/nuke pets and good melee pets as well as a reasonable snare/nuke and AoE root.
I'm considering respeccing to 45/21/21 with Air as main spec for the top spec DD, yellow mezz and group BT. I'd obviously lose PBT and I'd rarely land a root also earth pets and ice pets would only be level 37.

With your spec, 25 ice would give you level 50 pets but they'd still be casting a level 25 snare/nuke so it would get resisted a lot I think.

Varadero

Fledgling Freddie
Higher Icepets do more damage, albeit not any impressive amount more their spell also seems to be resisted less for some reason, not really notable tho (and No I have no figures to back that statement up).

a trispec theu, could work I suppose but imho you need alot of RR's below your belt. As for 32 wind giving decent mezz you are sadly mistaken, you will have a 23 second mezz that is granted on spirit dmg so it shouldn't be resisted so much. This is the only "standard" spec I have yet to test.

41 cold/35 earth spec is a good spec for most purposes.
The most notable differences in this spec are: aoeroot which is 60 sec as opposed to 36 sec with 25 cold which you probably need MoF3+ to be able to land reliably, still useful as interrupt I guess. You also get the 41 spec snare nuke, which can be nice in some situations. And you will have no basenuke variance If you have +11 skill in template.

That being said I've said it before I still think it's impossible to spec a theu badly, and if you use the tools given you can't go wrong. A matter of playstyle of course.

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
41wind 21/21 Is the way to go.

even though you get low level ice pets. But in all fairness you don't really cast them alot in rvr. If 8v8 is your style then you need a few earth pets on your target to reliably interupt them. That's 1min of interupts if they don't MoC. And if they do you have a decent 209dd to nuke them down. Ice pets are nice on BG'd targets or on Bainshee's a few pets (10,000,000 on Rure) are good enough.

Earth pets are green con which is good enough. 3 pets and a healer is interupted for 1 min.

Even though I'm 45 wind i hardly ever use the wind pets. Maybe very occasionly. Then i'd spam 5 or 6 on a tank to chain stun to stop him on the assist train.

3 earth pets and maybe 1 ice pet is all you need one each target and you'll find most are interupted.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
I've seen tests showing the difference between 25 and lvl50 ice pets (yes there are some even tho cBuilder doesn't show them), and the damage increase is fractional, resists slightly better but they're not bad anyway. From what I've noticed though the damage decrease from the 25 to 18 ice pets is noticable as they're no longer capped level pets, but if you're only after interrupts rather than damage this shouldn't matter.

I also think 45/21/21 is the way to go, I had higher ice for a while as I didn't realise the 20 earth pets were 60 sec duration (blame cBuilder again), but since respeccing I've loved it. Air pets I only ever use when solo or occasionally in small groups, they can just be kited too easily otherwise - but the nuke is very nice in any situation especially as many people neglect spirit resist.

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
yesterday i decided to go tri specc... will be fun to see how it works

If its useless ill respec :)

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Ckiller said:
yesterday i decided to go tri specc... will be fun to see how it works

If its useless ill respec :)
It will be useless if you solo due to high resist rates on mezz and no good dd. However in a group I think it can offer some extra utility and would be fun to try.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
I guess no nuke is main isssue (well low lvl air nuke or baseline ice with no focus bonus - so huge power cost - and crappy variability).

Playing ment and having no option but 24th lvl mez, find lowbie CC spells aren't as annoying as you might think. Generally double cast by habit to be sure of no resist, works okay with decent cast speed.

Anyhow still figuring theurg stuff myself, will prolly go some split air/ice spec for 2x aoe CC and just for the hell of it.

limpit

Fledgling Freddie
My theurg is air specced (45 air, 25 ice, 16 earth) and I tend to solo a lot and I like my spec a lot..

Air pets alone are fantastic against pretty much any target, as they act as interupts for casters and have that funky stun thing that stops tanks in their tracks long enough for me to either dd it to death, or put enough distance between me and the tank to survive...

Mezz is nice (although I forget I've got it most of the time!), and the little earth pets are effective enough if you cast 2 or 3 on a target... but I tend to only spam then on something if i'm trying to keep it busy while I'm focussing on other things...

I think the spec you choose has to be right for you.. Tri-speccing a theurg might seem like a good idea, but you'll lack being strong in one line, but I guess what you lose in strength, you gain in all the util you'll get from the other spell lines :)

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
aye since its gonna be a goup char and i dont really see theurgists as a nuker(will use wizzy for that instead) i think that the tri specc will offer me the best of 3 worlds best airpets good earth and ice pets an aoe root(not much to talk about its quite short) and a mezz (same there but its better than nuttin belive me :) )

Jebelious

Fledgling Freddie
my theurg is air/earth for pbt and small ammount of ice. not a bad spec just havent got any items for him yet :p

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
45 air 25 ice

go 45 air 25 ice without a doubt! you get uber nukes (imo), aemess\root, uber stunning pets of doom, and superuber ice pets that nuke for about 200+- each nuke..

its the best spec IMO! :)

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
mikke said:
go 45 air 25 ice without a doubt! you get uber nukes (imo), aemess\root, uber stunning pets of doom, and superuber ice pets that nuke for about 200+- each nuke..

its the best spec IMO! :)

only prob with the pets is there 25s duration. It's also very easy to over extended them untill the 25s is up.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Haggus said:
only prob with the pets is there 25s duration. It's also very easy to over extended them untill the 25s is up.
Plus they move at speed 1 so can be kited infinitely anyway so long as they dont get within stun-proc range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom