How to get a RvR grp for us normal ppl

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
there is a few options!!!

1.Get rr5 solo and a suberduperuber temp and have atleast 2k+ kills under your belt and u might get a semi good grp!

2.Add a few more kills and skillz and u get a better grp

3.Reroll to mid and make a WL and u wont need grp

albs need to start inviting random ppl 2...i have been running my wiz 2 days soon and lfg...not 1 grp invite in 2 days...he is done with temp rr4l6 and almost 1k kills...guess its just /delete and roll a WL and i dont have to worry about grp

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Well it can be hard to get groups when nobody knows you, and if you don't have the class they're looking for.

Sometimes the only way is to make your own group, that can be frustrating but it's worth trying!

Remember most people invite friends or people they think will do a particular job well when making groups.

CuddleBunny!

Banned
Teeheee! I got a random grpinvite to a decent rvrgrp on my sorc today when I was chillin' in volcanus :eek:
I seem to be lucky :(
Or cause I soloed my sorc to RR5 and got ubahleet etamz und ze ML9!

CuddleBunny!

Banned
pip said:
Bah hate grps they need 100% not got time to poo :(
You filthy little warcock! we killed you atleast 2 times today xD your skald friend saved your ass with speed last time.. was about to cast lifetap on you when you was running with 20% hits, and speed kicked in and I got out of range :'(

Bistrup666

Loyal Freddie
Dwali said:

1.Get rr5 solo and a suberduperuber temp and have atleast 2k+ kills under your belt and u might get a semi good grp!

albs need to start inviting random ppl 2...i have been running my wiz 2 days soon and lfg...not 1 grp invite in 2 days...he is done with temp rr4l6 and almost 1k kills...guess its just /delete and roll a WL and i dont have to worry about grp

Same problem in every realm methinks.

My rm seldom get's grp even tho she is rr9.

Prolly cause she sux and is darkcarver :eek6:

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Heh, well, my supp rm got an invite to a group a little over a week ago, and it went so nice, that I got invite the day after too, and well, got more invites the next week, so that resulted in me going from like r4L4 to r5L3 in just over a week, which is well over 300k rp's. All groups were with same healer that made the group mind you, and mostly the same people playing. What can I say, miracles do happen. The only thing that my rm had going for it was the elder title which means that I'm not a TOTAL noob anyway:-P Anyways, enjoying my place in the sun for the time being:)
If I was alb, I would definately group a fire wizzie, I think they got some undiscovered potential:)

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
To be honest it can be a pain in the ass getting into a group. But getting people set up on vent can be a royal pain in the ass.

So when you shout out, SM lfg Sorc lfg ... don't forget to say "SM lfg With Vent 2.1.1" - At least that way people know you are at least that prepared (and have a mic - PLantronics - Audiophone 90 £16.99).

Ailyn

Loyal Freddie
Leel said:
I would definately group a fire wizzie, I think they got some undiscovered potential:)

Its casttime on VP now .. so they dont work as instant GRP-purge for enemy realm anymore, like in the Zoyster days! :)

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Leel said:
Heh, well, my supp rm got an invite to a group a little over a week ago, and it went so nice, that I got invite the day after too, and well, got more invites the next week, so that resulted in me going from like r4L4 to r5L3 in just over a week, which is well over 300k rp's. All groups were with same healer that made the group mind you, and mostly the same people playing. What can I say, miracles do happen. The only thing that my rm had going for it was the elder title which means that I'm not a TOTAL noob anyway:-P Anyways, enjoying my place in the sun for the time being:)
If I was alb, I would definately group a fire wizzie, I think they got some undiscovered potential:)
Can i touch your shoes?:p

Anyway, wizards is often excluded to opted setups unless they are really high rr´s. Least thats what ive experienced.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
The right class helps, proper tempate etc., but tbh, like irl, the thing that'll make more difference than anything to help you 'get on' is proper networking - pm'ing peeps that regularly run RvR grps for a spot, putting grps together urself, and sticking at it despite getting ignored initially. Eventually you'll have a regular gang to run with.

Not that I could ever be arsed with this stuff, but I think it's what u need to do!

As has been mentioned vent is v often a prerequisit for getting even PuGs nowadays. Make sure you have it set-up, if peeps get to know you have it they'll often pick you above someone who hasn't.

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
Galaha said:
givf group to arms!!!!!

sry u r too

rox_title.jpg

for groups ^^

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
Dwali said:

0743235177-books-resized200.jpg

Read that book i did and it rox :p get a buffbot and dont #care

Messiah

Fledgling Freddie
Well i run pick up groups all the time and rr varie, but as long as u got some arts and not in rog i inv ppl and rp pl them :p there are a few conditions u have to be used to, like me swearing alot or calling ppl crap and telling them how 2 play there class all nite. Seems to work for me but can be annoying when i get a ton of pm's a day from ppl lfg.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
theres a reason why u cant get grps whit WIZ.... it doesnt have good grp util. but rolling a WL instad makes u look like a newb :D

stick whit it or roll some other alb caster.... or mybe eny other grp FRIENDLY char

Chronictank

FH is my second home
make friends with 3 people who have the following classes
Pac healer, Aug Healer, Shaman
Then build your grp around that from svas/vind/bled/crim (wherever insta port is)
tada pug :)

Pohjan Poika

Fledgling Freddie
fist off, pip:

Post on fh in the right section and ask
- maybe there was some sarcasm in that or something. anyways imo this is rvr related compare to all the FAO/grats/whine crap you see all day. this is acctually a thread that you can discuss something in and not just post spam for rep/post count.

and now to the real thing.

always hard for people to get groups since there are the elite players then the regular and ofc casual.
elite ppl think everyone but themselves suck (dah!), so they wont pick up anyone if no one can tell them he/she is a good player (which means you have to get a random grp with alot of high rr elite players so they know you from somewhere). and even tho they know your skill it might be hard since rvr guilds with elite ppl always try and go for the fotm setups which is fine if you want to survive, but leaves no room for other classes like valks (mid).
regular players they are more open to others in the way that they might just invite random, altho most often those players know afew elite players so they want to be elite and say no etc. but usually you can get a grp if you have a grp friendly char :) (afaik) mostly they tend to go with friends and guildies when they rvr, just to get them into it and maybe to get the guild som rps and bps.
casual people are the ones that propably play the least amount of rvr since they can spend the time that it takes to make a grp (often) to pve or solo somewhere.

if you want a grp just start one and inv people you see. if they wont give it a try then its their lose.
all realm should start a location where you can go lfg like in the old days in hw odins emain. but now with more or less insta rvr at outer port keeps most run out the maybe kill/leech/die instead of maybe waiting some for a grp.
as chronic said.

Make friends, thats the key to success atm. Get to know afew people you cna duo/trio with and then expand with time.

ps.
you can always start a 2-3fg zerg without the leeching stealther classes

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
getting invited to good groups regularly is all about getting the chance. first of all the look.

-a good template is pretty essential but make sure you LOOK as though u are toa'd. i.e if u are a caster gov/scalars/cs/tarts/cw. no nailahs or zahur crown or any other stupid arts that show that your template isnt opted.
-dyes. get yourself some leet colours.

then once you look the part u want to sort out your realm rank. try soloing/duoing etc to rr5 first, get yourself a leet title like master soldier, bane of xx or the deathblow one. no roleplaying titles like frontier challenger etc.
eventually once you rvr a bit and get killspam etc, dont add on other groups fights either, randoms add on fights mindlessly, if u see a 8v8 going on, just walk past.

once you have established yourself a reputation and eventually u will get an invite into a good group (obviously provided u are a grpable class) which is your chance. play well, and then u have your foot in the door. if the members of the grp think u play very well, then u will get invites all the time.

dont expect to come freshly out of avalon city and to get decent grps, you need to be as decent as the players u are with. its a lot of hard work (especially trying to earn rp in irvr >_>) but in the end its worth it imo

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Dwali said:
i have been running my wiz 2 days soon and lfg...not 1 grp invite in 2 days...
Oh noes! 2 whole days? I'm so sad for you, I really am!

You should have tried playing a RM when SI/Savages came out. Then after 2 weeks without a grp you might have something to whine about.

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
i have a wiz a bg pally a ml10 buffbot a rejuv cleric a mincer can get axezz to a spirit/body cabby etc...all is tepmted with most of the artis...think wiz has 3 staffs now i switch btw

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
well then, i'm sure theres many people like you wanting a group. Just start one yourself.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Hell, I don't get invited to pugs that much ;d I got the majority of the rps on my sorc by duo'ing, as I got fed up with soloing after getting zerged fuck knows how many times, and duo'ing usually makes better rps than joining some pug :p
When needing a rep in my set group, we usually look for someone we played with before (and who did a good job, obviously), and if there's no such person about we might take someone unknown based on their realm rank, or after having heard good things about the player. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't get any groups when unknown and/or low realm rank, as one bad player could ruin a group :x

Littles

Loyal Freddie
Straef said:
Hell, I don't get invited to pugs that much ;d I got the majority of the rps on my sorc by duo'ing, as I got fed up with soloing after getting zerged fuck knows how many times, and duo'ing usually makes better rps than joining some pug :p
When needing a rep in my set group, we usually look for someone we played with before (and who did a good job, obviously), and if there's no such person about we might take someone unknown based on their realm rank, or after having heard good things about the player. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't get any groups when unknown and/or low realm rank, as one bad player could ruin a group :x

Like Thowen? :)

Gamah

Banned
I dont have any problems getting groups and I suck :( Hibernia is the best realm for pugs.

Lorfo

Loyal Freddie
get some friends, make group with them! play alot -> more skill -> more groups -> more skill keke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom