How to change default.ini

Lorfo

Loyal Freddie
Every time I play a new character I'm forced to spend like 5 minutes to move around chatwindow petwindow etc etc.
I made a new characters named xx and the cfg file was named xx.ini. I copied it to a different folder and renamed it to default1024 (I run 1024). I copywrited but every time the daoc updater overwrites the old files.
I know that I can just make a .infi file every time I play a new character and copy+paste from somewhere. But I'd like to know if there's any way to _not_ download the new defaultxxx every time I start daoc. I dont like being forced to use _their_ default settings

Falukropp

Fledgling Freddie
If youre not playing from an administrator account, you could try to log onto yhe admin acc, change the ownership of your default ini files to administrator, disallow other users to change their attributes and then just write protect them. Might work.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
set up one toons windows, exit game, make 2nd toon, log out, in your daoc folder, find firsttoon<server number>.ini and make a copy of it, rename it secondtoon<server number>.ini and log in.

eg:

whoodoo-33.ini > make copy > create new toon > rename copy to newtoon-33.ini

the server numbers (I think are)

33 = Mid excal
177 = Alb Pryd
170 = hib pryd

Youll know when you check your .ini files what server is what.

Hope this helps.

Lorfo

Loyal Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
set up one toons windows, exit game, make 2nd toon, log out, in your daoc folder, find firsttoon<server number>.ini and make a copy of it, rename it secondtoon<server number>.ini and log in.

eg:

whoodoo-33.ini > make copy > create new toon > rename copy to newtoon-33.ini

the server numbers (I think are)

33 = Mid excal
177 = Alb Pryd
170 = hib pryd

Youll know when you check your .ini files what server is what.

Hope this helps.
Yes I'm aware of this , I just want to know if the game is designed so you have to USE their defaults not your own. Can also make a .bat file with "login.dll" in it (if it's not against COC)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom