How pathetic are you ?

O

old.Xanthian

My SM's name was reported and now has been changed..
Jeez some ppl cant even take a small joke and have to be serious about everything..

I mean, whats wrong with Phill Atio ? Quality name imo.

Well hope your happy now anyway.

P

pudzy

I dont understand :( is Phill Atio something bad?

D

dJyng

Took me some time to figure out why.
Is Phill offensive?
or
Atio?

Bad call to change that name. But it was intended to get reactons so.. .. ..

A

Azal

Originally posted by pudzy
I dont understand :( is Phill Atio something bad?

To some ppl it is :) i find it amusing but some ppl get offended at silly things

K

klavrynd

fellatio maybe ....

if you make names that breach the coc it is bound to happen, this is not counterstrike

F

Farnis

I think it is funny mate.

You must have pissed someone off - Im sure no-one would be so up thier own @rse to report the name just for the sake of it.

Why not try something harmless like Cunny Lingus next time - im sure that wouldnt offend.

O

old.Xanthian

Gonna change my name to MaCavity or something now.
:)

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Phill Atio == Fellatio

Pretty harmless fun, imo. I can't really believe anyone would actually find it offensive - a bit out of context, perhaps, but this isn't a RP server, so silly, non-RP names are allowed.

It's funny how any sort of sexual reference can be deemed 'offensive' in a game which revolves around violence and xenophobia ;)

Btw, if you do change your last name don't capitalise the C, capitalise the A: MacAvity (or McAvity) :)

And, if anyone complains, join the Dentists ;)

D

Damon_D

Would not have reported it myself , but with such names you have it comming and you know it.. now toddle of and name ya chars so we dont think you a sexuly frustraded 13 year old goatsuckerbird

O

old.Xanthian

Its more fun than calling my char
"random generated name" TheFeared or TheMighty

99% of people that play DAoC DONT role play, so what does a name matter?
I assume that only the RP'ers would find this offensive as it doesnt fit the image they have of Midgard.

Its at least it takes a small ammount of wit to think of a name like this, it could of just been called "FuckingHell GOASuck" then I would understand why.

D

Dook_Pug

Hehe...

I remember realising what it meant while holding the list in Malmo, I was chuckling everytime I looked at your char for the rest of the day :p

Some people take this game (and life) a little too seriously :(

H

Hufner

Well, it's written down in the CoC.
GOA has been kracking down more often on names against the CoC.
So, try making a name that's not against the CoC - they do pay attention you know ;)

F

Fafnir

And you have accepted the rules of the game. By installing it and pressing accept. If my name was against CoC i guess i have to live with a name change.

A

Ardrias_Mid

Breaking rules, getting punished for it, crying. Guess I could ask the same question which is in topic :rolleyes:

O

old.Xanthian

Originally posted by Ardrias_Mid
Breaking rules, getting punished for it, crying. Guess I could ask the same question which is in topic :rolleyes:

:sleeping:

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Here are the rules, btw:
Names of characters and guilds

Although character names chosen to fit in with the age and kingdom in which they are to develop are welcome, players are free to give their characters whatever names and nicknames they wish, as long as they respect the following rules. Please note that these rules also apply to guild names.

- No names with insulting, degrading or racist connotations.
- No religious, sexual or political references.
- No brand, product, character or any other element subject to copyright.
- No inciting of illegal behaviour.
- No references that degrade other players’ characters or GOA personnel.
- No titles of nobility or prestige. Some of these can be acquired on the Camelot battlefields.
- The names of legendary people from the three kingdoms are tolerated, but please bear in mind the fact that developments in the game may bring these names into question.
- No names that could suggest that the character may belong to the GOA team or have the status of voluntary worker or Gamemaster.
- No names of towns, regions or characters in the game. However, guild names may, if necessary, make reference to such places or characters.
- All these bans also apply to combinations, homonyms and alternative spellings of such names as are refused by the present charter.
I guess you get done on the sexual reference part. Still, it's hardly going to corrupt the innocent, is it? I wouldn't have even considered reporting it, myself.

Fortunately, you have plenty of options for silly namage:

Phill McCavity (as mentioned)
Phill Harmonic
Phill Urrup
Phill Theerich
Phill Tercoffee

I won't go on ;)

X

Xtro

My first ever day playing USA daoc...this is Day One of Live US Daoc btw.

1. Pick Roleplay server (Nimue).

2. Make myself a troll viking, start xping at Gna.

3. Get asked to group by Saddam Hitler....

Funnily enough I never saw Mr S. Hitler again....

R

rynnor

I dont have a problem with silly names but if you do pick one its with the knowledge that it might be changed - no point whining eh?

B

blain

Originally posted by old.Trine Aquavit
No titles of nobility or prestige. Some of these can be acquired on the Camelot battlefields

And this will be implemented when?

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Realm titles, of course, you silly Isen Vakten ;)

F

Farnis

As you are a wrinkly skinned kobold with a receeding gingery brown hairline, I thought Collins would be the only choice.

or maybe not..hehe

B

blain

I think it was refering to titles such as Sir/Baron/Duke etc.

F

furious_george

And what exactly is the preconception of the Dentists thats going on here!!! :D

My 2nd name is very unoffensive ta!

O

old.ViscountCharles

Quite so FG.

A Chisel is clearly a Carvingtool - nothing rude about that.

And Haul Ass is nothing more than an advertisement for the sideline I have in the transportation of donkeys. That odd svartalf in Myrkwood the other evening never blinked an eyelid. Of course, that might have been something to do with his weird sub-human facial features and not having any eyelids.

I hope we all have enough of a sense of humour when The Dentists unveil their Bonedancer-only group next week. After all, try as we might we can't *begin* to think of anything sexually suggestive with any sort of bone connection ....

E

erl

It's stupid to make a name against the CoC.

It's even more stupid to come here and whine about it after it's changed.

Conclusion, stupid person, stupid post, go away, ok? :)

O

old.Xanthian

How about..

No.

Yes it was against the CoC, but its still pathetic that theres some sniveling little geeks that report such things.
Oh well each to thier own I guess.

D

decline

My character's orginal name was Decline Cunninglingus, and it got changed around level 22 to "Cunigam."

Was stuck with it till name changes came out :eek:

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by old.Xanthian

Yes it was against the CoC, but its still pathetic that theres some sniveling little geeks that report such things.
Oh well each to thier own I guess.

... and snivelling little geeks who come here and whine.....

<runs out of sympathy>

It's not hard to get a name that doesn't break the CoC ... if you actually used your brain some you could maybe even make it witty.

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Lol. No offense intended towards the Dentists - it was just that his suggested name change of:

Phill MacAvity = Fill My Cavity

is perfect for the Dentists.

The Dentists are a fine bunch, imo, will a bunch of nice silly names :)

Users who are viewing this thread