Rant how stupid do they think we are??

Ezteq

Queen of OT
what the flurping schmurp...

I mean ok if you live in the UK you must have seen the advert, and like myself you probably had the brain on enerfy save mode while the ads are on but one day i actually listened to what they were saying

Bold 2in1

what the fuck does a diamond smell like?? i mean i got 5 of the suckers on my engagement ring and they dont smell of anything, also tried it with rubies and sapphires...again no scent. so Bold, just what the hell are you selling? something that smells like something that doesnt smell like anything?!??

is it just me or is this possibly the most asinine thing (aside from various tv reality shows and social networking sites, celebs, celeb magazines and people who make/read/watch them) in the world??

aargh!!!

/dispair

:twak:

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Ha, dont get me started on stupid advertising slogans

One that has annoyed the f**k out of me for years is 'New and Improved'....WTF. How can something be new and improved.

If its 'new' then it hasn't exsisted b4, therefore it cant be improved upon, and if its been 'improved' then it was an exsisting product that has been tweeked a bit to make it better, SO ITS NOT NEW IS IT!!!!!!!!!

AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH

Bunch of arse :( :( :(

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Its the very annoying ones that you remember. Its all about subconscious product placement. And have you ever noticed that the adverts are at a louder volume than the programme ?

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Its the very annoying ones that you remember. Its all about subconscious product placement. And have you ever noticed that the adverts are at a louder volume than the programme ?

Oh yes. Swear to god, its bad enough you can't hear the goddamn program sometimes, but that you get deafened by the damn adverts every 15 mins. Its why I like the BBC, no adverts (although they DO need more programming I'd watch). Course, now they decide that loud adverts are not enough, now they have annoying adverts for programs to piss you off further.

Anyone seen the Ghost Whisperer adverts for Living TV? The music is fucking god aweful, worse then Celine Dion.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ha, dont get me started on stupid advertising slogans

One that has annoyed the f**k out of me for years is 'New and Improved'....WTF. How can something be new and improved.

You: "Hey, we really should get back together."
Ex: "And why's that?"
You: "I'm new and improved!"

Anyone seen the Ghost Whisperer adverts for Living TV? The music is fucking god aweful, worse then ****** ****.

Hey, no need for that kind of language. Tempted to report you :eek:

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Its true though! Its some god awful electro pop ballad thats been played through a steel colon. Worse still, the only two things about that show aren't even shown in the advert (her tits).

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Its true though! Its some god awful electro pop ballad thats been played through a steel colon. Worse still, the only two things about that show aren't even shown in the advert (her tits).

Luckily they always only show the top half and don't destroy our eyesight with her Titanic sized arse.

On topic, Carlsburg, probably the best larger in the world!

Same lame line for 20 years! Says nothing.

My turds after a 5 day visit to Mumbai, probably the best curry in the world!

Ezteq

Queen of OT
lol Hawk thats minging!

my point about this particular advery though isn't so much that its irritating...its just well, its a lie isnt it, i mean rocks (aside from sulphur and certain chalks) generally do not smell, so saying their laundry detergent has the fragrance (sp?) of diamonds or sapphires or whatever the fuck they're on about is actually a complete bare faced lie...

OMG somebody call trading standards man!!!

to the tris mobile!

gohan

FH is my second home
Luckily they always only show the top half and don't destroy our eyesight with her Titanic sized arse.

On topic, Carlsburg, probably the best larger in the world!

Same lame line for 20 years! Says nothing.

My turds after a 5 day visit to Mumbai, probably the best curry in the world!

acctaully i think its good they stick with 1 slogan, its instantly rocognisable and some of their adverts are genius

get back to maining the shit adverts leave the good ones be

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
They do probably make the best adverts in the world

I feel great not having to live life watching TV. Ok i watch iplayer and 4od, oh download US shows. Its nice not having to plan life watching things on the schedule

Ezteq

Queen of OT
oh man iplayer and 4od are probably the best inventions in the world *gets sued by carlsburg* i totally agree with you! its soo nice not to have to worry about missing a show, i mean there are only like 4 progs that i make a point of watching so i do get pissy if i miss one because there are like 350,000 shows that i think suck and if i wanted to watch them you can bet i'd never miss those.

also its really great if youve got a rainy afternoon with nothing to do and you can find something interesting to watch (last time i had this i watched the dinosaur mummy docu).

most of the good shows are on too late for me to watch and our vcr throws a wobbler if we try to tape freeview so the on damand services are a lifesaver... i wonder how long till you have to pay a tax for them though?

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
yeah that dino docu was ace

The greatest thing on 4od at the moment is all 5, yes count em 5, series of Peep Show BOOYA!!

You shouldnt pay a tax as the loophole is your already paying for the use of the line, and 4od has ads to cover costs so due to having ads they cant charge you for use

Ezteq

Queen of OT
\o/

ooh did you see the docu last night abut the crystal skulls?

man i dont care if it is "fake" that mitchell-hedges skull is awesome, i'd love that in my collection tbh.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
my point about this particular advery though isn't so much that its irritating...its just well, its a lie isnt it, i mean rocks (aside from sulphur and certain chalks) generally do not smell, so saying their laundry detergent has the fragrance (sp?) of diamonds or sapphires or whatever the fuck they're on about is actually a complete bare faced lie...

To be honest I think that's a fantastic advert tho..

I mean what's the one thing I want from a laundry detergant... If I had to choose one it would be to stop my socks smelling of yesterdays mouldy cheese. If it makes them smell of nothing, that's just great!

megadave

I am a FH squatter

IIRC they passed a law on that recently that rules that ads need to be broadcasted at the same volume as programmes.

Helme

Resident Freddy
On a slightly related topic, why is the music in TV series/movies at a higher volume than voices? It's fucking annoying having to constantly adjust the sound to not go deaf by the music or to actually hear what they are saying.

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmm, just had a thought. Pick up a packet of Bold, see if it had Diamonds in the ingredients, or see if it comes packaged with diamonds. If not, see if it has the disclaimer "Does not contain Diamonds", because I seem to recall trading standards having some draconian rule that stated you HAD to declare if your product lived up to the name (Dragon Sausages: Does not contain Dragon meat).

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
it doesn't contain diamonds. just like armani diamonds doesn't contain diamonds.
it contains a fragrance thats supposed to remind you of diamonds (i don't know what that means - luxury + clean smell?)
i worked on a perfume counter for years. you see loads of stuff like that in fragrances, a 'water accord' means it's meant to be reminiscent of water. sea water smells of salt, dirty water smells of dirt, but water smells of ... nothing? it's supposed to remind you of a beach. but it doesn't, because you wont ever have been to a beach that smells like it.
there are fragrances that are supposed to contain gemstone accords, and some that contain 'metal' accords. basically, it's a synthetic smell created and put in them as a selling point - it doesn't actually smell of a gemstone or metal. it's just a 'clean' smell.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
it doesn't contain diamonds. just like armani diamonds doesn't contain diamonds.
it contains a fragrance thats supposed to remind you of diamonds (i don't know what that means - luxury + clean smell?)
i worked on a perfume counter for years. you see loads of stuff like that in fragrances, a 'water accord' means it's meant to be reminiscent of water. sea water smells of salt, dirty water smells of dirt, but water smells of ... nothing? it's supposed to remind you of a beach. but it doesn't, because you wont ever have been to a beach that smells like it.
there are fragrances that are supposed to contain gemstone accords, and some that contain 'metal' accords. basically, it's a synthetic smell created and put in them as a selling point - it doesn't actually smell of a gemstone or metal. it's just a 'clean' smell.

Aye, thought EQ was being too british myself :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom