How many people still play cossacks?

S

SNR

I'm a long time cossacks player and I still play now whilst eagerly awaiting american conquest. I work over at the popular heavengames network sites and if anyone ever wants a game give me a shout :D

S

SNR

I still play and am eagerly anticipating Cossacks II :D

K

Kurik BHM

i tested the game.... whacked a mate in LAN... but thats about it..
game wasnt THAT fun.

C

Custodian

I am still happily playing random maps on the free demo :)

S

SNR

Pick up back to war which contains the game and it's 2 expansion packs for £20 :D It also has MOD1 on the CD which is used widely across the community :D

S

SNR

Well buy the damn game then it is seriously awesome :D American Conquest uses an updated version of the Cossacks engine but the gameplay isn't really great. Personally I can't wait until Cossacks II ;D

M

~Mobius~

It looked really nice it just doesn't offer much that is different from any other Strategy, the whole genre is flooded with identical looking games. Plus it had that fog of war thing which I really detest.

L

Louster

Originally posted by ~Mobius~
It looked really nice it just doesn't offer much that is different from any other Strategy, the whole genre is flooded with identical looking games. Plus it had that fog of war thing which I really detest.

Uhm, well it DID offer the ability to produce thousands upon thousands of units at once, literally. Huge armies waging huge wars is pretty neat. And almost every other strategy game has really lame, pointless unit limits. And the fog of war is removable by researching one of the load of upgrades that're available, and you can have that upgrade enabled by default and stuff, so whatever.

S

SNR

*dances*

Another Cossacks fan :D We are so thin on the ground these days. Looking forward to C2?

C

Custodian

I played 3 random maps on the demo today.
Am I a fan :}

C

CaptB=PM=

Cossacks

Im still addicted to Cossacks. Although i play it mainly against lads i work with over the net.

S

SNR

Many people haven't heard of the game as it was the first game from a small Ukranian developer. The same developer of Stalker :D

S

sirexairman

Always loved to play it but lost the CD ages ago and never got to play it again ..

Battleships were SO cool constant firing ;)

I am a true believer

S

SNR

Did you ever get one of the expansion packs? Back to war is a standalone one which features the new ships which were released in Art of War. There is a huge battleship twice the size of the ones in the original which fires huge volleys :D
The best thing to do with the X packs though is MOD1 that is seriously sweet.

B

barevoose

i used to play cossacks and the like until i was looking in a gamers amgazine once and saw DAOC (darka ges of camelot) almost exactly a year ago to date, it has been the one whole thing to change my life soly up to now forever the impact on my life has been drastic, as i do not know waht would have happened if i didnt get it, i do not know whether it would be for best or worst...so.

Users who are viewing this thread