how pants can it get??

Ezteq

Queen of OT
ok whats more pants looking this

Star Wars: The Clone Wars trailer & video clips on Yahoo! Summer Movie Guide

or actual pants (and i mean the really big kind that you can also use to carry apples in when youve been off scrumping)

correct me if im wrong because it is entirely possible that i could have fallen asleep before the end of the "last" star wars movie and drempt the shitty ending, but did anikin not convert to the dark side and "become" darth vader already??

i dunno about you guys but one of the most delightful things about star wars (and i mean the original 3 not the lame arsed attempts in cashing in that were disguised as movies that have been released latest) was that it was Real there were guys with rubber suits on being aliens and people walking about in robot costumes and big wooden sided space ships and star battles that took place almost entirely on an air fix back ground, converting to CGI was (imo) a heuge mistake, i mean jaja binks and jabba the hutt gah, i loved the original jabba with real mucous and all not the bloody CGI version its awful!!

bloody awful i says.

:(

george lucas, i know you read this forum! so listen up i think youve lost it matey and become a total sell out, youve butchered my fond memories of star wars and made it embarrassing for everyone involved. stop, i order you to cease and desist with any further attemt to milk financial gain from this joke of a franchise, let it die with at least some dignity you puffy haired git!

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
George Lucas, i know you read this forum! so listen up i think youve lost it matey and become a total sell out, youve butchered my fond memories of star wars and made it embarrassing for everyone involved. stop, i order you to cease and desist with any further attemt to milk financial gain from this joke of a franchise, let it die with at least some dignity you puffy haired git!

qft :(

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Can't disagree more.

123 were great additions, told the story of the earlier days, and CGI is the only way to portray the massive scales that are needed.

This, even if an interesting 3d choice, should be mroe to the story and well..if you don't like 'em, go wank off to the original 456 as you DON'T have to watch them if your precious original trilogy is so holy.

And not to mention, there's only one guy who can say when the story is told, how it should be told and that guy is the guy writing it.

You odn't have to like it, but you have no right to say "stop making things" as some people actually enjoy them.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
lucas just wants to squeeze every penny out of it. the ass.

gohan

FH is my second home
buts its not a new story..... the clone wars was ep 2

its just a remake thats looks SHIT to get extra cash

gohan

FH is my second home
well he does have loads of successes other than starwars and indiana jones...
o wait

as if that isnt enought? between 2 franchises that will be 10 movies all of which will go down as classics

i wouldnt mind having that to my name

Chronictank

FH is my second home
as if that isnt enought? between 2 franchises that will be 10 movies all of which will go down as classics

i wouldnt mind having that to my name
first big sfx movie is why starwars is so popular imo, as movies i didn't think they were all that good

Indiana jones was good tho so have to give him that :p
Was just pointing out in a sarcastic manner, they are all he has so he will milk them for everything they are worth

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Clone Wars was a cartoon series long before this movie came out. Son's got several of the DVD's and he likes them a lot. Guess I'll go see it with him.

Do agree with you regarding the 3 new films, so far not so good. Some of the new characters were just plain stupid.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Can't disagree more..
im sure you could, your just not trying hard enough:p

123 were great additions, told the story of the earlier days, and CGI is the only way to portray the massive scales that are needed...

there were additions, ill give you that but man you might admit that the acting and script was on the ropey side and the CGI wasn't great, if your going to do something with CGI at least make it damn good cgi or stick with animatronocs imo the origional films had far more soul to them

This, even if an interesting 3d choice, should be mroe to the story and well..if you don't like 'em, go wank off to the original 456 as you DON'T have to watch them if your precious original trilogy is so holy...
i think if he's going to make a final trilogy then go and add some more middle stuff after the end part of the trilofy's been done...well it just seems to me as if he knocked out the end trilogy without enough thought

And not to mention, there's only one guy who can say when the story is told, how it should be told and that guy is the guy writing it....

ok true... but he's doin it wrong!!

You odn't have to like it, but you have no right to say "stop making things" as some people actually enjoy them.

i do have the right to say "stop making them" no one has to actually pay attention to me though lol, to quote the beloved B2 "yes dear i did listen to you...i just chose to ignore you"

ok so some people enjoy them but i think that they were shoddily done and its such a shame because it could have been sooo much better, the original (holy) 3 were pretty crappy but in a good way, the final 3 i just thought were crappy in a kind of embarrassing way.

i mean jaja binks... really?

Mey

Part of the furniture
I reckon it can get far more pant like than this!

amst0060bxza.jpg

swords

Can't get enough of FH
The australian accent kills me every time... I want them to mention shrimps... and BBQs...and Lager... come on! you know you want to adhere to strict racial steriotypes!

Dahakon

Fledgling Freddie
This is another game that's set between the end of 2 and the start of 3 (hence Douku still being alive and the Clone War having started), and I think it's a good idea, as the films don't cover most of the war, it enables there to be some good fun games etc set between the two. Although I think that they would be better doing more stuff from either far before the first film, like they did for Nights of the Old Republic, or after the end of the 6th one, like Jedi Knight etc.

The only really bad bits about the first 3 where the Gungangs (but then look at the ewoks...) and the love story between Anikin and Pademe was written shitly, but the rest was really good classic Star Wars imo.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
That looks very bad :( check out the trailer for the new appleseed movie instead.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Only me who actually thought the original movies were kind of shit and the only reason they get so much hype and fame is because they were 'first'?.

I enjoyed the newer movies alot more but that said, the best thing to have come out of the Star Wars liscense so far is Knights of the old Republic.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
The episodes 1,2 & 3 were shit. The original 4, 5 & 6 were the best. I also agree with Ez on the people in rubber suits. I much prefer that as it looks much better than some crappy cgi background aliens.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Only me who actually thought the original movies were kind of shit and the only reason they get so much hype and fame is because they were 'first'?.

I enjoyed the newer movies alot more but that said, the best thing to have come out of the Star Wars liscense so far is Knights of the old Republic.

I once said, and recieved much replica lightsaber waving and neysay, that if the original films came out today, the stories would be kicked down like the 123 did.

I mean come on, 7 foot tall yeti? - I mean come on, jar jar binks?

They weren't THAT good even storywise, even if they were good movies.

But there's a "classic" add to them, which lowers the 123 starwars movies too.

If 123 were the first starwars movies, everyone would be s*cking off George Boy(pun) to get 456 made.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
The first three movies have Harrison Ford and SAH Alec Guinnes in them and just that makes them superior. :D I'm with Ez on this one.

BTW Chewbacca vs. Jar Jar Binks is an interesting comparison. One rips people's arms out, the other is a Jamaican Charlie Chaplin on weed. I know which one I prefer in the Star Wars universe.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The first three movies have Harrison Ford and SAH Alec Guinnes in them and just that makes them superior. :D I'm with Ez on this one.

BTW Chewbacca vs. Jar Jar Binks is an interesting comparison. One rips people's arms out, the other is Charlie Chaplin on weed. I know which one I prefer in the Star Wars universe.

Sure actors effect the movie a bit, but the point was towards the story and such.

Also, yes, chebacca rips arms off etc, but still people would laugh at an overgrown hairball trying to act tuff(if it came out these days).

If the make 789 some day, i do hope NPH is in them though :D

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Sure actors effect the movie a bit, but the point was towards the story and such.

Also, yes, chebacca rips arms off etc, but still people would laugh at an overgrown hairball trying to act tuff(if it came out these days).

If the make 789 some day, i do hope NPH is in them though :D

I thought the point was to the movies as a whole? I agree that story-wise there's nothing wrong with the later movies - it's just the implentation I don't like.

And yes, people were supposed to chuckle at Chewbacca while still being a little scared of his unpredictability. He's the "comic relief with a serious undertone", an always hungry armripping furball that growl-banters with Han a lot... but he's also competent at what he does as a pilot, mechanic and gunner and as such I think he's nowhere near as annoying as Jar Jar's exaggerated voice and demeanor. I can't even remember what Jar Jar's actual reason was for hanging around the heroes.. was he some kind of ambassador?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I thought the point was to the movies as a whole? I agree that story-wise there's nothing wrong with the later movies - it's just the implentation I don't like.

And yes, people were supposed to chuckle at Chewbacca while still being a little scared of his unpredictability. He's the "comic relief with a serious undertone", an always hungry armripping furball that growl-banters with Han a lot... but he's also competent at what he does as a pilot, mechanic and gunner and as such I think he's nowhere near as annoying as Jar Jar's exaggerated voice and demeanor. I can't even remember what Jar Jar's actual reason was for hanging around the heroes.. was he some kind of ambassador?

Well my point, forgot the my from there, but thought the "personal opinion" was implemented :D

Can't remember jarjar either, but i do believe people rip on jarjar too much. I didn't find jarjar at all annoying, BEFORE people started pointing it out all the time.

If they had done the 123 in the same style as the old ones, they would've been ripped on as much as now. Even if they were the greatest movies ever, the "golden memory of 456" would put them down.

About gungans in general, well, they are like that in the story. It would be like saying "let's remove the annoying preciousssss guy from lord of the rings".

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
By the way, I meant I didn't like the "implementation"... I'm not sure if "implentation" is a word and if I would like it if it was. :p

Ezteq

Queen of OT
well tbh the originals were shit but it was good shit (i believe i may have already said this but i don't mind repeating myself because if i don't remember saying it im sure no one else will either lol) and it had an excuse to be shit because it was from the 70/80s era where all classic shit was manufactured.

in this day and age of polished scripts and outstanding special effects there is simply no excuse for a bad movie...well there is but that would totally scupper my arguement so im going to go political and just revise the facts in my favour.

yes they were better because they were first, no a revisit wont ever be as good, nostalgia aint all it used ot be and if the originals were made today they would just be crap but its because they bring back memories they are so good.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
So you agree then?

Also, if the 123 had been made in the 70s/80s, they would be equally good as the 456, since it's mostly memory value, and as such, jarjar binks would be one of your fondly remembered characters.

But that in your mind and twist it :D

Ezteq

Queen of OT
So you agree then?

Also, if the 123 had been made in the 70s/80s, they would be equally good as the 456, since it's mostly memory value, and as such, jarjar binks would be one of your fondly remembered characters.

exactly! and the fact that lucas ressurected the series and made the prequals as bad...if not worse than the originals simply offends me, he got away with it once because it was the 70/80s and no one knew any better!

there are some things that should be left alone.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
exactly! and the fact that lucas ressurected the series and made the prequals as bad...if not worse than the originals simply offends me, he got away with it once because it was the 70/80s and no one knew any better!

there are some things that should be left alone.

But...they aren't really bad are they? They are just as good as the originals, story and effect wise, in THIS time. You know?

Chronictank

FH is my second home
So you agree then?

I thought 1 was ok,
but i agree with the rest (ableit they didnt make sense in some bits but if they were first then 3,4 and 5 won't make sense instead ><)

Zede

Part of the furniture
ezteq : Splitter !

1000 hail georges for u.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom