how`s this for a bolt :o

L

Lochlyessa

momII = 6% increase to your DD damage. Since when did bolts become dd's jenna? :p

K

kjel

Actually it's really easy to do in RvR to get 2 bolts off insanely fast, used to do it in bg1 with the original incarnation of Kjel. Just qc the 2nd bolt and they arrive almost at the same time. 1k dmg is pretty decent with the bolt too, though Zarff one-shotted a sorc not to long ago with his gimp-spec bolt.

S

Shike

Originally posted by old.cHodAX
If it went exactly as you say then that MIGHT be a speed hack Case, I say that because your 2.8 base with basic buffs is more like 2sec. There is no way in this game even with capped dex/buffs/MoArts that he can get 2 bolts off in under 3 seconds. I would send the screenie and the log to GOA if you have it. If you don't just send them a time and hope they can check it.

ummm, here u are 100% wrong

tested to buff Egars voidie today with my mota5 bot, he casted his 2 bolts fast, very fast :) guestimate around 1.5s

P

piggeman

Re: FYI

Originally posted by Jenna.
runie basebolt: 239
runie specbolt: 317
MoM II: 1.06 more damage
239*3*1.06 = 760.02 = near 759 which is cap
317*3*1.06 = 1008.08 = near 1008 which is cap

= NO CRITS :clap:
Haha, we'll if that is correct (which it's not, cos bolt aint DD), this guy must have really sucky resists, if he get bolted for cap! :lol:
When i do get bolted from (userly fire wizzy), i get hit for 600-650 dmg or something with cap resists. So if you do have cap resist, it's IMPOSSIBLE to hit for 1008 damage without a good crit - soz! :eek:

J

Jenna.

Originally posted by Lochlyessa
momII = 6% increase to your DD damage. Since when did bolts become dd's jenna? :p

Since I were under Kemors table

A

Ardrias_Mid

It works for bolts Loch. I had 1037 cap with MoM 3. So please, go stealthzerg some more ;/

J

Jenna.

Re: Re: FYI

Originally posted by piggeman
Haha, we'll if that is correct (which it's not, cos bolt aint DD), this guy must have really sucky resists, if he get bolted for cap! :lol:
When i do get bolted from (userly fire wizzy), i get hit for 600-650 dmg or something with cap resists. So if you do have cap resist, it's IMPOSSIBLE to hit for 1008 damage without a good crit - soz! :eek:

OK, I guess I just were cheating then when I did 980 cap with 317-bolt with MoM I and 1008 cap with same bolt but MOM II, report me :(

How much do you get hit for when your shields are down and the enemies has all powerrelics? ty!;|~~

O

old.Jeriraa

Re: Re: FYI

Your cap resists DONT apply to bolts! Try it and you will see. You will actually only resist about 1/3 of what you should resist.

O

old.Lethul

Re: Re: Re: FYI

Originally posted by old.Jeriraa
Your cap resists DONT apply to bolts! Try it and you will see. You will actually only resist about 1/3 of what you should resist.

think its 50% resist 50% af that applies to bolts

O

Orenthal

Re: Hmmm

Originally posted by Urgat Rip-Eye

This would be my best guess.

- Alter camera angle to see over/round wall.
- Target you.
- Sprint Sidestep into view
- Hit face As soon as no wall in front
- Hit Bolt 1 icon
- Hit bolt 2 icon (posibly with QC so not interupted)

Bolts got 2.5 base speed.

With High dex, buffs, and right RA, easily hit casting cap for bolts.

:)

D

DaoC.Jareth

As GM of Valour i completely trust Orenthal and i have played with him in thesame group a LOT. Never have i seen so much as any hint that he might cheat or hack.

Considering my experiences with Jareth (my own Runecarving runemaster) and being bolted myself quite a few times, you can indeed cap speed with bolt quite easily (orenthal has MotA II and runs around fully buffed with shammy moa III buffs continuously if possible) Also the damage versus cloth and leather (soft) targets has been dramatically increased the last patch which helped in the high base damage.

In a normal situation he might pull this off again but then by doing nice damage with a good crit, but this time he just got extremely lucky with capped damage and you got killed in a major way my friend..... Next time you might own him, would you appreciate a thread like this? Come on, it's silly, make more friends.

With a bit of luck, good buffs, a good stat and good tweaking you could have damage like this aswell.

P.s. your post might be a little more believeable next time if you actually show us you had your shields up ?

P

Pin

With Aug Dex2, MotArt2, full purp dex buffs. You bolt under 1.3sec.

If he moved around a corner, /face, bolt, bolt, it only takes a little lag for you to fail to stop his second bolt (get a nuke off within 1.9sec of him beginning first cast).

C

case-rigantis

you shouldn`t jump to conclusions i never said he cheated nor did i imply what i said was wow i can`t beleive someone can do this

my question really was is it possible for a bolt to be cast and reach it`s target in under the time it takes for someone with full buffs to cast a 2.8 sec delve nuke

my thoughts were more on server response than individual cheating for example times when you PA someone but fail your PA because you`ve already been PA`d then a second later the person your facing has the gfx for a PA on you

could it be some odd lag that caused 2 bolts to hit simultatiously regardless of the fact they shouldn`t have had the chance to cast the second anyway?

C

cerbie

Is it that hard to believe you simply got killed by a runemaster, thats all :D

Besides Orenthal is one of the best, he knows his character very well and plays a lot in RVR, its no shame to be killed by him.

D

decline

i h3ar 0r3nth4l us3s |337 h4x & pwnz0rZ n3wb135 LOLZ

T

Teren

it's been proved on us, that there is no spell cast cap (atleast in 1.66)

there is a video of a chanter w/ b00fs and 30% faster casts w/ toa junk, he casted 16 pbaoe's in 17 seconds
:rolleyes:

O

old.mattshanes

Master of magery works for all kinds of damage spells even bolts , there is NO cap in melee or casting, if you do think there is, get a h2h savage use highest haste shout he has+clerity then tell me it's true xD

For a caster get a pbaoe class with mastery of the art 3 or more and aug dex 2+ then buff it fully...

Master of magery also makes pbaoe damage higher too.

J

Jenna.

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
Master of magery works for all kinds of damage spells even bolts , there is NO cap in melee or casting, if you do think there is, get a h2h savage use highest haste shout he has+clerity then tell me it's true xD

For a caster get a pbaoe class with mastery of the art 3 or more and aug dex 2+ then buff it fully...

Master of magery also makes pbaoe damage higher too.

Care to explain that to our dear Loch also :) ?

A

Arnor

no selfbuffs=cap on bolts, no resistbuff energy=cap on bolts, he was fully buffed, ie 1.5ish sec castime on bolts, do you want to know more?

H

Harm

Re: Re: how`s this for a bolt :eek:

All bolters have two bolts. One base and one spec bolt.

Except shamans which only got spec bolt?

F

Fightersuntzu

And just for fun, realize that in ToA with +casting speed items and +dex cap items, people are reporting cast times of .96 seconds on PBAEs and such - there is no base cap for casting time.

So, im more than willing to believe that with good red buffs and capped dex, as well as full RC (this guy is semi-high rr too from what i remember, he killed my ice wizzy when i was more of a lowbie with crazy bolt damage) he could easily pull this off with a small crit or MoM levels.

Working as intended :)

A

Ardrias_Mid

And bolts always hit too! You can't get bolts blocked, and you cant miss with them. Nerf it plz!1!1!!1!1!!!1!

C

chamone

Anyway there are no speed hacks for this game. If there was then Alb would be winning the rvr all the time ;P

chamone

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom