Crap How prepared are you?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
My Granddad always used to keep a large store of food for just in case, tinned stuff, dried stuff etc. He always said that if anything happened in society it wouldn't take long for the shops to be emptied and everyone would turn into a selfish cunt over night. "They" reckon that there is only ever 3 days worth of food in the supermarkets. If some nutjob did do something major we would descend into chaos pretty quickly.
I wouldn't say where I live is remote but the bastards never grit the roads in and out of the village (there are 2) so if we get a lot of snow we can't get out, one road is up a tight hill and the other goes to the sticks so again if we get the harsh winter the hand wringers are worried about we could be stuck for a few days.

So with that in mind I decided to do the same, I have spent about £50 today on tinned stuff, along with pasta, honey and whatnot. I think I have enough for nearly a month for me and the wife. I see it as £50 spent for peace of mind and it may seem stupid now but its only £50 and if anything does ever happen we will be sorted.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Too much fallout I'll sell you some stimpacks

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Least your not as bad as those Doomsday Preppers that tell the whole world where they have hid their weps and supplies lol

Gumbo

FH is my second home
I have the means to gather and purify water, I have options for shelter, I am adept at trapping and processing wild animals.

I'm cool.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Did any of you see the Preppers program where the rebuilt and restored a castle in some woods ready for it lol?

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I'll be ok, I have a big pr0n collection, once the internet goes down people will bow at my feet

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
and if anything does ever happen we will be sorted.

You'll be sorted for a week maybe two, and then you'll turn into the same selfish cunts as the rest of us that weren't "prepared".. :)

If something happens, it'll happen when it happens.

Until then i'm gonna live my life the same way i've always done. carefree not giving a fuck...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'll go cannibal. Just for shits n giggles. Looks like a lotta fun on those walking dead documentaries.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Just D/l the Preppers shows and watch to see which fool lives closest to you so you know where to go and where they hid their stash lol

sayward

Resident Freddy
I'd swear years ago my mother caused a sugar and loo roll shortage. She had enough for years.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
You'll also need a gun to protect it...and your wife/daughters, even the dog.

Society is a very thin skin indeed, anarchy is around every corner.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
I've been playing a lot of Fallout 4 recently. I'm definitely prepared.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
What people seem to miss is what @Raven is talking about is a few days or perhaps a week or two of heavy snow, which means he won't be able to go to the stop. I think it makes perfect sense. If I lived out in the country side I'd to the same tbh. Just to keep a piece of mind

Talivar

Part of the furniture
A few days of snow in the UK is almost the same as an apocalypse lol

Lakih

Resident Freddy
We bought a pair of lanterns because the electricity is somewhat funky through the winter storms and we might need some light. As for food... none, we will starve to death. The end.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
What people seem to miss is what @Raven is talking about is a few days or perhaps a week or two of heavy snow, which means he won't be able to go to the stop. I think it makes perfect sense. If I lived out in the country side I'd to the same tbh. Just to keep a piece of mind
If you live out in the country you tend to do this anyway.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
elmerfudd.jpg

Nate

FH is my second home
Most of the students where I live will run to mummy and daddy, that's when I step in and take all their pasta and tomato sauce. I've got years on you Raven!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

This pretty much, but people also need to understand how much they rely on society to provide for them, living day to day works now but what if we had seriously bad weather, or fuel shortage (without fuel for trucks there is no food in the supermarket) Can you imagine the pandemonium if a dirty bomb went off, anywhere?

The chances of me ever needing to use my stash is pretty remote but if anything did go wrong, whether terrorist attack, bad weather, whatever, then at least I know I don't have to run the gauntlet of climbing over the plebs to get a tin of beans. The nearest shop to me is about 3 miles, the nearest supermarket 5 miles, both would be wiped out within hours if anything did happen (did nobody see the vids of those cunts trying to get flat screen TVs on the cheap, now imagine those throwbacks trying to get at the last few bits of food) and fuck walking there in bad weather. A couple of years ago when we had some bad snow I cadged a lift of someone from work and got dropped a couple of miles from the village, somewhere that I knew very well, a quick walk over some fields in decent weather. I pretty much got lost because everything looks completely different when there is snow, especially when its coming down in sheets, it wasn't any sort of survival episode but it did take me a little while to get my bearings and get home, about an hour.

£50 well spent as far as I am concerned.

But for the zombie apocalypse I am sorted too, I have all my wild camping gear to hand!

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I live in the middle of the city with a small supermarket across the road and two big ones less than a a km away.... I still have tins in my cuboard... The habit stems from living in a village miles away from a town. We had a store house with two chest freezers full of meat (with 5 kids my parents would buy half a cow a sheep and a pig at a time) and shelves stocked with non perishables. Sadly I don't have a chest freezer but I still ensure I have tins... I recon if I had to Kris and I could live for 2 months...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom