How to obtain a US Account

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
I'll basically copy/paste what i posted on pryd.net. If anyone feels like moving to US servers this will help.

Below is the easiest way to obtain a US account.

First of all if you want to play on the US the easiest way to install a US version either to copy your directory for euro (you don't have to if never going euro again) and simply open up update.dat file and delete the contents and replace with this;

Mythic Patch
patch.daoc.net:1280/updates/darkness/mpatch.dat
patch.daoc.net:1280/updates/darkness/mpatch.dat

Obviously you replace 'darkness' to 'catacombs' if your using to catacombs or darkness to 'atlantis' if your using ToA.

Next question is, where do i obtain a US account from? It's simple. Once you've updated DAoC fully to US version and are at the login screen. You may click create account where you type in personal info and a desired password using the code below as your cd key.

YW38WC9-WCXU9LB-GMEC6EY-WG1LAQ1-HLJKXWL

Once this is done, you can now log into your account. It has a 14 day free trial period with ToA and SI expansions activated.

Catacombs and Darkness Rising can be purchased from your account info screen after you have logged in, you can save $10 if you activate them both at same time, costing you about $29 the equalivent of £16.

You can download the darkness rising expansion from here

Therefore after your 14 day trial period you can pay for your account after the 14 days for the standard £8 a month. Also DAoC only accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express from Euro afaik.

Be good to see some people over here enjoying the game more, gl and have fun.

cheers

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
Wonder if Mythic will rename my char or approve of it :D
Did try to /appeal and report myself to see if it was ok, but seems you can only report another player (that has to be targetted as well)...
Scary to see +820 hibs online and lag being less than on GOA network with Prydwen having <100 total online :eek7:

sshot0001bk.jpg

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Says the version I tried to update is missing some Keyfiles and is corrupt :eek:

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
Coldbeard said:
Says the version I tried to update is missing some Keyfiles and is corrupt :eek:
Yea sorry i need to make it clearer, you can't patch to darkness rising from the patcher, you need to download the files from the webby.

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
aye I had the same , just update to cata and then dl DR from web :p

SeeN

Fledgling Freddie
I get the same error when I try to update my catacombs.

Says that key files are corrupt

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom