How much...

Mofo8

Fledgling Freddie
How much money do you allow yourself to spend week to week? Take out all of your standing orders and direct debits.... How much are you left with for fuel, tobacco, food and ndrink?

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
Standing order for rent goes through at the end of the month, but added all up I have about 199 quid a week. Most of which goes on food and booze and the rent. So probably about 40-50 quid a week for spending on gubbins.

I should really learn how to cook, probably alot cheaper.

Mofo8

Fledgling Freddie
Not bad for a student. After taking off mortgage, car loan, car insurance, council tax, and a whole host of other shite I'm left with enough to save £50 a month (move into a saver account) and spend £90 a week on grub, fuel and booze. I want more :( Not more food or booze (or petrol), but I'd be nice to have more readies nonetheless.

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
If i had to spend money on petrol, I'd have no money left. Bloody rip-off. Just starting independent life mofo8?

Clown

Part of the furniture
No limit. I buy what I want, when I want it. My only limit is if I don't have the money to spend.

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
I don't work on a week by week basis, I work on monthly... but I'll divide it by 4 to see how I do:

Food £25
Petrol £50
Going out £50

I reckon I spend much more than that, but thats what my budget says, probably time to look at it again!

Saved a shit load of money at the cinema tho, £11 a month for a cinema pass at Cineworld. Can then go as many times as I want. It's £7+ a pop otherwise. So go twice in a month and I'm saving money. Makes a real cheap night out now and I get to see *all* the decent films. :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
£15 getting to work (short bus ride away)
£25 lunch and whatnot in the week
£50 if i go out
£20 fags for the week

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I plan on leaving my children a lot of debt so I dont worry about what I spend...

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Not working at the moment but when I was I basically felt that if I didn't have a bare minimum of £50 a week to blow on things I like doing after paying for everything else then it wasn't worth my time working. I feel sorry for the poor bastards with kids who barely earn enough money to make ends meet, being a wage slave with no fun at the end of the week must be grim.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
I cant be arsed to work it out exactly but its about 43 pennies.

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
cHodAX said:
.... I feel sorry for the poor bastards with kids who barely earn enough money to make ends meet, being a wage slave with no fun at the end of the week must be grim.

Don't, its alot better than you can imagine. Example, last month I had £40 to go out on the raz (more than enough for me). Instead I bought my seven year old son the new MUFC top. The joy on his face was priceless and far better than a night out.

Thing is once you have kids your priorities change in life and you stop being a self centred/obsessed individual whose only source of joy each week is to get pissed/stonered.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
GDW said:
Don't, its alot better than you can imagine. Example, last month I had £40 to go out on the raz (more than enough for me). Instead I bought my seven year old son the new MUFC top. The joy on his face was priceless and far better than a night out.

Thing is once you have kids your priorities change in life and you stop being a self centred/obsessed individual whose only source of joy each week is to get pissed/stonered.

Thats only up to the point when your kid doesnt want anything to do with you and becomes that self centred/obsessed individual whose only source of joy each week is to get pissed/stonered and avoid his grumpy old man....

throdgrain

FH is my second home
GDW said:

Well said mate, its a different world.

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
dysfunction said:
Thats only up to the point when your kid doesnt want anything to do with you and becomes that self centred/obsessed individual whose only source of joy each week is to get pissed/stonered and avoid his grumpy old man....

At which stage I will take up fishing and smoking of the pipe:)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
After the bank takes it's share...

I need around 200 euro to make rent.

Got fired out of my job and getting screwed by the goverment "helpful" social departments.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
GDW said:

This is true. You become a self-righteous pompous arsehole instead who thinks they're a better person cos their johnny failed them one night. I'd take self obsession any day of the week.

Mofo8

Fledgling Freddie
Munkey said:
If i had to spend money on petrol, I'd have no money left. Bloody rip-off. Just starting independent life mofo8?

No :) Switching my bank though,and in the process having a good hard look at where my money goes each month. Luckily the mrtgage and car loan are the only 2 debts I have.... no credit card debt or other loans.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
GDW said:
At which stage I will take up fishing and smoking of the pipe:)

you forget dedicated beard growing ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Bodhi said:
This is true. You become a self-righteous pompous arsehole instead who thinks they're a better person cos their johnny failed them one night. I'd take self obsession any day of the week.

Lolomatic. :)

I wouldn't put it that way but I can't think of one example where a parent has managed to sell having kids as better than not having them. They moan about being tired, having no cash, getting no sex from the missus (who's too tired), being tied down by responsibility. When asked what they get out of it they say they can't explain it - but it's "great" :confused:

I know which side my bread's buttered. 8 more months of contracting and I'll have paid my house off (with a bit of luck), which ain't bad for a single 32 year old. <an unspecified time> after that I'll have saved enough cash to fuck off round the world for several years whilst someone else pays the mortgage on another house for me by renting my current one off me :cool:

The drawback? I've hardly spent a thing on myself in 3 years, I have to pay for my own training (expensive) and its 12 months to the day since I had a day off that wasn't a weekend or bank holiday. :(

If it wasn't for the g/f I'd get away with spending about 50 quid a week on food, fuel and going out but because women are genetically the black holes of money I reckon it's about 3 times that.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
GDW said:

I have no kids but I will take your word for it, nice to see someone who puts thier kids first :)

Sockstuff

Can't get enough of FH
After all essential monthly spends I have about 600 quids for playing with. Though most of that is put aside as savings.

Bodhi

Right thought I'd answer this one properly, cos it'll give you all a laugh.

After paying rent/creditcards/loans/phone bills/ntl I have about -£2.5 a week to spend from my main job, I get about 70 quid a week from my other one and that goes on everything else. About 30 quid of that goes on fuel, another 30 on cigs and the last tenner does food. Luckily I have lots of ways of getting free food, but it's still a bind. Hopefully I'll be able to come back to this thread after I get started with Vodafone and will be able to report having £100 a week to spend on me, might take a while tho. Basically at the moment cash-wise I am fucked right up shit creek without protection, but I'm getting by. Just wish I knew how I could afford to pay council tax...........

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
Bodhi said:

Im sorry for you that your father is like that...but with a son like you , maybe he can be forgiven;)

Rubric

Part of the furniture
After rent and all bills have
£100 food/eseentials
£20 Petrol
£0 Anything else.

I have 2 kids and a tax credit overpayment.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
hmm

i get paid on average £900+ a month

£100 board
£50 car insruance
£35 phone bill

thats basicaly all my fixed out going and takes me down to £715

then we have stuff like fuel costs, which is prolly about £50/month at the mo

so i roughly have £650 to spend each month divded by 4 = £160 per week to spend, which i do with ease. kinda scary

Bodhi

GDW said:
Im sorry for you that your father is like that...but with a son like you , maybe he can be forgiven;)

Ha. I'm rubber you're glue and all that.......

leggy

Probably Scottish
Less than I'd like but more than enough to enjoy a few nights out.

Until I get a company car I seem to spend it all on keeping the oil in my current motor. That and holding the bugger together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom