How the fuck you figured Off-Topic?

H

hubu

So I click around un-aware of what "OT" stands for, without finding any conclusion I decide to watch this movie "The Plan" which I had no idea that it was the work of the devil, um OT.

So I put this the movie on, alot of big words and editing, then it hits me: Are they playing 2x6? And ontop of that, TANKGROUPS?

I'm sure there's something behind 2x6 groups that makes it understandable but I don't want to figure it out. Anyhow, let me break down, built on my BG experiences, what works and doesn't work.
Everything is dealing alot while staying alive.
One way of staying alive is to kill the enemy before he kills you, to do this you actually need to deal damage. Ok so you choose to play a Tank Group, sure some tanks deal good damage but it's still melee. When you've found that target that has been nuking you and you run towards him you have to think of this:
Right now, because you are so fucking stupid you actually made a tank group, several casters/archers are discussing who will spam /point /laugh and who actually need to nuke you.

What Tanks do in BG is switch decent damage for 200 or so more HP. This really wont work.

What I ment to say is, I saw your movie, the movie makes me want to switch realms to be the one to /point /laugh spam you and it also makes me want to hang myself.

This is the WORST, PIECE, OF, CRAP, I'VE, EVER, SEEN.

You may now start the flaming.

(Yes I'm aware that you had 2 or 3 elds.)

N

-Nuked-

yes lets all run in 2 full caster groups, or maybe we should just stealth zerg! :rolleyes:

L

Lorath

Muffmania! oO

Amilda says hello and nice mezzing :p

C

Coim-

Originally posted by hubu
So I click around un-aware of what "OT" stands for, without finding any conclusion I decide to watch this movie "The Plan" which I had no idea that it was the work of the devil, um OT.

So I put this the movie on, alot of big words and editing, then it hits me: Are they playing 2x6? And ontop of that, TANKGROUPS?

I'm sure there's something behind 2x6 groups that makes it understandable but I don't want to figure it out. Anyhow, let me break down, built on my BG experiences, what works and doesn't work.
One way of staying alive is to kill the enemy before he kills you, to do this you actually need to deal damage. Ok so you choose to play a Tank Group, sure some tanks deal good damage but it's still melee. When you've found that target that has been nuking you and you run towards him you have to think of this:
Right now, because you are so fucking stupid you actually made a tank group, several casters/archers are discussing who will spam /point /laugh and who actually need to nuke you.

What Tanks do in BG is switch decent damage for 200 or so more HP. This really wont work.

What I ment to say is, I saw your movie, the movie makes me want to switch realms to be the one to /point /laugh spam you and it also makes me want to hang myself.

Lolololol. Maybe we didn't want to be a fotm BG1 caster group. Maybe we wanted a challenge.

C

Coim-

Oh, and we were running 6 in one group, 5 in the other. It was going to be 2fg's running round seperately, but some people didn't turn up.

S

Shanaia

omg omg ... I keep getting surprised by people that think wtfpwning is the only thing that counts in DAOC (or in life for that matter)

Ever stopped to think maybe people play this game to ... ehh .. I don't know ... have fun with their friends, meet new people and relax a bit ... in stead of fotm'ing and pwning in every facet of the game?

You might not believe me but it doesn't actually require a fully tinkered mp set and 8 million realmpoints for a person to have fun.

But I'm afraid the mindset of most of those players are so intend on "what can I do to be the best" that they'll just say "I wtfpwn everybody and with that I have more fun then you... so I wtfpwn you left right and center" <sighs>

C

Coim-

Originally posted by hubu

Did I mention, your grammar makes me sad. :(

B

BlitheringIdiot

Originally posted by Shanaia
omg omg ... I keep getting surprised by people that think wtfpwning is the only thing that counts in DAOC (or in life for that matter)

Ever stopped to think maybe people play this game to ... ehh .. I don't know ... have fun with their friends, meet new people and relax a bit ... in stead of fotm'ing and pwning in every facet of the game?

You might not believe me but it doesn't actually require a fully tinkered mp set and 8 million realmpoints for a person to have fun.

But I'm afraid the mindset of most of those players are so intend on "what can I do to be the best" that they'll just say "I wtfpwn everybody and with that I have more fun then you... so I wtfpwn you left right and center" <sighs>

Glad to see intelligence can still survive in DAoC. I was going to make a post myself to tell hubu how he is an idiot but you've put exactly what I would have said, and probably a lot better. :)

B

BlitheringIdiot

Also if you watched the movie, show me one point at which the tanks are running at casters/archers who are nuking them. See we have these things called bards right, who like mezz and stuff...

In actual RvR tank set ups are the best way to compete and only a select few very skilled (and high rr) players can run caster groups. We happen to enjoy playing classes that dont get one-shotted by the 700 infs at mb and so stole the common tank set up.

D

Drakin

errr see yer point skar about fotm groups hence the champ ;)

tanks are fotm though even in bg u have access to det 2 which on already short duration mezzes is great :)

bring more caster groups to real rvr imo /cheer ;)

H

hubu

I guess I owe you an apology.

When servers went down I spent most of the day in Caledonia on Gorre server which was zerged to bits, I'm sure we had about 500 people there as most or something of that kind.

Anyhow, I got a few kills, mostly got zerged and for once I didn't get mad about it.

Maybe I found out it can be fun without death holding your hand, and it was a LONG time since I figured DAoC funny at all.

So, My apologies, do whatever you like as long as you have fun.

A

adari

Haha, tanks useless in bg1? You're fuckign insane, we have killed groups twice our number with ease, just because of the fact they had casters, who died like, in like, like, like 2 seconds with like, 4 bm's assisting.

Thanks you very much, noob boy.

A

adari

Oh and you can fuck off btw, too late to apologize now, you've already made yourself look like a complete retard, why dont you go and make a caster group, and fight 1fg of us, and we will see who wins.

S

saltymcpepper

the only reason albs and mids use casters in bg1 is cos you spend most of your time at mtk/ck afraid to come down, nuking from safety of the guards

Users who are viewing this thread