how to change keep style ....

Traxxx

Fledgling Freddie
anyone can tell me this ? as any keep i have claimed is melee keeps is there a way to change it to mage / stealth ? im sure i have seen somthing about it somwhere but bugger i cant find it

when selecting the lord u get a message in the combar window < you try to change upgrade/type/claim or somthing like that . /gc claim/upgrade works but nothing at /gc type

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
If your talking about the type of guards you get in a keep, like, Mage / Archer / Tank / Cleric < healer> / Assasin lookout guards then to get them you simply shift and right click on the keep. Any where doesnt matter, then click on a hookpoint on a wall generally, a list will drop down letting you purchase several different types of guards etc.

After you have bought the guards you can customise how they react. The mages to do different type attacks like dots / nukes etc and how the healers heal, such as lots of small heals or large lump heals etc.

If that helped at all, rep point please :D.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Not sure but i think each keep has an assigned overal role that you cant change, i.e. melee, magic, stealth. At least i havent figured out how to do it :)

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
When you claim a guild you'll get a choice of making it melee, magic or stealth. Afaik you can't change that once it's set unless the keep is taken (where it reverts back to a lvl 1 melee keep). Well something like that anyway, but you definately select what type you want when you claim the keep.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
If you select lets say a "caster" type keep what changes then from the normal melee type keep?
Are the NPC casters stronger then? Or are the guards that spawn at the floor level Casters then instead of Melee?
Same goes for a "stealth" keep, does it really matter much if you change it's type is what I am wondering..

Traxxx

Fledgling Freddie
[GOA]Erivoss said:
When you claim a guild you'll get a choice of making it melee, magic or stealth. Afaik you can't change that once it's set unless the keep is taken (where it reverts back to a lvl 1 melee keep). Well something like that anyway, but you definately select what type you want when you claim the keep.

thats what i mean.

not the buyable npc.

i normaly claim with /gc claim do i need to claim in another way ?? tryed /gc claim stealth but that was no good

[GOA]Erivoss

Traxxx said:
thats what i mean.

not the buyable npc.

i normaly claim with /gc claim do i need to claim in another way ?? tryed /gc claim stealth but that was no good

well when a keep isn't claimed just go and right click on the lord and say yes to claim the keep. If you've met all the appropriate requirements (can't remember how many peeps you need from your guild in the grp etc) then you'll claim and then a window appears where you can set the target level of the keep. The first time this window appears you can also select the kind of keep you want.

Traxxx

Fledgling Freddie
thanks alot thats what i have done wrong it seems cheers ill check that next time

Afran

Part of the furniture
[GOA]Erivoss said:
(can't remember how many peeps you need from your guild in the grp etc)

One guild member, 3 misc :)

Ash'

Fledgling Freddie
[GOA]Erivoss said:
well when a keep isn't claimed just go and right click on the lord and say yes to claim the keep. If you've met all the appropriate requirements (can't remember how many peeps you need from your guild in the grp etc) then you'll claim and then a window appears where you can set the target level of the keep. The first time this window appears you can also select the kind of keep you want.

this work on towers as well?? cos ive never been able to select a different type when i 1st claim from the mini menu.... or do u have to use a console command?

[GOA]Erivoss

Ash' said:
this work on towers as well?? cos ive never been able to select a different type when i 1st claim from the mini menu.... or do u have to use a console command?

no afaik you can't change the type of tower.

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
If you select lets say a "caster" type keep what changes then from the normal melee type keep?
Are the NPC casters stronger then? Or are the guards that spawn at the floor level Casters then instead of Melee?
Same goes for a "stealth" keep, does it really matter much if you change it's type is what I am wondering..
I would have thought it would 'select' the default npc's for the keep based on this selection .. ie the guards that you dont buy. I know some level10 keeps have alot of stealther guards in, some have none etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom