[SQUIG HERDER] How to play in rvr

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
As a squig i guess still relatively poorly equiped i am trying to work out how to rvr effectively

It seems that i am fine at range but i really have nothing much to stop ppl running in and hitting me and as soon as they are within my too close to shoot range i am basically dead

my snare doest last long enough or start far enough away to stop them getting close. And then meleeing me to death

If i have my knock back moral skill it still isnt often enough to kill someone before they hit me in melee range

I am mainly big shooting spec btw

mostly i fire and run away and hope someone else finishes them off .. or i aoe fire into zergs and try to stay out of harms way cause i am very squishy ;)

Anyone got any suggestions ?

pikeh

Resident Freddy
SH's get quite a few skills to prevent melee attacks.

Firstly, Quick Shootin' is by far the best kiting spec.
The single target damage isn't like spamming plink all the time, you rely a lot more on DoT's like Your Bleeding and Rotten Arrer' (which also has a lovely heal debuff as well).

Right, to start off you might want to use your basic squig. He has a awesome knockdown and can take a hit very well. He's also good for taunting WL's pets to prevent them from Fetching you.

Your morale 1 ability is a very handy knockback, which I often use on WH's, followed by there snare, Not So Fast!.

The funnest part of the quick shootin' tree is Run Away!, which taunts all enemies (granting you a 50% detaunt as well) and knocks you flying forward - it's imperative that you time it right and jump whilst firing it, as without jumping its not always reliable.

As a big shooter, There's not much you can do when it comes to kiting. your a sniper, simple. If you are intent on keeping it, try to scout the edge of battles, go for squishy targets (the BW/AM/RP/SW's) and try not to hang around too long.
Use Your Bleeding(if in range)>Wot Blocka>Plink>Plink rotation with your snare and initiative debuff as a shot rotation. Thats about as complicated as it gets.

Remember to fully utilise your pets added abilities. For solo play and kiting, you can't beat Basic Squig. For keep defence, Horned is probably best for the added range, and for zerging around it dosent hurt to have the extra crit from spikey. Then again, you could just drop pets and use All By Meself for the 25% damage buff from not having a pet.

I stopped using Big Shootin' when I realised that it wasn't any good for producing anything other than big numbers in Scen's. Sure, BW's and other squishies go down very very quick with your R2 Morale ability, but the mobility of Quick Shootin' means you die a lot less, AoE damage when combined with Splintering Arrows tactic and R3 Morale is very very good and can often help clear chokepoints.

Quick Shooting is quite hard to play, you need a good debuff timer addon to make sure you keep an enemy with DoT's, Wot Blocka etc, but its a lot more rewarding.

If you didn't want to fully commit to QS, there is a good Hybrid spec somewhere, which takes BS up to 11 and the rest into QS, but I can't remember it :eek:

Good luck!

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Oh, there is also a tactic called "Run Away!" confusingly.
This gives you a 25% chance to get a speed buff when you are hit. Might be worth thinking about if you keep BS.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
spec melee, throw on the squig armour and JUMP ON THEIR HEADS...

muahuahuahuah

erm, sorry, I'll go back into the gimp corner :)

Pikeh's covered it pretty well I'd say. Have to watch with running away from WH's that they don't have Sudden Accusation running which will kill you just about as fast as standing around to let them melee you will.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Pikeh's covered it pretty well I'd say. Have to watch with running away from WH's that they don't have Sudden Accusation running which will kill you just about as fast as standing around to let them melee you will.

Well with the coming patch, SA is going to have insta cast and therefore is handy in melee. (it also makes Stabbing a much more viable spec) You don't have to even spec any points in it to use KABOOM! which is another Knockback.

Luckily, Sudden Accusations is getting nerf which fits nicely with the Run Away! change. As it is atm, Run Away! Is one of the very few tools we have of getting out of melee range and dieing in 5 seconds from Sudden Accus.

I forgot to mention the disarm, Drop That!, which requires an active pet. It still seems a bit buggy to me, hardly ever works properly. Hopefully that will be fixed.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Horned Squig on healers as an interrupt is very useful for grp based combat. Pain in the but to be on the receiving end of the KD they do.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Horned do KB, Basic's do the KD. ;)

Both OP especially when they hit you from behind whilst in a keep and knock you into the not so friendly bunch outside :( Wish they would fix pets getting through doors.

Squigs seem like would be fun class, quite squishy but loads of tools and decent damage. Pity I parked my destro chars in favour of a server with some action.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Both OP especially when they hit you from behind whilst in a keep and knock you into the not so friendly bunch outside :( Wish they would fix pets getting through doors.

Squigs seem like would be fun class, quite squishy but loads of tools and decent damage. Pity I parked my destro chars in favour of a server with some action.

where did you park em?

Orrud got transfers to Hirn, which has action :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom