How many plat on one char??

C

ChillyDawg

as i said before, i use Mithril coins as paperweights, theyr not very good, i find 'keen heads to teh job better, but who cares ,)

E

ethiraseth

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
149p 999g 999s 99c

for now

and after you get 1 more copper your money will be reset to 0p 0g 0s 0c and you can start the fun of mobhunting for money start all over again :p

K

kathal_tdd

Originally posted by Pandemic
its 1c off 150p. just dump ur cash in lots of 100p onto cash slaves and leave the remaining p as pocket money thats what i do :)

just dont delete any of these cash slaves that would be bad.
Hehe. I have about 220P so I asked a RL friend to hold 100P for me in case of some lame hacker. He had it on a cash slaves and was VERY close to deleting the char and creating a new in the char slot.
I had one holding a shitload of Malmo /salvage drops one time. He deleted the char with Vault and inventory stuffed. That was a lot of P's. I could kill him at that point. After a little battle with Goa he got the char restored and we got all our sweet loot back.

I

i-scream

Originally posted by Randalff
did u even red the topic ?
Yes, the topic is "How many Ps can one char have, and apparently you did not understand what Mythic writes.

Well Mythic says (i quote) "You carry money in five denominations: copper, silver, gold, platinum and mithril."

If they say "you can carry mithril", it means you can have at least 1 M, which is 1.000 G like they say in the same topic.

I hope it's more clear now.

(and I know it's limited to 249G...etc, I only wanted to give you the information Mythic gives to all the DAOC players and which should be correct of course)

R

Randalff

Originally posted by i-scream
Yes, the topic is "How many Ps can one char have, and apparently you did not understand what Mythic writes.

Well Mythic says (i quote) "You carry money in five denominations: copper, silver, gold, platinum and mithril."

If they say "you can carry mithril", it means you can have at least 1 M, which is 1.000 G like they say in the same topic.

I hope it's more clear now.

(and I know it's limited to 249G...etc, I only wanted to give you the information Mythic gives to all the DAOC players and which should be correct of course)

most of us in this thread are pretty "die hard" players... but this topic is about the hard cap which is atm 149p 999g 99s 99c.
we all know how much gold is a plat and how much plat should be an mithril. but that ain't the question. it was about the hard cap. so your post only gave information 99% of us already know, that's why i wondered if u even red the topic.

I

i-scream

The thing I pointed out is that Mythic says it should be at least 1M, but the max is in reality only 149P....

Just like Mythic said Jewelcrafting would be available in 2002 and it still is not.
http://www.camelotherald.com/documentation/spellcraft/

My point of view is that Mythic should give corect information. If they, developpers of the game, are not able to give us correct informatinon, who else is.

My sarcasm was not understood by you, that's all.

O

old.Alliandre

Originally posted by driwen
because that would mean they need to increase the size their money counter can go to. Atm for 200 plat is only needs to be 32 bits (actually 31 and being able to go negative for some reason so -214plat to +214 plat), that is slightly guesswork. However 214 plat which seems to be the games true max (by selling stuff to merchant you can get to 214 plat before the game bugs on you) and thats 31 bits. So to go to 1 mithril they would probably need to increase their variable for money to a 64 bit number (in programming language I know there is a 32 bit and a 64 bit size for variable nothing in between), which might mean that the game will be slower for some reason. So why have 1 mithril when almost no one will ever use it ;). There are probably around 20 people per server who have above 100 plat and with housing that will decrease or atleast for a short time.

2 bytes (16 bits) is -214 to +214. 4 bytes (32 bits) goes up into thousands (can't remember the number off hand). Another 2 bytes won't slow the game down noticably for a human. It's more likely to be to stop bug abuse, etc. as mentioned before.

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by old.Alliandre
2 bytes (16 bits) is -214 to +214. 4 bytes (32 bits) goes up into thousands (can't remember the number off hand). Another 2 bytes won't slow the game down noticably for a human. It's more likely to be to stop bug abuse, etc. as mentioned before.

Back to school liddul ones :p

2 bytes ( 16 bits, aka a 'word' ) is 0 - 65,535. You don't want to lose 32,768 value just to interpret negative numbers ( aka interpret it as a signed value ) when you're talking about currency.

4 bytes ( 32 bits, aka a 'doubleword' or dword ) is 0 - 4,294,967,295, for same reasons as above.

This would give a hard cap of:

429p 496g 72s 95c if they're using a single dword for the cash. ( once again, since it's pointless to use a signed dword for cash )

O

old.Tohtori

I say the cap is at 100g. Every time i get near it, my character runs to a store and buys silly stuff like enamel, new armor or weapons and i'm down to 10g again.

EDIT: Don't worry, Teh Seel is just visiting here :p

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
I say the cap is at 100g. Every time i get near it, my character runs to a store and buys silly stuff like enamel, new armor or weapons and i'm down to 10g again.

EDIT: Don't worry, Teh Seel is just visiting here :p
Hehe, a guildie was always moaning how little cash he had.

Turns out he had bought enamel ( and only enamel ) for about 6 platina. ( this was for his first lvl 50 )

O

old.Alliandre

Originally posted by Whisperess
Back to school liddul ones :p

2 bytes ( 16 bits, aka a 'word' ) is 0 - 65,535. You don't want to lose 32,768 value just to interpret negative numbers ( aka interpret it as a signed value ) when you're talking about currency.

4 bytes ( 32 bits, aka a 'doubleword' or dword ) is 0 - 4,294,967,295, for same reasons as above.

My mistake. Was thinking about 1 byte and 2 bytes :rolleyes:

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by old.Alliandre
My mistake. Was thinking about 1 byte and 2 bytes :rolleyes:

1 byte is still 0 - 255 though, or -128 to 127 if you insist of interpreting it as a signed :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom