How to run 2 accounts on same PC

H

heraldi

I would like to try to run 2 accounts on my computer.

Can it be done and how do i go about it ?

I have tried to make 2 installations of the game, that does not seem to work.

I know some do it but how is it done ?

H

hrun

start daoc log in first account
alt + tab
start daoc log in 2nd account

I only use one installation of the game, works fine for me

A

Aloca

Need to have SI installed.
also need to have atleast 512 Mb ram

L

Lessurl

Hello Hera, didn't know you read these forums. :D

To answer your question, you will need to have bought 2 copies of SI (one for each account) then make sure you have registered Si for each one. Then, you have to boot up one account (let it load up the whole way till you have completely loaded up your character, then either alt-tab out and start to load up another daoc session or just minimise the window (if playing in windowed mode and start up another session). Then enter the username and p-word of the second account and you should end up with 2 accounts running on your comp...thought the second account may take a bit longer to load up. Also, as has already been mentioned, 512mb of Ram is advisable before you try this.

O

oblivion_6

another tip

if ur running windows xp and you want both copies to work well without one laggin do CTRL ALT DEL and select both instances of game.dll right click and set priority to low on both of em

:)

R

RobbanPobban

1024 DDRAM, 3.2 GhZ, Gforce4 ti...

Running 2 DaoC without problem :p Can run in crowded zones with both accounts withpout lagg "ghost walks".

A

arrakeen

It lags less if you use 2 x SI dirs instead of the same...

Im pretty sure that there is a setting in 2k/xp that makes you set programs that aint active to share the cpu/ram with active programs, so the unactive accout dont lag when on stick etc :)

S

Solarius

One thing to be careful of - don't log out completely (ie quit from chr screen) if you don't want to have to restart your comp - ending one client whilst the other still active causes the Game.dll from the closed one to crash, and results in your computer thinking that two clients are still active :(

Anyone know a workaround or fix for that? (happens when one client LDs and other doesn't as well)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom