How to spec an Armsman???

S

saijan_WarLord

Guest
Yup, tell me wuts best, i dont want an fully s+s arms cause i allready got a pally for that....

i like this spec atm:
44 Slash
44 Pole
44 Parry

but this one is also attempting:
44 slash
42 Shield
44 pole
13 parry

any other ideas on other Armsman Spec's?
 
M

mirieth

Guest
Originally posted by saijan_WarLord
Yup, tell me wuts best, i dont want an fully s+s arms cause i allready got a pally for that....

i like this spec atm:
44 Slash
44 Pole
44 Parry

but this one is also attempting:
44 slash
42 Shield
44 pole
13 parry

any other ideas on other Armsman Spec's?

The first one is pure damage, which is always nice. However, you will be relying on a guard/Cleric to keep you alive a lot of the time.

The second spec is how my Armsman is specced (albeit with Thrust not Slash). I like this spec for RvR but in retrospect would have gone slash to be more usefull in PvE (s/s - Amethyst Slash). This is a good all round spec, the best of both the worlds and fun to play. :great:
 
V

vindicat0r

Guest
Originally posted by saijan_WarLord


i like this spec atm:
44 Slash
44 Pole
44 Parry

but this one is also attempting:
44 slash
42 Shield
44 pole
13 parry


dont bother with 44 Parry. unless mythic decide to let u parry arrows / spells ^^. You have to decide do you want to be an all out damage dealer / Defensive slam tank / or hybrid Slam tank.

If you go for all out dmg dealer take Polearm to 50 for the Aegis combo. If you cant land slam or are chasing a enemy tank / casters use Phalanx then u get to use a lvl 50 style Defenders Aegis. 9sec stun, Phalanx again after that < little end used>. and if ur a in 1 v 1 or find ur self fighting a tank head on. Then use ur Defenders combo < 2nd chain is also a 9sec stun> then move to back for phalanx and procced to pwn him >. you also have to remember Parry doubles when you go 2 handed so 25+ parry is fine. all out dmg dealer spec would be:

50 Polearm
44 slash / thrust
7 shield < engage is a must >
rest Parry

Then again the Hybrid spec for an armsman is probably the best as it lets you do so much. Slam is a great tool and can be used as offense and defense. The low parry can be raised to 20+ with RR + items so no problem ther + MoP if u want. for Hybrid spec :

44 pole
44 slash /thrust
42 shield
13 parry


Ther is no real point going all defense as an Armsman, you are the main tank your ther to do damage. Paladins are ther to be Pure Defensive tanks tbh.

My armsman is the Hybrid spec and It worked great for me. If I was only tank in grp I stay S+S and slamed any tanks / assasins on support charcs and took out pole for pain after slam. If ther was a pala or 2 in grp I charged enemy support and slammed and again brought out the pole :D. Casters dont like Polearms much and ther pretty much dead if u land slam ^^. high Determination is a must for a rushing tank :p

Well just my advice, hope I helped some.
 
C

chretien

Guest
How do you make an armsman effective?
Make him a merc. .
 
O

old.TeaSpoon

Guest
Currently level 45...

44 Pole
38 Thrust
21 Parry
19 Xbow


Took a 50 zerk down to 10% hp in 6ish shots :D
 
S

Sagba

Guest
My spec:

50 Slash
50 Shield
28 Parry
6 Xbow

I think Diamond Slash is fixed(=does more dmg than Amethyst) but it still suck :)

Thinking about this spec:

39 Slash
42 Shield
50 Pole
6 Parry

With this spec I would get best Slash styles, all Pole styles and Slam. Sounds good to me, but I'm still happy with my current spec :) I dont see any point to spec in Xbow, crap range and crap damage.

Then again, if I want to make damage I play my wizzie and when I play my Armsman I do my best to keep casters alive and let them to do the damage. Yep, I will keep my current spec :p
 
S

saijan_WarLord

Guest
Re: Re: How to spec an Armsman???

Originally posted by vindicat0r
dont bother with 44 Parry. unless mythic decide to let u parry arrows / spells ^^. You have to decide do you want to be an all out damage dealer / Defensive slam tank / or hybrid Slam tank.

If you go for all out dmg dealer take Polearm to 50 for the Aegis combo. If you cant land slam or are chasing a enemy tank / casters use Phalanx then u get to use a lvl 50 style Defenders Aegis. 9sec stun, Phalanx again after that < little end used>. and if ur a in 1 v 1 or find ur self fighting a tank head on. Then use ur Defenders combo < 2nd chain is also a 9sec stun> then move to back for phalanx and procced to pwn him >. you also have to remember Parry doubles when you go 2 handed so 25+ parry is fine. all out dmg dealer spec would be:

50 Polearm
44 slash / thrust
7 shield < engage is a must >
rest Parry

Then again the Hybrid spec for an armsman is probably the best as it lets you do so much. Slam is a great tool and can be used as offense and defense. The low parry can be raised to 20+ with RR + items so no problem ther + MoP if u want. for Hybrid spec :

44 pole
44 slash /thrust
42 shield
13 parry


Ther is no real point going all defense as an Armsman, you are the main tank your ther to do damage. Paladins are ther to be Pure Defensive tanks tbh.

My armsman is the Hybrid spec and It worked great for me. If I was only tank in grp I stay S+S and slamed any tanks / assasins on support charcs and took out pole for pain after slam. If ther was a pala or 2 in grp I charged enemy support and slammed and again brought out the pole :D. Casters dont like Polearms much and ther pretty much dead if u land slam ^^. high Determination is a must for a rushing tank :p

Well just my advice, hope I helped some.

It helped alot, i've decided to go:
50 pole
44 Slash
36 Parry
7 Shield
rest xbow.

Im quite tired of the low damage paladins perform so going all damage Arms. Thanks for all good advice's :)
 
S

Sagba

Guest
Re: Re: Re: How to spec an Armsman???

Originally posted by saijan_WarLord
It helped alot, i've decided to go:
50 pole
44 Slash
36 Parry
7 Shield
rest xbow.

Im quite tired of the low damage paladins perform so going all damage Arms. Thanks for all good advice's :)

<Wondering what the life of an Armsman would be without Slam>
/suicide :p

That spec is not too bad, but I think Merc would be better for (pure) offensive tank. They hit hard and fast with two swords, which will help a lot against PBT :)
 
R

Roalith

Guest
42 shield
44 pole
39 slash
24 parry

Can kill anything cept fangfils, higher-RR/chants pallys, and pure s/s tanks. Easy enough to get 50/50/50 if you balance your SC set properly.
 
K

Kagato.

Guest
First decide wether you want pure damage, defensive or hybrid spec, all have there advantages and uses, its down to how you want to play. But if you have a defensive pally then chances are you want something a little different.

Myself I like the pure offensive spec,

50 Pole
50 Thrust
28 Parry

The rest in shield/crossbow.

No major advantage to speccing Parry higher for a mere .5 % chance a pop, better of getting Mastery of Parrying for a full 3% per level.

And yes the level 50 pole style Defenders Aegis is very nice, high damage, long duration movement reduction, ideal for dealing with cowards running away.

Out of curiosity have any polers tried auto training there base damage ? Would of been tempted to try if I knew about auto-train when I started long long ago.
 
O

old.GeForce

Guest
Originally posted by Roalith
42 shield
44 pole
39 slash
24 parry

Can kill anything cept fangfils, higher-RR/chants pallys, and pure s/s tanks. Easy enough to get 50/50/50 if you balance your SC set properly.

/point

/laugh

/taunt

/victory

:p
 
O

Ozwaldo

Guest
Trust me you need High parry to be a good Poleman

And for the 50 pole style in RvR you get very few oppurtunities to use it.

the 44 line in all specs looks good to me lets you get 50 in all the three main lines and with master parry you are quite a force.
 
S

saijan_WarLord

Guest
im sick of slam.... takes all my endu right away, and i dont got any endurance chant.
Takes alot even whe useing smal shield. Id rather spend my endu on some pwnaging damage pole moves..
 
O

Ozwaldo

Guest
Originally posted by saijan_WarLord
im sick of slam.... takes all my endu right away, and i dont got any endurance chant.
Takes alot even whe useing smal shield. Id rather spend my endu on some pwnaging damage pole moves..

:clap:
 
V

vestax

Guest
Damn.. theres not enough crossbow specced armsmen ;(

50 Crossbow
50 Slash
Rest sheild

is teh way!
 
M

mirieth

Guest
Originally posted by vestax
Damn.. theres not enough crossbow specced armsmen ;(

50 Crossbow
50 Slash
Rest sheild

is teh way!

I'm convinced!

<respecs>

Pwnage!

:m00:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

O
2 3
Replies
85
Views
2K
SoulFly Amarok
S
A
Replies
6
Views
1K
Derric
D
C
Replies
22
Views
880
mincepie
M
T
Replies
0
Views
377
thegreatest
T
B
Replies
8
Views
671
bulge
B
Top Bottom