How to unsubscribe permanently from DAOC?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heilel, Jan 27, 2004.

1. heilel

heilel Fledgling Freddie

A few months ago, I unsubscribed from DAOc, as I don't play it anymore.
    On a whim, I checked my subscription information and it had scheduled me for resubscription.
    So, I switched it off again and it was due to automatically take another subscription in the 1st of February, so it was lucky I checked.

Is there a way to PERMANENTLY be removed from the GOA records?

2. Falcon

Falcon Fledgling Freddie

Only getting your bank to cancel your card, GOA steal from you whenever they feel like it.

3. Brannor McThife

Brannor McThife Fledgling Freddie

Nice to see you back and bitching as usual. (waits for the "witty" comeback)

Anyway, he's partially correct. Your best bet, when subscribing to an online game, is to get a debit card specifically for that game, then when you're done, cancel the card. Makes it far easier to track your spending and stop paying in the end.

-G

4. mts

mts Fledgling Freddie

yeah i'd recommend this as well

5. Graknak

Graknak Fledgling Freddie

can't you just remover yer CC number from the billing screen? or at least fill in some non-existing number?

6. Iceflower

Iceflower Fledgling Freddie

Could get a bit embarrassing if you manage to fill in an existing card number :)

Not to mention the legal implications...

7. heilel

heilel Fledgling Freddie

Surely it must be possible to be completely removed from the records?
    IT can't be legal to take someone's money after they have SPECIFICALLY unsubscribed?

8. Tilda

Tilda Moderator Moderator

You could email them mentioning the data protection act, remove your express permission for them to store your personal information, and ask them to delete all records. I think they're legally obliged to do that.

Tilda

9. cHodAX

cHodAX I am a FH squatter

They are under both British and EU law, my sister (studying for her LPC) confirmed that to me a while back.

10. Dwali

Dwali Can't get enough of FH

or try remove auto renew then they wont renew...i have done it on 1 accont that will run out in mars

11. Ctuchik

Ctuchik FH is my second home

read his post again mate :) hes done that and it keeps poping back to auto renewal :)

12. heilel

heilel Fledgling Freddie

As pointed out, I have already removed autorenew.
    But yeah, it came back after a while.

That's kinda scary.

I suppose I have to write a letter to GOA to make sure they remove me permanently.
    I definitely don't want my CC details with them.

13. Falcon

Falcon Fledgling Freddie

Admit it, you missed me :p

14. Breon

Breon Fledgling Freddie

This is quite a few times now this has happened to people.

Any one from Goa care to shed some light on the situation?

15. Baxx

Baxx Fledgling Freddie

i used to play daoc by using my mothers cc, stopped that awhile back since i had money in my own account to pay for it ;P

but now GOA/ ( or whoever takes the money from the card )

have renewed 2 subs, one taken in euros, and one taken in sterling ^^;;

:flame:

so shes cancelled the cards and the bank has contacted the Fraud Squad (tm)

so buh bye who ever is taking it. :cheers:

16. Kidain

Kidain Fledgling Freddie

And the legal inplications of a company taking Your money when they are NOT allowed....
    Me i would have kept any e-mails or took a screenie of the day i cancel < i never have...yet ;)...send this in an email threatinging to sue of they dont stop...cause its simple..this is Fraud and is not allowed if you can prove it.
    The gits.
    K.