How much is your house worth?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So, question, if people could live anywhere, where would they live?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
North Wales. Lovely country and by the sea as well. Around Conwy I guess but not Llandudno.

Southern England is just boring.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Italy or British Columbia. New Zealand would up there but its just too far away.

North Wales. Lovely country and by the sea as well. Around Conwy I guess but not Llandudno.

Southern England is just boring.

I lived on Anglesey when I was a kid (5-12). It was a fantastic place to be a little kid, probably a terrible place to be a teenager, and would probably be rather nice now I'm a parent again. But once again, the work thing is the problem.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I paid £68k for mine in 2001, there haven't been any similar sales for a couple of years but before things went tits up it was probably worth about £140k, so now it's worth a bit more than that. It's difficult to tell since most of the houses here are fairly standard, while I'm in the middle of a bit of modernising that should add significantly to its value. A bigger house on the same street, 50 yards away, recently went for £220k - but that's been really nicely done inside.

I'm not interested in moving yet anyway. If I did, I fancy Todmorden - houses there are quite cheap and the views are stunning. Internet is a bit shit though.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Our flat is worth about 650 a month, as we haven't bothered with all that grown up mortgage nonsense, and just rent for now. I'm sure this may change in the future, but at the moment we are happy with renting. Whilst it would be nice to own and build up some equity, it's also nice not to have to worry about any extra bills for maintenance or DIY - if something breaks, we call the letting agent and get them to fix it. We are outgrowing it slightly, as rather than save for a deposit we buy Blurays, shoes, gadgets and all sorts of other useless tat, so our little 2 bed is running out of space - plus I have started working from home a lot, so really could do with a proper office.

Ideally I'd probably live in Holland, or Carpenteria in California. Our head office is just up the road in Santa Barbara, but Carpenteria is a bit more reasonably priced, and had the single greatest microbrewery in the world (The Island Brewery just by the train tracks if anyone knows the area).

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
at the moment we are happy with renting
I just don't get it. That's 650 a month you could be putting a big brick savings account. In terms of diy/fixing things it's negligable.

I bought as soon as I could. I couldn't stand pissing the money away tbh.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I just don't get it. That's 650 a month you could be putting a big brick savings account. In terms of diy/fixing things it's negligable.

I bought as soon as I could. I couldn't stand pissing the money away tbh.
Aye I bouht mine as soon as I got a decent job out of uni. Wasn't going to waste money paying someone else's mortgage off for them.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Probably vegas or other 24/7 cities. I like finland though, everything works for me here.
Ewwww couldn't think of anything worse than Vegas. Stuck in the middle of a hot dusty desert with loads of sweaty Americans.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Rent is £1500 p/m for a 3 bed flat in Zone 2. Bargain.
Not into flats. Lived in one once and didn't like it. Don't like people walking over my head and having to go out out to be not inside rather than just in the garden did my head in.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Not into flats. Lived in one once and didn't like it. Don't like people walking over my head and having to go out out to be not inside rather than just in the garden did my head in.
its a top floor flat and the outside is for normies so it's ok for me

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
North Cornwall for..OK it's where I grew up but it attracts the right crowd...awesome beaches..enough sun and endless cosy pubs.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Anyone lived in Ludlow? Seems nice.
It's a bit like the Cotswolds tbh, but you have to becareful not to get caught up in the traffic through the city.

It's probably quicker to get a horse.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I'm gonna be living in a share house in central Kyoto soon. It's about £320 a month. Will make a change from boring Hampshire.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
how long you there for Mooselar? I'm intending to visit Japan next year. @leggy and I once had half a plan to casually meet up in Tokyo.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Rent is £1500 p/m for a 3 bed flat in Zone 2. Bargain.

Or you could buy, and that'd be money you save for your retirement every month.

Don't get me wrong - I rent my house out to a young couple who are due to sprog the second time in a few weeks. Lovely. Feel bad taking their money off them - if they had their heads screwed on right they'd be spending their rent on buying the house next door that's for sale...

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Don't get me wrong - I rent my house out to a young couple who are due to sprog the second time in a few weeks. Lovely. Feel bad taking their money off them - if they had their heads screwed on right they'd be spending their rent on buying the house next door that's for sale...
So you don't feel that bad then... :)

mooSe_

FH is my second home
how long you there for Mooselar? I'm intending to visit Japan next year. @leggy and I once had half a plan to casually meet up in Tokyo.

At least 6 months, possibly longer. I've enrolled in a Japanese language school for 6 months, but my student visa is for a year. If I really like it there maybe I'll stay longer and try to find a job. GF is Japanese and has just returned there after her UK student visa expired, but I think she's eager to get out of Japan again so maybe we won't stay there too long. Just gonna see how it goes.

If I'm still there when you arrive I can hook you up with all the locations of used underwear vending machines and cuddle cafes.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Love to go to Japan, but living there doesnt appeal, if we are talking international it would have to be California.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So you don't feel that bad then... :)

Life choices. At the end of the day I've still got bills to pay myself.

I could be the sort of landlord who doesn't give a shit. But I'm not. I understand that people have their own lives and factor that into my thinking.

Thats why when they asked for a new fence to replace an old but serviceable one they had it less than a week later and why I put a new kitchen in for the old tenant...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

Are you planning on selling that house, or is it just a "for now for rent" type of thing? Could always offer to sell to them.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
If I'm still there when you arrive I can hook you up with all the locations of used underwear vending machines and cuddle cafes.

I....you....yes! YES! A THOUSAND TIMES YES!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom