How many of you...

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
Ive always wanted to be able to trade/talk to other realms while in game :D

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Asha said:
TBH flim I saw no. 3 happen far more than 1 or 2. In fact, I haven't seen either in over a year, but maybe I don't group with assholes. Don't think ppl get kicked, they just don't get asked back if they can't either take a suggestion or explain why they doing something another way so that everyone else is on the same page.

I've joined random groups and seen 1 and 2 both happen ;) (even in the same group at once)

Though I think I'm just being a cynical gimp and just don't notice when 3 happens since 1 and 2 are rather more in your face, 3 is what you expect normal people to be doing so when it happens you don't notice it.

You're probably right that 1 and 2 aren't anywhere near as common as 3, I just like a good whinge... Though if you play in pickup groups with random people thrown together there'll be more of 1 and 2 than in a guild group I expect (though even in guilds you'll get tension and I think it's probably worse when you do?) or a handpicked group of people you know.

Was meaning more people /disband themselves rather than get kicked ;) though I guess if the group leader is involved there might be kicking.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
I've joined random groups and seen 1 and 2 both happen (even in the same group at once)
Do good players play in random groups? The first thing you learn is don't play in random groups ^^ I still think you're talking about assholes who think they know everything and not "experienced" players. I hate the word leet. If someone kicks you or talks to you like shit, well I personally wouldn't spend a second worrying about them.
Actually ppl in Alb/Excal are pretty nice, I learned that fast playing L2 which seems to be populated with assholes and bigger assholes.

Grymdaal

Fledgling Freddie
hehe i still recall the time i was duo'd with a sorc in Df with my Friar and wed mezzed 2fg of charging mids and he started to try to own them all with body dd's and then shouted at me and asked where i was going....when i kindly pointed out theyd purged his mez...and he was like wtf j00 n00b dint run away...i can own em all... yeah right... :eek6:

I always make a habit of asking the grp leader of any RvR grp i join what role he wants me to take...i usually suggest hanging back with Guard on Healer and nuking with dd's to interupt other support classes.. but often if you dont ask and do something they dont expect theyre like all wtf youll never grp with me again etc etc.. always safer to dbl check, theres nothing n00bish about asking what role the grp wants u to fill if you a hybrid

behatch

Fledgling Freddie
gunner440 said:
1. lol
2. yeah and what would be the fun of a casual player having the same advantages as someone who does nothing but rvr
3. why is it the 'veterans' as you put it have to teach? its more like the novices have to learn
4. lol

and the thing about resetting the relic status.... (?) wtf

sounds like someone's a sore loser

i agree there,who the hells want rr10 when rr5 can be just as strong :x

and yeah the fun point in being a noob is learning new things which excite you(sorta xD) not being tought a game lol,sure show them a few things too improve by all means but teech sounds more like,this is lesson one and today we will be learing how to get pwned by hibs xD

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
rvn said:
4. remove relics for less whine .

Yeah, and remove keeps. And gaurds. And realm ranks. And give everyone guns. And only allow 1fg vs 1fg at any time. Then change the name to Counter-Strike! ;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Asha said:
Do good players play in random groups? The first thing you learn is don't play in random groups ^^ I still think you're talking about assholes who think they know everything and not "experienced" players. I hate the word leet. If someone kicks you or talks to you like shit, well I personally wouldn't spend a second worrying about them.
Actually ppl in Alb/Excal are pretty nice, I learned that fast playing L2 which seems to be populated with assholes and bigger assholes.

indeed - I guess I wasn't obvious with the quote marks around "vet" and "noob" meaning that they're not really vets or noobs...

aye alb/excal has a terrible reputation that for the most part is undeserved.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
with regards to the noob/veteran i meant no disrespect to either side

but..

as asha said... how do the 'veterans' learn how to play? read the manual? (rofl)

easiest way i think is through experience and not repeating mistakes

e.g. groupleader having to repeatedly say stick in /g and sooner or later the rest stick up without having to be told to do so..

and i dont see anywhere the responsibility of the 'veterans' to teach the 'novices' how to play. everyone started the game at an equal level.. cd and manual and how fast they progress is purely up to them

<---- novice and proud !

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Crimson LoneWolf said:
2) The gap between high and low realm rank was lower

frankly realm rank doesnt mean all that much, sure a few RA's are essential for a class to have, det, purge, GP, sos, bof, PR etc but aside from them its down to experiance of your class which can only be gained by playing it in challenging situations. my hero is only fairly low RR yet i can kill any RR enemy. there is very little skill in most rvr just do's and dont's, though ofc to excel you do need to have something, look at NP or DH. mmorpg's are designed to reward you for the time you put in, thats the point, if you want a game that everyone is equal then daoc is not the game for you. Mythic can balance (or not most of the time) classes and RA's but they cant balance peoples play time, it would be crap if they did.

Buffer

Fledgling Freddie
As for veterans teaching the less experienced players.
It all depends if they are prepared to listen, pve or rvr

eg. 5 of us in group in dodens, i pull healer mezzes adds. I attack first mob, 2nd tank assists me, thane promptly runs round and hits each mezzed mob once breaking mezz while screaming PROTECT HEALERS FFS. Healer/shaman in group did some unpaid overtime keeping us alive.Thankfully we lived.

I then told said thane, please do not break mezz, attack the mob i hit , etc....
he agreed to do this

So I pull again, healer mezzes adds, lo and behold the thane does the same thing.

Some people will never learn or listen. We all make mistakes, mistakes i dont mind(they are often quite funny) but refusing to learn from mistakes and repeating the same errors over and over again is v annoying

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom