How to make a salesman leave your house?

M

Moryen

Hi, a bit nothing to do with anything but that's why they call it general.

Was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to get rid of unwanted salesman, my wife recently reluctantly agreed to letting a kitchen salesman come and give us a talk about a new kitchen which we were only considering, and I get the impression he isn't going to leave until we've agreed. I've tried telling him we want to think about it, are not interested, and need more time. And nothing works, any tips before I kill this man and hide him in the basement?

M

mank!

Originally posted by Moryen
Hi, a bit nothing to do with anything but that's why they call it general.

Was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to get rid of unwanted salesman, my wife recently reluctantly agreed to letting a kitchen salesman come and give us a talk about a new kitchen which we were only considering, and I get the impression he isn't going to leave until we've agreed. I've tried telling him we want to think about it, are not interested, and need more time. And nothing works, any tips before I kill this man and hide him in the basement?

Has he moved in then? I'm confused.

Just say you're going out, and go out. He can't stay then can he?

M

Moryen

Originally posted by Wij
Say "Goodbye now !"

That simple.

I'm trying to keep a good attitude with him rather than just saying get out, that's the problem.

Y

Yoni

when he gets to the door tell him that you have had second thoughts and that you are sorry to have wasted his time but dont let him in again:clap:

G

GDW

What sort of man are you!! If he wont leave when you ask him beat him the fuck out. Its you house.

S

Sichama

Be rude, up to the point he can't sue you.

And don't be afraid its your house no one can report you and get you banned out of it.

Example:
I don't want your kitchen and if you are not out of my sight in 10 seconds im calling the police.

And if he isn't call them

W

Wij

I'm trying to keep a good attitude with him rather than just saying get out, that's the problem.

That's what he's counting on. That's how they work. You have to get assertive to make them go.

T

Teh Krypt

Gently touch his leg and he will soon leave.

D

Dr_Weasel

Be assertive. Say something like "Thank you for your time, as I said, we a re 100% not going to make a decision today and any further conversation is wasting my time and yours."

Stand up, move to shake his hand and then open the lounge door and stand there waiting for him to move.

He should realise that its the end of the game and leave.,

The trick is to be assertive and make that closing statement. Standing up, shaking his hand and opening the door is a sure sign that you are no longer playing the game.

W

Wij

Actually touching his leg might work too. Good point.

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by Wij
Actually touching his leg might work too. Good point.

Could also give me his phone number and i'll phone up and give good excuse! :p

M

Moryen

Thanks for the tips, but i don't intent to start attacking someone in my house just because they are trying to do their job. I've added a very fair anount of laxative to his tea while hes talking to the wife and i'm sure he'll be leaving VERY soon :)

O

Ono

I once had this fuck phone me telling me my Missus had made an appointment to get a free kitchen survey done and was asked if the 10am slot was still on.

I knew this to be bullshit cos we only had our kitchen done not long ago.

He then insisted that his guy had to come in because it had been agreed.

I told him to fuck off and put the phone down.

He phoned back saying it was rude to put the phone down on people (before he slammed the phone down :rolleyes: )

Cunt.

These days if I get cold callers - which are usually about Double Glazing, Telephone, Utility supplier change, kitchens and mortgage changes I just tell them I'm only living there on a short term rent and would love to talk to them once I get a job.

That shuts them up.

S

SoWat!

I once had (an elderly) neighbour ring my doorbell and ask if I could help get rid of a couple of salesman that wouldn't leave. Apparently they just laughed when asked to leave! She and her husband felt totally intimidated and just couldn't handle the situation.

I went round, and informed the pair of salesmen that although the couple had invited them in, they now wanted them out. If they stayed they would be trespassing, and the police would be informed.

They still wouldn't leave, so I picked up the phone and called the police. They left rather quickly then.

The thing yu have to remember, is that although you may be a sensitive soul, the salesman knows exactly what he's doing. If he's rude enough to outstay his welcome, you should have no qualms in asking him to leave. The best way is to not pussy-foot about it (and leave yourself open to persuasion), but just come right out and say "I would like you to leave now".

S

S-Gray

Get one of those stickers on your front door... dont know if they do the trick but thats what they're there for :p

J

Jonny_Darko

Thanks for the tips, but i don't intent to start attacking someone in my house just because they are trying to do their job. I've added a very fair anount of laxative to his tea while hes talking to the wife and i'm sure he'll be leaving VERY soon :)

Or...he'll just ask if he can use your bathroom...

S

Sar

Come in his face.

He'll either bolt, or you'll have made a friend for life.

:)

T

Tom

Kitchen Salesmen only want your money. They're not interested in getting you a nice kitchen. Never buy a kitchen from a salesman, do what I did, go find a good carpenter, and get him to make it. You'll get a premium kitchen, and also cut out the middleman.

BTW, just tell him you're not interested. I get double glazing salesmen around all the time, trying to get me to replace my 95 year old (still working nicely) sash windows with PVCu windows. I ask them how long they're guaranteed for, and then ask them if they're such good windows, how come they ain't guaranteed for more than 100 years?

House-calling salesmen are just cunts. NEVER, EVER buy from them.

BTW even if you do sign something, you have a legal 'cooling off period', so don't sweat.

E

evilmonkeh

some bloke came round once and cleaned our windows without us asking him. he then asked for payment.
my dad told him to bugger off and he got angry
"its up to you if you want to clean our windows, but i aint paying you"
they just do it to intimidate.
10 years later he heard the same bloke say (when cleaning nextdoor, to his young aprentice) "Dont bother with next door, hes a tosser"
muwhaha

D

Dr_Weasel

Register your phone number with the Telephone Preference Service . If any bugger then cold calls you, kindly inform them that you are registered with the TPS and that they have comitted an offence in calling you and you will be reporting their company. :D

If enough people complain, they get fined quite large sums of money. :clap:

M

~Mobius~

Originally posted by Sar
Come in his face.

He'll either bolt, or you'll have made a friend for life.

:)

Eww. :(

Seriously though, he is only doing his job. Ask him politely to leave, if he refuses then just throw him out. Its your property.

F

Fex

Now thats handy, I have two seperate phonelines in my house, one for the family and one for me, now all i ever get on my phone line are cold callers, well there probably fucking hot callers as most of the buggers are in India, I think I'll stick my name on that there thingy.

Cheers Dr_Weasel

M

Meatballs

get the biggest knife you can find from the cupboard, pick up an apple, ask them to leave, and then start slicing chunks out of the apple for you to nibble on. Works best if you have a machete.

M

mank!

Originally posted by Fex
Now thats handy, I have two seperate phonelines in my house, one for the family and one for me, now all i ever get on my phone line are cold callers, well there probably fucking hot callers as most of the buggers are in India, I think I'll stick my name on that there thingy.

Cheers Dr_Weasel

Exactly the samr for me, I've not had any since I got the letter from TPS confirming I'd been signed up to it. Seems to work.

E

evilmonkeh

ask for thier name and say that if they ever call back (them or their company) you shall report them to their supiors. or tell the operator to fuck off. (like i did when i tried to do a return call on the number i was dialing from. the twat phoned back about 10 times and because i was only 11 i was really scared because i thought he would call my parents ;)

T

Teh Krypt

Thats what I said to the Dog Warden when I was 11. She tried to take my dog away for fuck sake. Bastard. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom