How utterly incompetent is this ?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
It is a national scandal, there needs to be some sackings right to the top of government for this. If organised crime gangs get hold of this information then more than 10% of all U.K. bank accounts could be compromised.

Laddey

FH is my second home
Heard it on the radio before. Thank fuck i dont claim child support! :p

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I'm on that list, incompetent bastards.

"I know, lets send the details of 25 million people on unencryted disks in a normal (non recorded) package".......cant put into words how incredibly mad I am.

And these friggin idiots want us to trust them to set up an id card system. yeah,right.

I'd sooner trust Charles Manson with a carving knife.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Auch :S
It' just another one of tho's things that just shouldnt be possible..

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
why is it on a fucking disk? sensitive information like that just shouldn't be posted.
i'd be very pissed off if i was someone that was affected by this.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
It's just outright proof that the people who run this country are fucking morons and does nothing to help the fact that i'm already anti establishment.

Great Britain, a country ran by idiots for the idiots.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Worst part is they wont say who is affected

Seriously though.. why on earth were they on a cd in the first place??
Did they employ a monkey to run their IT department??

I really am in utter disbelief at this, i genuinley am in shock at the utter incompetance

Nate

FH is my second home
Shame they missed the last 15m huh!? :D You scrounging bastards! How dare you have kids and be forced to get tax refunds!!!!!

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
Chronictank.. they DO employ monkeys at their IT depts.

i used to work for PPA.. prescription pricing authority and i heard a rather shocking story.

about 10 years ago when the systems changed, all the it peeps got send to courses to beef up their it skills... the result? the it peeps were overqualified for the job they were doing and moved onto jobs that reflected their qualifications.

then.. the policy was.. hire peeps with it skills, but dont train them in case they move onto something better paid.

i shit you not btw.. as a consequence of that decision, not one of the govt databases is compatible with another. DLA database cant send info to DSS, or anything else etc.. hence having to send stuff on discs for an upload.

its shocling i knw and it all comes down to that thing us brits do the best.. getting the cheapest bidder for the shittiest job that actually turns out to be the most expensive in the long run.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
Shame they missed the last 15m huh!? :D You scrounging bastards! How dare you have kids and be forced to get tax refunds!!!!!

Child support is something everyone with children gets regardless of whether they work or not. This is not Tax Credits it is what used to be called family allowance.

You sir are a twat.

soze

I am a FH squatter
What i do not get is why dose there need to be sacking right at the top of goverment for this. Some larry send it out normal roal mail breaking the rules he gets sacked maybe his boss for not training him. But Darling getting the sack wtf for he cant inspect every bit of mail all the civil sevants send.

I know its a huge cock up but all this sack Darling stuff is a load of bollocks.

Helme

Resident Freddy
This is just fucking hilarious in a very bad way, how does this happen? Honestly.

Nate

FH is my second home
Child support is something everyone with children gets regardless of whether they work or not. This is not Tax Credits it is what used to be called family allowance.

You sir are a twat.

It was sarcasm, hence the extensive number of exclamation marks.

You sir are a dumbo.

What i do not get is why dose there need to be sacking right at the top of goverment for this. Some larry send it out normal roal mail breaking the rules he gets sacked maybe his boss for not training him. But Darling getting the sack wtf for he cant inspect every bit of mail all the civil sevants send.

I know its a huge cock up but all this sack Darling stuff is a load of bollocks.

It's most likely a ploy so he can become a director/chairman, get paid more and do nothing.

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Seriously though.. why on earth were they on a cd in the first place??
Did they employ a monkey to run their IT department??

The higher levels of government from what I understand are supported my ex military folk type who have re-trained into IT. The reason for this is they can easily get or come with SV clearance, so it's easier to retrain people into IT than find trained IT peopled who are Security Vetted, so first thing they ask for is SV rather than IT Skill.

That's what have been told by a mate who works in Whitehall anyway.

Nate

FH is my second home
dumbo status lasts 24 hours and cannot be purged I'm afraid.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
This was a systemic failure - it shouldn't have been possible for such sensitive information to be released without many levels of senior authorisation, and even then, the data should have been encrypted and if it absolutely had to be put on disc, then it should have been transported by professional security.

The government is saying there's no evidence the discs have fallen into criminal hands. But in fact, there's no evidence to say they haven't.

Even if they find the discs, there's no guarantee they haven't already been copied.

Had a security expert on the radio saying that with this information, criminals will be happy to wait months or years before committing acts of identity fraud.

This isn't the first time data's gone missing. Nationwide mislaid 10 million records not too long ago. HSBC lost some stuff.

It will happen again.

We are all exposed potentially. The security expert said that in practice, there's not much you can do.

Heads should roll for this.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, anyone who was suprised this happened, obviously hasn't seen the "high tech" equipment government officials use.

It's, "Bill Gates in Garage" dated to say the least.

I think jesus had a newer system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom