Crap How prepared are you?

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Look at how human beings behave on Black Friday when they want to beat someone to a bargain on a toaster, could you imagine these people if it was announced that the food supply was going to dry up in a few days? We're three meals away from total anarchy, we'd be like "ISIS who?".

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xL8rE9DT4g

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Look at how human beings behave on Black Friday when they want to beat someone to a bargain on a toaster, could you imagine these people if it was announced that the food supply was going to dry up in a few days? We're three meals away from total anarchy, we'd be like "ISIS who?".

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xL8rE9DT4g

It's really vulgar and makes me die a little inside....

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I live in the middle of the city with a small supermarket across the road and two big ones less than a a km away.... I still have tins in my cuboard... The habit stems from living in a village miles away from a town. We had a store house with two chest freezers full of meat (with 5 kids my parents would buy half a cow a sheep and a pig at a time) and shelves stocked with non perishables. Sadly I don't have a chest freezer but I still ensure I have tins... I recon if I had to Kris and I could live for 2 months...

My parents have a chest freezer, it makes me sad with my one shelf in a shitty fridge-freezer.

All the foods they have in there :(

Chest Freezers aren't really apocalypse friendly, unless you have a generator.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I have some soup, an onion and some peppers. Also I am on city provided hot water for heating. Basically I'm fucked if anything happens.

Gwadien

I have some soup, an onion and some peppers. Also I am on city provided hot water for heating. Basically I'm fucked if anything happens.

City provided hot water? IE it's pumped directly into your house rather than heated inside? Surely there's loads of heat loss and it costs loads?

My housemate likes to buy beans in bulk, I mean, he'll buy like 40 cans of beans in one go, so I'll just steal his shit, I've told him this before.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
City provided hot water? IE it's pumped directly into your house rather than heated inside? Surely there's loads of heat loss and it costs loads?

My housemate likes to buy beans in bulk, I mean, he'll buy like 40 cans of beans in one go, so I'll just steal his shit, I've told him this before.
I assume its heated using geothermal or so ething rather than gas.

TdC

Yes, hot to the home. It's heated by the waste incinerator outside the city. It's slightly cheaper than owning and operating my own hot water boiler for heating and showering.

TdC

I couldn't see that happening in the UK :D

lots of things still strike me as odd in the UK. electric space heaters for example. I had no idea your average water distribution company was as shit as that. then again: it prolly costs more to fix than to lose, or they'd all shape up....no?

Gwadien

lots of things still strike me as odd in the UK. electric space heaters for example. I had no idea your average water distribution company was as shit as that. then again: it prolly costs more to fix than to lose, or they'd all shape up....no?

Yeah, I'd imagine it's about contracts and stuff, they don't pay for the losses anyway, we do. (I believe.)

'Why should I fix it, and cost all that money, fuck investment for the future!'

TdC

In the NL, on average, electricity is 3x as expensive as gas. Using gas to heat my house will be cheaper. I didn't make the water company efficiency remark, that was Gwad.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Central heating straight from powerplant (why cool the water and dunp it in a river when you can heat houses) no need to pay for a boiler to heat my home and unlimited hot water 24/7 for 8 euros a month

And my electricity bill has been reduced every quarter for last two years

Sweet sweet civilization

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
The water company fitted water meters to all the houses in the street back in March and said it would take a few months the adjust our usage. Had a letter a couple of weeks ago reducing my monthly bill from £24 to £1, yes one whole pound a month, it's because I'm in too much credit since they strarted metering me.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Paying for water seems weird.

Is it metered by usage?

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Central heating straight from powerplant (why cool the water and dunp it in a river when you can heat houses) no need to pay for a boiler to heat my home and unlimited hot water 24/7 for 8 euros a month

And my electricity bill has been reduced every quarter for last two years

Sweet sweet civilization
My parents back home in Sweden have this to their house, very environmental efficient.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr

Is it metered by usage?
Yes, it used to be a standing charge where everyone paid the same, if you're a big family you do kinda get stung with a meter, but for me its great

Lakih

Resident Freddy

Is it metered by usage?
Depends, I live in an apartment and we have a flat $20 a month for water, independent of usage. Some have based on average use over x time.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
In the NL, on average, electricity is 3x as expensive as gas. Using gas to heat my house will be cheaper. I didn't make the water company efficiency remark, that was Gwad.
Some houses dont have gas connection. The storage heaters are ment to retain heat from over night and use it during the day. They are shit.

Most rented student places didnt like to invest in central heating. The put shit electric ones in.

Most places that can have gas central heating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom