How often do you crash?

G

Gekul

Just completed my new system and find it tends to crash in planetside quite often. I don't think PS is the benchmark for a reliable game, so I was just wondering how often it crashes for others.

Played since launch with a system below minimum specs, and it crashed about 2/3 times in that entire time, even when others were crashing every 5 mins.

So, are others having problems? or should I start looking for some problem with my system? I'm running a 9700pro with the latest drivers. It seems to run UT2003 ok, so I don't want to start messing around and then find out the crashes are unavoidable.

S

SilverHood

used to crash 3-4 times an hour

until I did teh twick

and now it's very stable

except I don't have time to play atm :)

S

Sibanac

If you can run 3d mark 2003 without crashes i would say your system is stable

some days ps can run for 8h none stop on my pc without a signle crash, sametimes it crashes every 5 mins

A

aonn_elfclomper

i had a few crashes before i turned the music off .. now when its off i havent had a single crash + the game runs more smoth aswell (might imagine the last:) )

S

Scouse

It's a Dave Georgeson game - Tribes2 still crashes on my PC still :(

G

Gewny

once evry evning or so.

Does turning off the music relly make any noticeble differance if u have 512Mb ram, SB Live card ?

B

bigfoot

I've crashed once, when I tried to exit a tank which had been flipped over.

D

Deadmanwalking

Yeah thats a known bug. (The crashing not my driving)

B

bone_idle

Cant remember the last time it crashed. And i play lots.

B

bigfoot

I was going to spare your blushes Deadmandriving but henceforth you shall be known as the Mine seeker.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

The occasional freeze... nothing really bad - just a gentle push on the reset button. ;)

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Probably once every 3 hours or so. Not too bad. The thing is that when I get a crash it often takes my mouse out - the drivers seem to get totally blatted. It's happened with the mouse plugged into both PS/2 and USB - kinda strange.

C

CliffyG

I find my mouse disappears when i alt-tab out, ctrl-alt-dlt and selecting task manager usually brings it back (on WinXP).

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Yup.. the "mouse pointer disappears when alt+tabbing" is new - used to work before.

M

mid_Efour

rarely crash, but music sometimes starts making jittery sounds as does gauss rifle when zoomed. cant see what the problem is if its CPU loading. I blame the SB Live! 1024.. shite card!

do occasionly get some weird error long error message thing that crashes me, this happened after the last big patch but id say only happens once every 5 days or so..

M

mike-c

my crashes range from shitty nVidia drivers BSODing, to the game completely freezing up my pc forcing a reboot (also gfx related, it happens very occasionally in other games).

PlanetSide itself has a habit of crashing to desktop about once a week, and sometimes when I've been playing it fine, I go to load it again, and it exits with an unknown error. I restart it again and it says it needs 32MB of video memory (I have 128mb).

I've come to assume my PS install either doesn't clear the video memory after playing, that there is a memory leak in the game itself, or the gfx drivers are generally not worth the diskspace.

</rant>

Y

Yoni

Mine only really CTD when I go through the warpgate on my wraith with stealth on - it dosnt do it if I am not stealthed

P

[PS]Mung

Mine crashes to desktop at least once a session. For various reasons, all of them reported in the Bug reporter thingy.

J

Jonaldo

Crashes still a few times a day and various other graphics bugs which include apparently me being invisible when I'm not even using stealth suit and every other sprite in game being invisible to me including people, vehicles and deployables.
All have been reported.

X

Xavier

I've never had it crash, guess that's more down to dumb luck than anything else.

One of our outfit members currently is unable to play, he gets 15 seconds of gameplay then a reboot every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom