How many of you...

Crimson LoneWolf

Fledgling Freddie
does actually feel that RvR would/could be more fun and challenging if ->

1) It was possible for all 3 realms to agree about a set timezone in which RR's would be attempted

2) The gap between high and low realm rank was lower

3) The veteran's used their knowledge about RvR to teach the novice's how to perform better

4) There were no possible ways of giving important and secret information to the players in the enemy realms.

I've done my part inspiring hatred and anger, so i think its about time i focus on more positive and constructive things. I do hope that the spirit in which i wrote this post will be reflected in later replies of said post.

Oh, one last suggestion -> What would all 3 realms say if we decided to let all the relics return to the realms where they belong and start the RR's all over? (cough)

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
1) mids cant raid earlyer then 2am later then 9am.
2)it will be whit NF :> to some point.
3)wont work as most ppl are to retarded or dont have enough time to spend to preform good,or just cba cause they are roleplayers
4)Impossibel. sad but true.

Oh, one last suggestion -> What would all 3 realms say if we decided to let all the relics return to the realms where they belong and start the RR's all over? (cough)
wont happen xD
and albs will have the relics in a few days anyway. fighting over relics is fun...

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
According to Herald (sure i read it there somewhere), relics get reset when NF comes out so we start from "level playing field)

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
1) not every1 will agree
2) not gonna change
3) many novices are idiots who cba or have the 'dont tell me how to play my class'crap
4) impossible cuz of irc and stuff :p

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
1. lol
2. yeah and what would be the fun of a casual player having the same advantages as someone who does nothing but rvr
3. why is it the 'veterans' as you put it have to teach? its more like the novices have to learn
4. lol

and the thing about resetting the relic status.... (?) wtf

sounds like someone's a sore loser

Heath

Fledgling Freddie
I dont agree with number 1 though, i work nights and some real dodgy hours...so does it mean i am gonna either miss all the fun and RP getting, or have to change my job just cos it doesnt fit in with the "proper" time limit. As people have said before..i pay for a 24/7 game ..i shall play a 24/7 game...that is why i bought it, fits in with my lifestyle....not the other way around.

As for the rest of the ideas....very very nice, especially about the wrongful changing of information to screw up RR. As, for the relics going back to owners...that would show a massive set of bollocks by every realm to do. So, i cant see that happening. Would be a fantastic idea though, as we could see who then decides to use "underhanded" methods to get them back, ie..Shrooms, Engage and Alarmclock raids.

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
1. You expect the wannabeuber fotm brats that plague midgard to stick to any kind of agreement requiring honour and/or integrity?

Don't be silly. Ardamal and co will continue to bitch, scream and whine every time a relic attempt is made on mid, and then use any and ever tactic they've ever whined about to attempt retakes - which of course if they fail is down to 'spies'.

Heath

Fledgling Freddie
gunner440 said:
1. lol
2. yeah and what would be the fun of a casual player having the same advantages as someone who does nothing but rvr
3. why is it the 'veterans' as you put it have to teach? its more like the novices have to learn
4. lol

sounds like someone's a sore loser

1..i agree with Gunner :eek6:
2..would give the "casual" player a better incentive to RvR more.
3..and just how the fook is the novice gonna learn if somebody doesnt teach them ???...schools would look pretty stupid if the kids tried to learn for themselves with trial and error !.
4..1 agree with Crimson

and why the sore loser??....to be able to swallow your pride and say "wipe the slate clean and start again" is neither sore, nor losing. But a step in the right direction to bring a bit of respect for all realms and players in the game.

Amadon

Fledgling Freddie
gunner440 said:
well presumably the person who does nothing but rvr would have more experience and be able to react to situations quicker and better, thus giving them a natural advantage as opposed to the artificial one which realm abilities create
chicken egg etc
it's going to happen anyway in NF

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
gunner440 said:
1. lol

erm, you learn a lot faster if someone is prepared to teach you :)

But to be honest, I've always found that if you ask a sensible question the vast majority of so-called "leet" players will give you a sensible answer. In fact, if you post something here asking something about how to play your character/group better, it's usually the "leet" players who'll give you reasonable answers. It's the ones that *think* they're good (but aren't) who'll call you a noob etc.

Hendrich

Fledgling Freddie
I agree to part of it but as everyone else knows, this will never happen.

Yes reseting of the relics or giving the relics back to the other realms would be a good idea if all realms made the following rules and stuck by it

1. Hibs no massive shroom zerg

2. Mids no Alarm clock raids

3. Albs no engage tactic or alarm clock raids.

Until all realms agreed to such tactics/exploits or what every else people want to call them, this will never work and as Heath pointed out, this is a 24/7 game.

As far as Vets teaching novices how to RvR.... that may happen and could happen and is a good idea. In reality thou this is what you hear.... F**** Noob dont know how to ****** instead when that person could reply with Hey I see you did something wrong, here is where you made the mistake, here is how you fix it.

As you all know this is a game and we have to live with the rudeness of other players, unlike in real life where there are laws governing them.

Grymdaal

Fledgling Freddie
Crimson LoneWolf said:

1) It was possible for all 3 realms to agree about a set timezone in which RR's would be attempted

3) The veteran's used their knowledge about RvR to teach the novice's how to perform better

4) There were no possible ways of giving important and secret information to the players in the enemy realms.

1. no
2. no
3. yes
4. yes

Angara

Fledgling Freddie
Uff, thought we would be done with relic threads now...guess not :eek6:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
"noob" does something wrong...

"vet": omg j00 suxx! /disband

probably happens more than

"vet": hrm how about doing XX next time?

"noob": omg j00 suxx! don't tell me what to do! /disband

which happens a hell of a lot more than:

"noob": coo didn't think about that - thanks.

However if you ask someone who knows what they're doing a question then the ones that actually know what they're doing usually tend to respond nicely (unless you're the 991231324th person to ask them that question today).

You do get the e-peen-preening numbknuts that when asked a sensible question:
[Chat] Someone: how does xyz work?
/c OMG j00 DONT KNOW THAT?! LOL OMG!! LOL!!!! WTF YOU DOING IN EMAIN GO BACK TO PRYDWEN AND ROLEPLAY!!! LOL OMG QQ!!11
/send otherdude so how does xyz work again?

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
1) Unfortunately, the world isdivided into different timezones and as if that wasn´t enough already, there are people who can spend more time online than others.

2) Advantages for higher RR`s are a normal thing because that´s what people are playing for. If lvl 50 means "that´s aproximately IT", then people won´t have any motivation to RvR.

3) People who´re willing to listen will always get a chance to learn. People who think that they´re uber because they´ve hit BG1 rp cap with 5 different chars won´t.

4) How? Forbid telephones? Ban irc? Delete Outlook on every PC?

acei

Fledgling Freddie
1. A similar thing to this was setup.. Midgard betrayed it.

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
the people who listen have probably transcened from the noob stage of developement and ur left with the noobs who dont listen who are the noob base, exception to this being new players etc.

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Crimson LoneWolf said:

1. Will not work.
2. No.
3. I hope this is already going on.
4. Can't be done.

5. Relics will be resetted in New Frontiers.

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Crimson LoneWolf said:

1) It was possible for all 3 realms to agree about a set timezone in which RR's would be attempted - Never gonna last so why even try. people play this game for fun and if some ppl think it's fun to take the relics when there's less then 200 ppl online so be it and vice versa.

2) The gap between high and low realm rank was lower - don't know what or how you mean so??
3) The veteran's used their knowledge about RvR to teach the novice's how to perform better - Some do and some don't. best way is to experience things for yourself, that way you learn to play. I mean you bought the game and you want to learn how to play your own char. nobody should tell you how to play your char.

4) There were no possible ways of giving important and secret information to the players in the enemy realms. - Easy fixed if we go back to the way it was early in the game were you couldn't alt-tab out of the game at all and not allow windowed mode, ppl using Mirc and stuff won't get stopped. If the ppl using Mirc stopped telling what is goin on here and there i think it would result in more fun fights anyway.

Oh, one last suggestion -> What would all 3 realms say if we decided to let all the relics return to the realms where they belong and start the RR's all over? (cough) - They will be reset as soon as NF goes live.

my views in Underlined.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Heath said:
3..and just how the fook is the novice gonna learn if somebody doesnt teach them ???...schools would look pretty stupid if the kids tried to learn for themselves with trial and error !
Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but who taught the "leet" people how to play? It's a silly statement. Also, 90% of the time if you offer someone advice on these boards you get: I wasn't asking for advice on spec, I just wanna know the best weapon for my 2h paladin, etc. and ppl start getting personally insulted. In game, it's slightly different, but I wouldn't offer someone advice unless 1)they ask me or 2)they are grouped with me and pissing the rest of the group off. Not that I know anything worth telling other ppl :D

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
Quote:

"vet": omg j00 suxx! /disband

probably happens more than
Quote:

"noob": omg j00 suxx! don't tell me what to do! /disband

which happens a hell of a lot more than:

Quote:

"noob": coo didn't think about that - thanks.
TBH flim I saw no. 3 happen far more than 1 or 2. In fact, I haven't seen either in over a year, but maybe I don't group with assholes. Don't think ppl get kicked, they just don't get asked back if they can't either take a suggestion or explain why they doing something another way so that everyone else is on the same page.

Spear

Fledgling Freddie
Ive never understood why is there a harder chance for a lvl 10 player to hit a lvl 50 player?
With melee or with spells the lvl 10 player is already restricted to only hitting with low spells or weapons with low dps so why also add higher miss and resist rates as well?

This should have been changed back when the game was in beta imho and is the main reason why only lvl 50 chars can compete in frontier rvr.

Calo

Part of the furniture
acei said:
1. A similar thing to this was setup.. Midgard betrayed it.

and almost deleted daoc for this ?... no ? damn lets do it again !

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
1. Relic raids will never hold themselves to a time table, personally I feel midgard did nothing wrong last time they got them back as it was a response to the relic raid that was done on them. But then again, I've been part of ninja-relic raids too, and the thing you often think about during those raids is how 'evil' it is what your doing, how 'unfair' it is. What's worse, a RR that happens when only few participate and only few can defend (early morning / late night raids), or one that has no warning other then having alts at the relic keep day and night?

2. The gap between high rr and low rr players, most of the time, is only partially caused by ra's, often its more a result of knowing how to handle certain situations... ra's often help with that, no doubt, but give the same ra to less experienced players, and they wont win from the more experienced ones...

3. I will never tell someone how to play unless they ask me or if its ruining my gaming experience... I once told a minstrel that it might not be a good idea, as driver of a group, to stop once he sees enemies (because everyone stuck will be looking the otherway if they dont react fast enough), and he totally went beserk on me that I shouldnt tell him how to play... Its probably also one of the biggest reasons I dont like to play with 'random' people, guildies are much more open to suggestions on playstyle...

4. If it was up to me, I'd remove the 'cant understand' part of daoc all together, let us talk to our enemies, give them sends, etc... Ok, /who shouldnt work ofc, but sends? Why not... Would be fun, probably the reason why camlann appeals to some people... Spying would then take on a whole different meaning, because if money trades between realms would be allowed then too, spying could actually become a 'fun part' of the game ;) You'd get a tell from someone saying, I have valuable information which I'd be willing to share with you for 100p :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom