How would you make BG better?

G

Gunnr_hunter

Chatting with mates. What do you think.

1. Put an NPC aggro monster close to the PKs to stop camping. Or move the current npc mobs closer. Maybe have an equivalent of Dragon Time.

2. Put some more objectives in the arena. At the moment CK can be too difficult and off-puttingfor smaller groups. Maybe have some mini relics dotted about. That'd spice it up. Keep people moving.

3. Reset CK every day. Or maybe reset it when a realm has held it for so long. Make the xp bonus more worth while for the CK capture quest. At the moment you can get the same xp in 30mins in a good DF group. Maybe a bit too radical, but maybe you could level to 28 if you completed 3 CK captures. Would make BG2 & 3 popular too.

4. Have permanent Catapults at the PKs. I know someone had this idea on another thread. I like it. It would make noobs realise how much fun they are and take up tradeskills.

5. Have a little arena where 3 realms can converse and duel, but not combatents are unable to be killed.

6. Have a permanent CG. I know they tried it but not very well IMO.

I know all of these ideas could be flawed but I just want to gauge the scope of peoples needs and ideas, and not their ability to flame, troll or be l33t.

O

old.job

Good ideas, the only problem with the permanent CG is that it might produce an ORGANISED Alb zerg, and that would be bad.

I would like to see the rivers reduced in width as well, too many people get caught in the water.

Here's a radical idea, cap the dmg for character types.

i.e. if it fills up with stealthers, then their dmg gets capped, it happens too often now with the level command.

Ever seen the stealther congo, a caster gets Pa'd, the stealther then gets hit, then another stealther hits him and so on, I've see a train of six kills at MB.
It would put pressure on players to pick a char (cos everyones got loads) that was in short supply.

G

Gunnr_hunter

Hehe .. I think those stealther trains must take ages to set up ..lol ... you can't nerf them :)

Capping may be a way to control FOTM classes tho. Maybe on the other hand you could enhance non-FOTM toons. Or remove certain skills for BG. I like the idea but I think it would be a bitch to implement.

Bindstone in PK would be nice too.... Just saves on the wait every 10 minutes :)

O

old.logun

i think a limit to how many stealth classes per realm would make the stealther problem better

remove the the rivers/bridges and just a mg type wall where the water was that circled the keep and players could defend the outer area of the keep from here making more use of siege weapons , i.e for offense as well as defense.

and an idea for breaching this outer wall would be maybe to knock down a single door where each bridge was to get through to the ck area.so there could be 3 places from which the enemy could attack the outer wall from making it a little harder for defense.

D

Drakin

Size IS important.

its far to small... imo this promotes campin because.. well basically take 2 steps and u are anywhere else in thid. pick a camp spot .. wait for some death spam.... take 2 steos there kill enemy ... 2 steps takes u back where u started.

exageratted ofc but right. size would make a massive diffo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom