how to lvl from 40+

M

mrmusic

as ive been away from mid. for some time ive was wondering how i would lvl my new made pac healer fast from 40+ as i never see the malm grps going like in the old time :)

B

BimboBane

Assemble two supp sm's and go df :) /who spiritmasters should give ya a list of those blokes, and if you suggest to them that yer just beeing stun/pombot with /auto s (so they can keep all seals) you will get a grp going quite fast. A pet pulling high level sm with a stunner is quite a team.

//BimboBane

M

mrmusic

well not like ive enjoyed the 2 times ive been in malm with the list and all the waiting but df is that really the only choise ? not very fast as we get owned by albs down there as we dont have it that long when we got it, in alb there is AC in Si dont mids have a simialare place

O

old.moriath

The days of quick lvl 50's in middie are over.. you have to work for it now.. no list set up so you mindlessly join and hit ...

imo its good. Means people might actually know the realm instead of getting pm's asking where yggdra is after they just come out of malmo with no idea how to kill anything but draks

O

old.tuppe

well, malmo atleast was/had role to every person.
now there can be lvl 50 who has xp whole trip to 50 and dont know anything about own class, or how to play it.

where you think all learned leave mezzed mobs in peace? MA and how to use it, healers to react sometimes really hard situations etc etc.

there is tools to find fills to group, agree that.
allmost 100% time i am playing mornings that box is empty or some who dont help my xp at all.

you see alott groups in malmo these days but those are from guilds who are coming from other servers and after gankgroup? atleast i hope so, or guilds who can easily make balanced fg.

my route so far whit hunter, now 46, has been.
~40 i went to spidel, leaved ~44 and went to faraheim and now iarnviduair lair.
probably be there so long ding 50 because midgard is seriously lacking spots what you can solo hours and hours whit good camp and good spawn ratio.

O

old.Ashgen

I had the same ...

I have had this problem.

My skald is 42 and pretty much stood still. My guild have occasional hunts, but as most are level 50 the interest is not great in keeping the XP flowing, or helping us lower level people.

As the game is quite mature, and people are established in guilds, the casual player such as myself does find getting good xp 40+ quite tough in Midgard Prydwen.

I guess the trick is to find a guild which are big enough, and willing enough, to help level 40’s out. I have given up on Prydwen Midgard to be honest, my time on line is limited and therefore it has to be productive and fun in the time I have.

However, guilds seem to be quite small, or the larger ones are not recruiting. Therefore even getting help from guildies is not possible that often.

Constantly being rejected as I am not a high damage dealer, or because I am not the magical level 45+ for DF, has ground down my desire to play the realm. I play Hibernia now mainly and pop on to Midgard from time to see if I am lucky enough to get a group.

I have to say that Hibernia is less populated than Midgard, but people seem a bit more willing to help (most of the time).

I am not a realm bigot and like the different characters of all 3 realms. I would have liked to get my Skald to 50 but I just can’t seeing happening any time soon.

Incidentally, are there any large traditional guilds left in Midgard who play the game it was intended, i.e. some PvE and RvR? Or is it just about RvR as the server, like all the rest, is mature and not attracting much young blood?.

Good luck though, keep at it and I am sure you will get there in the end?

Regards

Ash

F

farathorn_nexus

Yeah Malmo was a good way to get people to group with easy, even if not being in a big guild or knowing alot of people. I can understand that it must feel hard to be new to the realm now that people don´t go Malmo the same as before. It takes a while to get new friends that can help out or that you can hunt with.

Anyway, I hope that you´ll hang in there and get your char/chars to 50. As I see it it´s pretty easy to get to 40 by random groups without knowing too many people. The last few levels 48-50 is fairly easy due to all the xp made from quests. So, that leaves lvl 40-48. My suggestion is to try to post here to put up a group with other people that are 40+ which you can hunt togheter with. There are alot of such people around.

Imo the group doesn´t at all have to be an optimized group to work well. If having a pair of Sup SM:s, all you really need is 2 healers (preferable at least 1 Pac) and a Shammy (or buffbot). Rest of the spots will work pretty good with almost any class.

Hang in there and don´t give up....put alittle work in trying to find them peeps that also are looking for friends to level 40+ along with and you´ll get going soon :)

G

goasucks

Give Iarnwood and Faraheim a try too, huge camp bonus and lots of red to purp mobs.

O

old.Downanael

Iarn was ok from +43,you get bored really fast there thought :)

D

darkseed

Christmas week should give huge exp bonus methinks :)

O

old.tuppe

check malmo if there is groups up.
many have now free time from work/school and malmo is looking very atractive i guess.

i have lvl my hunter from ~43-47.5 in iarnv now, rarely other peeps there, just slowly getting mad killing same mobs time after time. only drops i most time get is throwing daggers/hammers/axes from cadbys, cannot even salvage.

C

chamone

Re: I had the same ...

Originally posted by old.Ashgen

Incidentally, are there any large traditional guilds left in Midgard who play the game it was intended, i.e. some PvE and RvR? Or is it just about RvR as the server, like all the rest, is mature and not attracting much young blood?.
Ash

Yes, try Nemesis

O

old.Bubble

Try the Hunters outside the APK in odins gate...

Users who are viewing this thread