How to Burn a DVD?!

Laddey

FH is my second home
Lo, nero wont let me burn a film :(

Any ideas? Ive tried using windows thingy and that doesnt work.

Ive got a DVD on my HD and all i wanna do is stick it on a dvd so i can watch it on the dvd player. Any reccomendations? Thanks all.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
How to Burn a DVD?!

Use a DVD Rewriter!!!

(Sorry I couldnt resist :D)

No idea as to your problem, only suggestion I'd say is to try another burning program, such as alcohol 120% or whatever its called.

Edit: just noticed this note on the alcohol site "*Due to the present legal restrictions DVD titles protected with CSS protection can not be backed up. " - not sure if this is the problem you're having, so alcohol might not help :(

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
since you didn't tell any details to "why" Nero won't let you burn a DVD, did you select "DVD" as target media ?
If you go by this "SmartExpressWTFdumbtool" ... skip it and go for Nero -> Data -> Nero Burning ROM

in the upper left corner should be the target media selection, CD or DVD.

if that doesn't help, some fuel and a match or two will burn any DVD, even if you put a HDD or Tape on top of it! <cough> :flame:

Laddey

FH is my second home
since you didn't tell any details to "why" Nero won't let you burn a DVD, did you select "DVD" as target media ?
If you go by this "SmartExpressWTFdumbtool" ... skip it and go for Nero -> Data -> Nero Burning ROM

in the upper left corner should be the target media selection, CD or DVD.

if that doesn't help, some fuel and a match or two will burn any DVD, even if you put a HDD or Tape on top of it! <cough> :flame:

Thanks, i'm using Windows DVD Maker atm. Taking its sweet time.

Also, i keep getting an error message saying Windows Explorer has stopped responding. I'm using vista, bloody joke :(

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Windows Vista is the biggest joke since Moses whipped out his cock and hid it amongst the vegetables on a market stall pretending to be a runner bean.

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Windows only writes CDs not DVDs.

What format is this file in at the moment. If its a AVI then you could just use Nero and write a Data DVD with it. Most DVD players should be able to play the AVI file provided it is in a common codec, mine is a cheapo make and it plays just about anything.

If the file is < 700mb just write it to a CD.

Laddey

FH is my second home
Vista is a bag of wank. COM Surrogate keeps breaking down. I googled it and it gave me some fixes but it's still shagged.

I'm trying to use Windows DVD Maker and that breaks down at 0.5% ...

Tried nero and it wouldn't run on my DVD Player, it's .avi aswell.

Yes! I have a dvd burner. It's a brand spanking new laptop cost me 500 quid. It's only a bloody film for my girl friend. Yes! It's legal.

Think i'm going to invest that whole bloody £1 in that DVD Thingy that you posted. Thanks ;)

Vista is a pile of japs eyes. It's genuine though so i'm not going to ruin it by putting my dodgy version of XP over the top :(

soze

I am a FH squatter
Vista is a bag of wank. COM Surrogate keeps breaking down. I googled it and it gave me some fixes but it's still shagged.

I'm trying to use Windows DVD Maker and that breaks down at 0.5% ...

Tried nero and it wouldn't run on my DVD Player, it's .avi aswell.

Yes! I have a dvd burner. It's a brand spanking new laptop cost me 500 quid. It's only a bloody film for my girl friend. Yes! It's legal.

Think i'm going to invest that whole bloody £1 in that DVD Thingy that you posted. Thanks ;)

Vista is a pile of japs eyes. It's genuine though so i'm not going to ruin it by putting my dodgy version of XP over the top :(

The COM Surrogate is not vista it is Nero. It tries to display a preview of the files either chage your view to list or download the latest trial of Nero and use your key i had to do this on my vista machine. Could also be why vista is not seeing your DVD drive

And if you really hate vista you can legally downgrade to xp you just have to provide your own media.

Laddey

FH is my second home
The COM Surrogate is not vista it is Nero. It tries to display a preview of the files either chage your view to list or download the latest trial of Nero and use your key i had to do this on my vista machine. Could also be why vista is not seeing your DVD drive

And if you really hate vista you can legally downgrade to xp you just have to provide your own media.

Cool, then if i decide to go back to Vista in the far, far, fucking far future. I can use my restoration CD to get back to vista!

Any idea where the downgrade site is?

soze

I am a FH squatter
Cool, then if i decide to go back to Vista in the far, far, fucking far future. I can use my restoration CD to get back to vista!

Any idea where the downgrade site is?

Dont have a site and can't find the email i had but how i remember it is you install XP using your own media. Has to be the correct version Business is xp pro Home is Home Ultimate is Media Center. You then enter the vista key into xp call the number tell them you are downgrading and they will give you a xp code to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom