How to resolve population

friky

Fledgling Freddie
i had a idea and my allience told me was a good one and to tell goa + FH its too : make a area on the map were all survers which are running on the same patch can tp two, no comunitaion unless you are talking to your surver , when you port you do not loose buffs. mabie a keep in the center like bgs, but the keep mabie having some sort of relevence posibly a relic ..

kirennia

Part of the furniture
i had a idea and my allience told me was a good one and to tell goa + FH its too : make a area on the map were all survers which are running on the same patch can tp two, no comunitaion unless you are talking to your surver , when you port you do not loose buffs. mabie a keep in the center like bgs, but the keep mabie having some sort of relevence posibly a relic ..

If you do truly mean all servers (presuming you mean GoA servers, not a mix with americans), that'd be absolute hell for lag. Don't know if you were a part of them but quite often back just over a year ago, whenever 300+ people arrived in the same zone, it'd crash forcing GoA to eventually do a server reset.

The problem is, after each time, they'd post up saying it was reset on the official site, occasionally saying they were working on a fix but in the end, the only thing which fixed the stability was a lower population and these kinds of mass raids dying out.

The logistical problems are also pretty big. Each server is run through an individual machine handing all the server side information for each character. If I heard/remember correctly, some particular sets of zones were again, run on through different server machines. To set this up, they'd have to have every single machine back at their HQ linked up to constantly supply character information to the new, super computer (more money) which would in turn increase latency, decrease stability and generally take a long long time to implement.

Sadly for us, this cross machine linkup doesn't seem to be as easy as the american servers. Over there, they can account split for example which over here, never got implemented because it'd involve revamping all of the website and their server infrastructure to support things like multiple languages.

There is also the problem of multi-language servers not existing yet which would HAVE to be implemented before multi language characters could retrieve server side info from the current server they're on. It isn't just things like what an NPC would say, it's also things like battle messages and the like.

Sorry if it seems to be a negative cloud over a positive idea but I just thought I'd post the potential problems involved. Realistically, they'd be much much more likely to introduce multi-language setups so german servers could cluster with the english servers for example BEFORE they'd consider something like this. And by the time they've done that, the problem is gone anyway.

Outtamind

Fledgling Freddie
Theres a better solution to bringing players onto the game
I`m not prepaired to share it with GoA tho simply because they don`t have hold of the reins anymore
And i know for sre EA wouldn`t make it worth my while if i was to set the ball rolling
My solution has a 100% secure payment method aswell as being a worldwide company with a lot of respect and is also looking for new ventures to profit from

By allowing their customers a longer free trial period or some other kind of benefit i`d gaurantee atleast a million people trying the game

But as i say EA wouldn`t be interested in the idea unless i offered it to them on a plate and i`ve got no intentions of doing that as i know this idea is 100% fool proof and some other mmo out there wuld pay me well for the idea

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Whats the point when 2fg of Sparta retards on stick will ruin all the fun ? :p

Also what you are suggesting is technically far too much hassle and Goa for one wont be putting time and effort into it i can assure you ;)

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Theres a better solution to bringing players onto the game
I`m not prepaired to share it with GoA tho simply because they don`t have hold of the reins anymore
And i know for sre EA wouldn`t make it worth my while if i was to set the ball rolling
My solution has a 100% secure payment method aswell as being a worldwide company with a lot of respect and is also looking for new ventures to profit from

By allowing their customers a longer free trial period or some other kind of benefit i`d gaurantee atleast a million people trying the game

But as i say EA wouldn`t be interested in the idea unless i offered it to them on a plate and i`ve got no intentions of doing that as i know this idea is 100% fool proof and some other mmo out there wuld pay me well for the idea

Good for you :D

Now get out there and put your money where your mouth is ;)

But being honest about it ... 1,000,000+ people playing a mmo as old as daoc just is not going to happen bro , no way no how ;)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie

Great idea, i'd love to see all the Dyvet whine when they get steamrolled by 4fg French players on stick :)

d@n.dk

One of Freddy's beloved
How to resolve population

Well for a start... GOA could solve the problem with Vista and DaoC.. So we can log in game again ...
This is kind a noobish tbh...

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Great idea, i'd love to see all the Dyvet whine when they get steamrolled by 4fg French players on stick :)

Anyone who played Glastonbury with those Vae Victis wankers will know what I mean ;)

uneducated

Fledgling Freddie
Whats the point when 2fg of Sparta retards on stick will ruin all the fun ? :p

Also what you are suggesting is technically far too much hassle and Goa for one wont be putting time and effort into it i can assure you ;)
if you think thats bad try limors/stonehenge with 10grps on stick:p The other night there was 1 fg roaming in agra, and 190mids there, like 150mids just stuck to one pachealer:p

Thadius

Part of the furniture
if you think thats bad try limors/stonehenge with 10grps on stick:p The other night there was 1 fg roaming in agra, and 190mids there, like 150mids just stuck to one pachealer:p

How the fuck do they get enjoyment from that? xD

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
The way to fix the population is, everytime you log in, GOA take your address details. The local Domino's/Pizza Hut is phoned up and they order you your favourite pizza and drink to be sent to your house.

That would get the population up.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
friky said:
i had a idea and my allience told me was a good one and to tell goa + FH its too

Was that in the hope that while you were spamming GOA and FH they would get some peace and quiet?

Outtamind

Fledgling Freddie
Good for you :D

Now get out there and put your money where your mouth is ;)

But being honest about it ... 1,000,000+ people playing a mmo as old as daoc just is not going to happen bro , no way no how ;)

It`s not an Old game at all... LoTM is a new expansion thats hit the shelves around the same time as burning crusade (WoW) which is why it was a big flop... not that nobody wants to try the game it`s more the fact Burning Crusade has had a lot of TV newspaper and internet advertising and the population are jumping to it

This 1 million people trying the game is actually about 1/100th of the population of customers the company i have in mind has and with a longer free trial period for customers using my method DAoC would have a lot more people trying it out
The game itself isn`t what will hold players here and stop them moving to WoW etc... It`s the community themselves that would push them away with their lack of community events and no feeling of a community when they log onto here to find everyone bickering at each other

My idea is based on facts not fiction and the 1 million subs is the very least the game on a whole would see

If they wanna set the ball rolling and make it worth my time to set this idea up then i`d be happy to help... otherwise i`ll take the idea to WoW as the secure payments alone are enough for companies to advertise as a gauranteed way to keep your credit/debit info secure as theres no need at all for players to have to use their cards to pay

GoA can track me down via my character name under this text so it`s upto them if they wanna e-mail me and make me an offer i can`t refuse

I`m all for saving this game but i want something in return for my time and effort which is understandable

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom