How NOT to stay calm during the Rugby World Cup Final

T

Tenko

I've calmed down now but yesterday I was a bit manic :)

Anyway a little story, are we sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin.

As we know things were a little hairy during the match on Saturday and by extra time I was screaming abuse and punching walls and things and getting very strange looks from the wife.

So at the half-way point of extra time I decided to put some music on. You know, to calm the savage beast?

Well I've been playing Starwars galxies this week and in my CD player is the original film soundtrack, so thinking it apt I switched to track 15 and hit play.

Big, but atmospheric mistake!

Track 15: The Last Battle 12:15.

hehe

For those of us not quite as geeky as me, thats the attack on the Deathstar and for christs sake I swear it was written for that 2nd half!

The bit in the film where the squadron leader nearly destroys the Deathstar then gets blown up himself? That bit of music played when they got their equalising penalty.

But the best bit was the end. The tempo steps up, the Deathstar has cleared the planet , theres seconds to we're all destroyed, Luke's heading for goal, stand by, stand by, and.......

BOOOOOM!

Johny Wilkinson has destroyed the Deathstar!!!!!!

FUCKING YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was very confused and bouncing off the walls at this point, not been that emotional about a sporting event for quite awhile :p

To top it off I just kept the music on and turned the volume to MAX and let the Throne Room (end Titles) play, while hugging and screaming at everyone. Thats the bit at the end when they get their medals :)

Shit.....

That was messed up :)

G

Gumbo

Put the LSD down and back away with your hands up!

Star Wars music is great, even if it does rip off Holst more than a little.

I have an extremely sore back after damaging it at work this week, 2+ hours of ridiculous tension really didn't help.

E

Embattle

Originally posted by Gumbo

I have an extremely sore back after damaging it at work this week, 2+ hours of ridiculous tension really didn't help.

Next time get some one else to pick up that pencil for you ;)

Users who are viewing this thread