How online gaming could change the world

Afran

Part of the furniture
Massively - Daily News About MMOs ... the-world/

Jane McGonigal (a 10-year game designer of projects such as the I Love Bees ARG for Halo 2) has a self-professed "crazy idea" -- that gamers have the potential to change the world for the better by doing what they're already doing. At her speech, people chuckle when she first says this, but twenty minutes later they're giving her a standing ovation.

Zede

Part of the furniture
the link takes you an article about warhammer online, had a peak about the site... failed to find the bit you want us to see !

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Maybe a bit optimistic, but the theory is sound.
This girl sounds like my thoughts, I want to sleep with her and talk
for days afterwards.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Maybe a bit optimistic, but the theory is sound.
This girl sounds like my thoughts, I want to talk with her and sleep with her for days afterwards.

Fixed.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Indeed link fail, thanks for the working one!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
lag.jpg

Ezteq

Queen of OT
lol it's true actually, gaming (while undoubtedly bringing out the arsehole in some) actually brings out the good in people, they don't seem embarrassed to help/ask for help, work as a team, work with people who are older/younger and of completely different social backgrounds. Everyone gets treated equally and people are willing to spend hours helping someone level up (really, irl would you spend hours helping a total stranger?) and becoming /friends.

Hell, lol me fgs I have like no friends irl but when I logged on my 'friends' list was always full of wonderful people I had met and had fun with.

I think that gal's really on to something...wish irl was more like the game world tbh; wish it also had an 'undo' button too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom