How should it be?

Should any class be able to kill any other class or not?

• Any class should be able to kill any other class

Votes: 41 35.7%
  • Certain classes should only be able to effectively kill certain other classes

Votes: 74 64.3%

• Total voters

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Should all classes be able to kill any other class or should certain classes be most effective vs certain other classes but not very effective against others which is how it seems now, EG: stealthers against casters and tanks against hybrids.

Personally im sitting on the fence

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
What a can of worms you got here, this must be the worst one anyone could open, lets see..

Healers being able to tank down Heros or Champs...not.

Shamman soloing sorcs...not.

Druids in melee with Infs...yeah...right.

Clerics smiting warriors...oh dear.

The diversity of characters makes this game what it is, mainly sociable, with the obvious exception of stealthers. Some classes are given the title "support class" for a reason, a very obvious one. Other classes may not need it as much as tanks, but damn its handy to have it especially when you meet another posse of more than 2 people.

Then you have the question of what winning actually is, is it killing your oponent or simply surviving a fight, in which case:

Healer insta mezzes Hero, runs away till freinds come by and gets in on the kill.

Shaman roots sorc and pet, dots sorc and uses perma sprint to kite till friends arrive, or re-dots him.

Druid....druids like (what do they do?)

Cleric stuns the oponent, and if not specced in smite, legs it to the safety of his chums, as he is probably a DI bot anyway and horner is on his way again cause his RR5 ability is back up.

So its no where like a single answer, and a poll is just daft, and will linger at the top of the general section forever like all the other crap ones. In this game there is no "I win button" (yeah, baseline stun, chicken pets woteva!), its not a single player game and shouldnt be treated as one.

Illtar

Fledgling Freddie
some classes have a very very rough vs certain other ones, and some classes er generally just weak solo (bards to mention one).

I think it ok that some acrhetypes have problems vs some classes and that some fights can be almost 100% against you, aslong as that class that for you is unbeatable has problems wvs certain other classes.

Ofc it shouldnt be Rock scissor paper, but there needs to be differences.

Besides a solo speced druid can anihilate an infiltrator :X

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Its a mmo Massively Mutiplayer Online.

Support characters are not supposed to solo, thats why you have groups.

all classes have their pro's and con's but when mixed together in a group everything is evened out.

if the rvr action was based around solo play then i think everyone should be able to kill everyone as this means your skill affects the outcome.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
old.Whoodoo said:
Healers being able to tank down Heros or Champs...not.

Shamman soloing sorcs...not.

Druids in melee with Infs...yeah...right.

Clerics smiting warriors...oh dear.

Isn't hard if the shaman plays well and the sorc is crap, like more than most ;)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Vladamir said:
Isn't hard if the shaman plays well and the sorc is crap, like more than most ;)

old.whoodoo said:
Shaman roots sorc and pet, dots sorc and uses perma sprint to kite till friends arrive, or re-dots him.

Like I said, its doable, depending on the shammys spec and how experienced they are.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
it is possible to solo whit allmost eny class... ALLMOST....and kill stuff :p

take healers.... they have allmost no offencive capabilitys(SP)... id would be damn near impossible to do enything.

druid.... well specc high in nature and get ml9 pet and u can whit useing alot of toys beat melee classes.

clerics.... high smite can hurt :D

if eny calss could kill eny other class it would be damn booring imo :)

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
I voted that all classes should be able to kill, bit Guildwars style.
Crap Mage/Tank/Stealther should not win vs a decent played healer etc, but in DAoC he still would :p

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Kaun_IA said:
take healers.... they have allmost no offencive capabilitys(SP)... id would be damn near impossible to do enything.

Aug healer can be evil with red celerity, dmg add and two insta heals! :D

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Bahumat said:
all classes have their pro's and con's but when mixed together in a group everything is evened out.

exept stealthers wich can be pretty selective on what fights they want. granted they are their own worst enemy if a inf catches a hunter or a ranger pops a SB... but still, stealthers in general is probably the most survivable class of them all due to the fact that if they dont want to fight they usually dont have to.

cant say that about most all the other visible classes. and instamezz/root/stun/whatever isnt reliable for a support class survivability anymore. not with purge and determination.

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
Jeros said:
Should all classes be able to kill any other class or should certain classes be most effective vs certain other classes but not very effective against others which is how it seems now, EG: stealthers against casters and tanks against hybrids.

Personally im sitting on the fence

i voted any class can kill any class.. not easy ofc.. but doing it so al capable of killing each other means the player with best control of the character wil win.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Beware my offencive healer! tho i feel a tad silly when in those rare occasions i grp and my grp dies and im like "ugh ya sorry for not healing"

censi

Can't get enough of FH
interesting post.

I voted any class kill any class. based like on the fact I think its stupid that when I fight a BD or necro (or certain other classes in certain circumstances or conditions) I cannot physically win and they like have to tap or just hold down one button. that aint right tbh.

but then again like certain classes have to "gay" you to death to win and they sort of have the tools to do it. Like a convoker nature druid, insta rooting ml9 and runs, or a shammy insta disese and perma sprint sheering and dotting you to death, or like a tic being able to perma kite any classes while your buffes slowly drop to the defensive proc over the course of the fight.

I mean there are different classes in daoc and some are not desigend to do damage, so people who play those types of classes have to "gay" their opponent to death in the lamest way possible.

Mythic say TIME and TIME again that the game is not balance on 1v1 for any class. This is the biggest pile of horseshit statement ever made. Pretty much all changes made to stealthers are done based on their effectiveness solo. The remedy change for example was specifically made to cater for assassin 1v1's. The PA changes again made to improve situations against solo casters.

The up and coming FZ change is made to for solo archers (FZ aint even close to being OP in FG situations).

Im digressing. Basically they could do with really looking at classes and saying how does it perform in groups how does it perform solo (or skirmish). And specifically the abilities which are really comically overpowered in solo circumstances (ml9, warghey, DT, moc, loltaps, mob tapper vamps, rr5's, etc etc etc etc...)They really need to give some major boosts to some classes for their group performance (like nercos etc) but at the same time some major nerfs to some of these classes solo. If you play a group character (IMO) you should be weak out there solo. Too many easy mode casters and shit have got all the newbs running around grilling shit on sight, its really bad for the game (imo)

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
I cant take the: "Any class should be able to kill any other class" alternative, as this would be leading to solo-mania, and I hate soloing, its boring.

Bladze

Fledgling Freddie
No i dont think any class should be able to kill any class. If you want to play a solo game go and play ES Oblivion. This a Massivley Multiplayer game as someone has already said and the whole point of that is playing online with other people. Id actually prefer to see less class options and more interdependence

I cant begin to imagine how this would be balanced or made fun and challening, Every class wihtout exception should have some kind of groupable quality and it should be that even with a FG of 8 your being forced to miss out on something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom