would be cool if someone allready figured out what is best to buy for salvage

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
I know that Aurulite is worth 1gp per piece, so im guessing its more :<

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Penlid said:
I know that Aurulite is worth 1gp per piece, so im guessing its more :<

Speaking from the pov of a lowbie leveling up aurelite should be worth a shit load less .. like a lvl30 suit would cost over 1plat (if u convert aurelite to money). Didnt have anywhere near that amount of cash (or aurelite) leveling to 30 ;o

Elvo^Rylu

Fledgling Freddie
aurulite's are not like DF seals.

They salvage for ~13 silver each.

They sell for 1g each due to the nice items you can buy for them. not for their salvage value.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
A level 30 spellcrafted set of plate (99% quality) would cost about 200g on average for the armour itself and about 70g for the weapons. Add some enchanting to the armour (55% of the original price by a spellcrafter), spellcrafting, etc. and its far cheaper than buying Aurulite for 1g a piece.

A 99% spellcrafted set can usually give you max melee resists, hitpoints, stats. An Aurulite set will never do this (from what I've seen). I've taken the most expensive armour (plate) for the above costs, chain/studded/leather/cloth will be cheaper, especially cloth.

Some of the jewellery/rings/bracers may be useful though. However I'm quite happy with my level 20 armour with max resists/stats on my Heretic. :p

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
old.windforce said:
if you salvage the items you buy from it

would be cool if someone allready figured out what is best to buy for salvage
It's not like DF seals though, you need loads of it to get the high level gear that'll salvage for decent material types. 600 odd pieces for the average bit of armour is a lot of farming especially as the drop rate doesn't seem to be as consistent as DF seals. For cash over time with a crafter DF or AC is better than Aurulite salvage.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
tbh on the arurlite stuff seems better for filling holes in jewlery like if you got some old drops you not cleared. Not tried it for pve purposes but toa rog is normally decent enough for filling that.

Salvage purposes i wouldnt say you get enough from the armour although i susppose its still free .

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
i did the instance in corus the other day and got about 700-900 of these pretty fast. focus pulling yellows. tho as said they dont work as for df seals (wich i think is good as df had a bad effect on the economy and if this worked the same way things whould go even worse) some of the lvl45~ gear wich is the highest is actually worth using tho as some of the items has pretty decent stat caps.

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
Only said it was 1gold each as thats the value it sells for on US :)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
The auralite breastplates look similar to GoV if you bleach them (at least the L30 one does). :)

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
hmm how much of this stuff will i need for a full set of say lvl 10 stufF? PLEASE say theres lvl 10 stuff of this auralite armor? i heard the instances start at kinda low lvls and jane told me her lvl 13 vamp has been to a instance so :D...

how hard will it b for some1 starting with nothing 2 get a full set of the early lvl stuff? :)

also - i think the whole idea that this stuff salvages for shit money is good as it will benefit the economy :)

Sun_Tzu

Fledgling Freddie
Darksword said:
hmm how much of this stuff will i need for a full set of say lvl 10 stufF? PLEASE say theres lvl 10 stuff of this auralite armor? i heard the instances start at kinda low lvls and jane told me her lvl 13 vamp has been to a instance so :D...

how hard will it b for some1 starting with nothing 2 get a full set of the early lvl stuff? :)

also - i think the whole idea that this stuff salvages for shit money is good as it will benefit the economy :)

I purchased a level 10 set of aurulite gear for maybe...30-40 pieces. There are instances for lowbies (the early one in the veil rift has yellows to about level 12, and drops 1 aurulite sometimes). The muire tomb instances (which are designed for 4x level 14s and 15s), drop aurulite in packs of five - farmed there for my vamp's level 20 armor price.

Just be careful in the instances near the end - the one in the veil rift had some lady who nearly killed me even though she was yellow (unresistable 5s paralysis, about 4 times), and the one in muire had a red con to 18 boss in it, which i didn't bother trying.

Jacilja

Fledgling Freddie
Tested lastnight, as 42 vamp i made 150+ aurulite in 6 mins, so 1g each is just bloody stupid, they drop in stacks of 15 :p

1g per piece is just pure simple greed, would meen i already spent about 4-5p on my vamp lol, there so easy to get, we avarage 900-1000 a trip :p

lev 45 leather vest has 2 seahorses on front, kinda sad Mythic didnt bother to make it look unique, after all why would the people of catacombs embelish there armour to look like sea creatures?

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Do more Chips drop from higher level mob/instances?

As it was like every 1-3 mobs I gained 1 from a low level instance.

Blow

Fledgling Freddie
hunted about 20.000 of them, bought some items for it, rest im thinking of putting for 50 silver a piece or lower

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Myself + 3 guildies did the Unrestful Tomb instance in the NW corner of Deadlands Of Annwn...came out with like 250+ Aur each, plus shedloads of cash and nice drops from the Instance boss. Can still get decent amounts of Aur form lower-lvl mobs, the drop rate doesn't seem to diminish as much as you might expect according to mob level...so take a tooled-up lvl 50 into an Instance where all mobs are green and come out encumbered with Aur :D

York

Fledgling Freddie
old.windforce said:
well sold 660 pieces for 660 gold (on camlann)
omg thats insane

we need to set a price on this before bread costs 200plat!

i vote 20s per.

Funkybunny

Banned
York said:
omg thats insane

we need to set a price on this before bread costs 200plat!

i vote 20s per.
20s each is a decent price.. imo get a mod to put up a vote about it... starting at 10s jump 5s each up to 1g... and let the public vote about it... then put info about the vote in /as and whatever...

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
Funkybunny said:
20s each is a decent price.. imo get a mod to put up a vote about it... starting at 10s jump 5s each up to 1g... and let the public vote about it... then put info about the vote in /as and whatever...
... and people will still try to sell it for what they want, and people will still pay what they are willing to pay.

If there's enough of it flooding the market, price will be low. If demand is high, price will be high. That's the way commerce works, having a public vote about it doesn't work, or I'd be voting that PSPs be released and sold for £5.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
1g is a pretty good round about figure, seeing as the bg stuff costs around 50 aur for an item, thats not tooooo bad really

meerclar

Can't get enough of FH
saw some aurulite on a CM, the greedy owner was asking 1plat for 200 pieces !!!!
:eek6:

Elvo^Rylu

Fledgling Freddie
meerclar said:
saw some aurulite on a CM, the greedy owner was asking 1plat for 200 pieces !!!!
:eek6:

hehe, think that was me.

Was just putting them on my CM for storage, but thought if someone would pay 1p for them, then i might as well sell them :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Elvo^Rylu said:
hehe, think that was me.

Was just putting them on my CM for storage, but thought if someone would pay 1p for them, then i might as well sell them :)

u know. if u just wanna use the CM as a storage u dont have to put a pricetag on the items anyway. and having those prices on stuff like that just gives u a bad rep and ppl wont buy from u coz they think ur over charging them always :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
old.windforce said:
well sold 660 pieces for 660 gold (on camlann)

well. it doesent surprise me. the ppl on camlann is insane anyway and they pay whatever ppl ask for no reason. think iy have something to do with the "u either pay this price or im gonna get my ubar 1337 guild to chain gank u" or something... :p

York

Fledgling Freddie
VidX said:
... and people will still try to sell it for what they want, and people will still pay what they are willing to pay.

Thats true for the most part but seals have a set price based on salvage, imo it should be extended to aurulite but ive a feeling 20s would be a bit high compared to the amount of aurulite you need/seals you need for 1 item.

If i wasnt so damn busy with uni this week i would check to see what the deal is with salvage, maybe next week unless someone beats me to it.

York

Fledgling Freddie
ok checked this based on a lvl 50 suit:

For the armour only (chest,sleeves,legs,helm,gloves,boots)
is: 3276 aurulite
(1g per=3p 276g/20s per=655g)

for the weapons (shield,weapon)
is: 1092 aurulite
(1g per=1p 92g/20s per=218g)

for jewelry (jewel, wrist x2, ring x2, belt, cloak, necklace)
is: 4732 aurulite
(1g per=4p 732g/20s per=946g)

for a complete suit (everything above)
is: 9100 aurulite
(1g per=9p 100g/20s per=1p 820g)

I just cant get my head round why someone would be willing to pay almost 10p for a suit thats just not that good, there is better armour for much cheaper.

ps. i rounded the numbers off on 20s per.

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
windforces 1g/item was on Camlann where aurelite is harder to farm as anyone can enter your instance (as its the only instance) and gank you ;o

The lvl50 armour is crap .. some of the jewlery isnt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom