How to do Eternal Plant

Moneo

Fledgling Freddie
Hi there,

since I have never done this enc till now and maybe want to stuff it into a new healer temp, pls tell me what i have to do and what toons i need to complete this enc...

Thanx in advance,

Moneo

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
I presume you know how to regocnize if its up or not, I'll just give tips how to actually do it :p

Once Sobekhotep is popped, 1 guy should disband and pull him while others wait faaaaaaaar away, this pops a lot of adds (not actually sure if it pops any extra adds that are already in the forest) after that, you just clear all the sobekite fanacits/searchers etc etc in the kelp forest, DO NOT touch Sobekhotep or his bodyguards, kill every other sobekite in the forest, once they are dead you can easily handle the encounter with any balanced group, we just did it with a mix of clerics/casters all around 46-48 :)

Perhaps you can just clear the adds without anyone touching Sobek, and then pulling him, I'm not sure if one guy suiciding on him is necessary, thats how we did it last time.

If you have an uber-pvegrp like pbaoe, aestun, maintank+blocker then its easy just pulling Sobek and getting all the adds at the same time.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
You get credit when you kill Sobekhotep, so you can just nuke him down at range, then die from the adds. He's only orange, it's the 30 odd yellow adds that kill.

Darzil

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Any pattern to the plant being up? Camped it on and off for ages and never saw it once.

Decided now to wait for patch, but ive got some gametime next week so will take a casual look again,

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
there's the bullshit story about killing sobekite armsmaster in ml2 dungeon, personally i think its utter bs :D random quite rare pop however most of the stories of "camped 10 days, no pop" is due to ppl not knowing when its actually up.

it can be up in 2 different forms, first one is that the eternal plant is on the ground, a green quite regular plant in the kelp forest, sometimes hard to spot, the area is LARGE where it can pop, around and inside the forest so if you wanna be sure it takes like 20 mins to roam the whole area with ghetto pots and no speed

if you see the plant then just pull a blue con sobekite seeker to the plant, with nearsight/whatever and it summons sobekite harvesters to the plant, and Sobekhotep will spawn, will take a couple mins.

second form of it being up is that a sobekite seeker has just randomly moved over the plant and has spawned sobekhotep on its own without anyone actually being there, hes the mob you gotta kill and he has 10ish bodyguards, very easy to spot but he roams a large area.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I found it up by spotting some sobekites swimming off at high speed. I wondered where they were going, so followed, and found the plant was what they were swimming to.

Darzil

Moneo

Fledgling Freddie
Thank you all for the quick answers! :worthy:

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
The way we normally do it on alb is just pull the boss then have a sorc spam mezz on all the adds.

If you've got a few chars with DPS then you can have him dead before the yellows wake up and kill you.. You do need your mezzer to be on the ball tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom