how to get pwned by new year's eve

asarithia

Fledgling Freddie
How come everyone pwn you at new year's eve? at least I got pwned... by santa and the x-mas bunny and everyone else.
<--- hates new year's eve just as much as x-mas

/edit
Oh and happy new year to everyone who hven't celebrated new year's yet

asarithia

Fledgling Freddie
well, nothing I want to discuss further here. well, x-mas is an over-commerciallised (is that a word?) holiday...... and the new year's eve was really bothering... I thought it'd be something fun to celebrate the end of the last year, but I started wondering about this last year we just recently celebrated.. damn, i'm happy the last year is over! Hope this new year won't bring such misery as last year. bah!

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
ok :(

hope this year is a better one for you

asarithia

Fledgling Freddie
I hope so too! bah, why even hope for it to be a better year? We all know that this new year will involve just as much crap as any other year..
But we can all hope for a better (or improved) new year for everyone.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
kinda but i decided this year things WILL be different rather than just as bad as it alays goes!

lets see if i can pull it off.

but yeah i hope it doesnt bring just as much crap for you!

asarithia

Fledgling Freddie
You decided this new year will be different, of cours. I could say that too. but I klnow it'll be the same thing this new year as any other year.
In which way do you know/hope/think it'll be any different? For myself I can't think of anything else than getting very drunk at the closest pub (which happen far too often). :( and hey, that doesn't help anything pover the year. haven't helped so far. maybe quit playing DAoC will help in some way.. But who knows,?

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
well

to quit my job and get one doing what i want to do
move out of london to where i want to live
maybe take yp boxing again

stuff like thay, i want it to be a big year.

asarithia

Fledgling Freddie
k9awya said:
well

to quit my job and get one doing what i want to do
move out of london to where i want to live
maybe take yp boxing again

stuff like thay, i want it to be a big year.

Sounds like great ideas for you. i really hope you manage to pull them all off. Wish you all the best luck in this new year. I still have no idea what i'll be doing. But I still hope I get some joy this new year. Wonder what? a few more new lvl 50 chars? God I hope not! I have no idea what to do this new year, but if it'll be as dull as the last year, then i've got no hope than to roll a new 50 and own some damn mobs. oh, what a fun life i'm living. not.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
just ideas, no idea if stuff will work out, i will try tho.

change can be good so maybe you should think about stiuff you could chnange

asarithia

Fledgling Freddie
k9awya said:
change can be good so maybe you should think about stiuff you could chnange
Things I could change:
1. Stop playing this damn game.
2. Quit drinking.
3. Quit smoking.
4. Change my whole personality

3 won't happen until I find some girl who doesn't smoke herself. 2 will never happen. Same with 4, the world will be a nasty place if I change my personality from good to evil. heheh

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
asarithia said:
Sounds like great ideas for you. i really hope you manage to pull them all off. Wish you all the best luck in this new year. I still have no idea what i'll be doing. But I still hope I get some joy this new year. Wonder what? a few more new lvl 50 chars? God I hope not! I have no idea what to do this new year, but if it'll be as dull as the last year, then i've got no hope than to roll a new 50 and own some damn mobs. oh, what a fun life i'm living. not.
Quit DAoC. Thats the first thing. After that things will become suprisingly easier. Set yourself a few targets too, like K9s.

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
asarithia said:
Things I could change:
1. Stop playing this damn game.
2. Quit drinking.
3. Quit smoking.
4. Change my whole personality

3 won't happen until I find some girl who doesn't smoke herself. 2 will never happen. Same with 4, the world will be a nasty place if I change my personality from good to evil. heheh

1. Agree tbh - I accept that this game deteriorates other parts of my life and Im worryingly happy with this, you obviously arent - so quit.
2. Depends how much you drink really, if its over the top then this is something you certainly need to look at.
3. Same as 2 really.
4. I doubt there is anything wrong with that, main thing is you'll have trouble sharing common interests with other people as so muc of your time is taken up by DAoC and you'll look like a prat if you start discussing why you like your lastest lvl50.

asarithia

Fledgling Freddie
BlitheringIdiot said:
Quit DAoC. Thats the first thing. After that things will become suprisingly easier. Set yourself a few targets too, like K9s.

Quit DAoC seems to be an easy goal. Tried it before, but now I think I might be able to pull it off, as pissed off as I am. About other goals, I have no idea. Seems like i'm stuck in the "depressing living"-swamp. I'm just glad the last year is over and i'm pissed off that it'll be a new year incoming. maybe i'll think of something sometime.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
drinking isnt a prob unless you are alcoholic (not prying..)

smoking.. i dont see what anyone can get outo fthat :/

asarithia

Fledgling Freddie
BlitheringIdiot said:
.4. I doubt there is anything wrong with that, main thing is you'll have trouble sharing common interests with other people as so muc of your time is taken up by DAoC and you'll look like a prat if you start discussing why you like your lastest lvl50.
it's not like I need a new lvl 50. neither in my gaming life or in my real life. and the gaming doesn't come before my real-life friends (which I respect and care about a lot). But the gaming have been in my way in other aspects over the last year and the year before that. Really, this damn game seems to be the big stick in the wheel. Eventho I choose to meet people I know instead of playing this time-stealing rubbish. But quitting playing might solve a few minor problems, but not the huge ones.
k9awya said:
smoking.. i dont see what anyone can get outo fthat :/
I don't see what anyone can get out of that either. I think it might be good to quit smoking aswell. but the sad part is that it calms some people down (including me)... Smoking is like DAoC.. Only a few strong people can live without the crap once they're hooked to it. :)

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
im not strong!

well physically imo i am but like that not always and i can do without daoc and smoking!

asarithia

Fledgling Freddie
k9awya said:
well physically imo i am but like that not always and i can do without daoc and smoking!
I really hope I can stay away from both this damn game and smoking. But I guess I'll have no greater luck in neither. And to round it all off, my b-day is only 1 day away. Great way to celebrate your b-day.. In total unhappiness. yay me.. not.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
xmas new year and a bday.. well

too much imo,its not necesarry tocelebrate any of these :D

going to sleep nn

asarithia

Fledgling Freddie
k9awya said:
xmas new year and a bday.. well

too much imo,its not necesarry tocelebrate any of these :D

going to sleep nn

Not necessary to celebrate any of these, no. But no matter how much you try to hide, there's always someone there to celebrate you. :)
Might as well get all of this rubbish over at the beginning of the year... :)

Adari

Part of the furniture
just have a new personality on irc and boards n ingame

like i do

pretty fun tbh

99% of the stuff i say online i wouldnt dare saying irl ;d im way too shy and sweeeeeet for that

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
lol i agree with adari, better not say that too loudly

asarithia

Fledgling Freddie
<-- still haven't played DAoC since some time last year. Not feeling a great urge to play either. :)
It's different with smoking. I both love and hate the suggestion with illegalizing smoking at pubs here in sweden. I can stay away from smoking when i'm not drinking. So smoke-free restaurants/pubs would help me then, but it would really piss some people off.

At least I might be able to quit playing DAoC.. :)
(DAoC should have a warning-sign like the ones on the cigarette-packages imo :) )

swords

Can't get enough of FH
BITE MY LIP AND CLOSE MY EYES. TAKE ME AWAY TO PARADISE!

New Years is about getting rat arsed and having fun without worries.
Just enjoy!

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
he still plays daoc oc he wont enjoy it.. heck i dont like the whole comercial xmas and tbh if ppl didnt buy me shit i wouldnt buy them stuff but u still got to make the most of it and drink sum erm.... beer or wat ever and puff the magic dragon like it has to be done :twak:

asarithia

Fledgling Freddie
Conchabar said:
he still plays daoc oc he wont enjoy it.. heck i dont like the whole comercial xmas and tbh if ppl didnt buy me shit i wouldnt buy them stuff

I haven't played for a few days, and I have no intention of coming back anytime soon. (hopefully never...)

Our family and all of our other relatives decided to not give away any x-mas presents. we've had it like this for a few years, and I don't miss gifts really. got some cash and some chocolate, but that's more or less it. For me it feels weird to be giving away pressies etc to relatives when you see homeless people almost every day you go someplace.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
cancel the act it'll be well easy to quit then

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
woot

that makes two of us

i wish i could get addicted to some game though but they are all shit :(

asarithia

Fledgling Freddie
it's best to not get too attached to any other games either. we've all (at least I have) been stuck in the DAoC-gaming-hell for too long. I hope I won't find any new games for quite a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom