How tested are these dungons? bug abuse?

stoptryingtohitme

Fledgling Freddie
Does any 1 know how tested these dungons are? should i expect tpo start seeing lvl 20's being lvl 50 after 20 hours of PL in a bug in one of these personal instanced dungons? is there gunna be any sort of over seeing or have they been througherly tested?

any 1 know?

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
I was under the impression that monsters did not respawn in a personal instance so you could not really 'camp' or power level inside only one instance.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
stoptryingtohitme said:
Does any 1 know how tested these dungons are? should i expect tpo start seeing lvl 20's being lvl 50 after 20 hours of PL in a bug in one of these personal instanced dungons? is there gunna be any sort of over seeing or have they been througherly tested?

any 1 know?
Cant say ive heard of any bug abuse in these dungeons, enlighten us to any you have heard or seen..

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I would say personal dungeons are a hotspot for people trying to abuse some buggers there might be.

Firstly, observing possible bug abuse over all the personal dungeons is near impossible. Hell, observing the gameservers as it is, is a stretch and relies a lot n the activity of player reports.

Second, every new feature added, be it a bow for hibernians or a clothdye for albion(not saying that midgard is bug free ofcourse), adds a possibility for bug abuse. It's like this:

You have a ton of things.
You add one thing.
The one thing would have to be tested with the thousand things for possible bug abuse.
Resources for that arn't there.

So in short, it can't be 100% tested that the dungeons arn't bug/bugabuse free.

But as always, i bet the policy on bug abuse stayes as it is and if any surface and are abused to a huge amount, or a small amount, bans/suspensions will be given to those deserving it.

That's just my opinion.

stoptryingtohitme

Fledgling Freddie
so it'll really rely on people testing these dungons and if they find any bugs to report them?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
stoptryingtohitme said:
so it'll really rely on people testing these dungons and if they find any bugs to report them?

That's how it's worked before. Atleast that's how i see it.

Ofcourse testing is done to some degree, and certainly the odds for a buggy dungeon is less then on a bugfree one.

I believe that goa/mythic have -some- systems to see if somebody spikes to level 50 suddenly, so no -major- cheats pass the preverbial radar.

I guess we have to trust that the gaming community is, atleast mostly, honest. Which sounds funny, i know :p

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
Instances have a finite number of monsters, once they are killed they do not respawn unless you leave the instance and reenter (unless it's a tasked instance and then if you leave you fail the task). The monsters are spread throughout the dungeons and have a fairly small aggro radius. Because of this there is no way to sit in a texture bug and pull the whole dungeon continually as the dungeon is only populated once.

stoptryingtohitme

Fledgling Freddie
Gratz GOA, nice idear... howeva how many mobs are there? is it so many that you can get a cirten amount of XP, 5 bubs? 1 level? before you have to go out and re-enter?

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
The number of mobs depends on the dungeon itself and don't thank Goa, Mythic designed the system.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
as for testing all the dungeons were tested during the US beta and have been in live use for a few months now with no sign of widespread bug abuse like you suggest.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Like Flim said, they're been live since november in the US, that alone is quite sufficient 'testing' to my mind ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom