How many of you will go this year?

Jareth Spellfire

Fledgling Freddie
I will probably not, but i think there are a lot of people who will switch MMORPG to games like WoW (worlds of warcraft) etc...

So these questions i ask of you:

1. Will you leave? (if no, then skip the other questions)
2. Why will you leave?
3. Will you play another MMORPG and if so which one?

For GOA :

I think if you wish to keep the people ingame. You will have to satisfy them with more then just items that everybody can get and new places to go. Put new features in the classes individually because let's face it, people just love to expand their characters and to , what do they call it? "wtfpwn" ? You can probably never get the whole game totally balanced BUT if you atleast NOT nerf those classes, you will lose a hell of a lot less people!

Think about it people of GOA. I respect you all a great deal for making such a wonderfull game, but i dont think you want to lose the people who will (or might) post under here.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Haven't played for ages, probably won't start again. Wow might get the wow! from me for a while, probably die like every other Massivos i've started.

One thing, not GOA doing the shibangbang with the nerfbat, this be Mythic. Wurd.

Kaitlyn

One of Freddy's beloved
Yes
2. Why will you leave?
Played this game for so long mostly for the enjoyable company, and the joy I had playing with friendly and capable characters. Nowadays it seems to be full of disrespectful people who's greatest joy is to try and undermine others (Just my views , not necessarily true)
Yes, WoW, FF, DE, maybe Ryzom, this would be influenced on who joins which game as while I have met a huge amount of people I enjoy talking to and spending time with, unfortunately I have had the displeasure of also meeting a couple who if I met in the street i would have to physically stop myself from running and screaming in case their attitudes were contagious

Xplo

Banned
yes
2. Why will you leave?
daoc doest offer more then rp farming
WoW when it goes official

Salvion

One of Freddy's beloved
1. Yes ofc i will leave some day (but not now or any time soon) ;)

I still think this is and has been a great game even thou it can be improved and im some ways maybe have been "nerfed" but i still love it :)
but as ppl say all games have a beginning and a end and well just se how far this game lasts.

Solothores

Loyal Freddie
In my case everything depends on frontiers, if it works out I will stay, if not I will change inactive for the time being. No clue, if I ever would return, but I am no fan or neverism-flavoured statements, spent to much time into DAoC, for just deleting everything and thus turning all effort invested definitly pointless, if Mythic would come up with great stuff, why not re-activate and try again...

However, my next bet goes on Everquest2, but I highly doubt that there will be anything playable this year. And somehow I enjoy the breaks in between, there is so much other stuff to do, next to mmorpgs & work. :)

Cheers
Solo

Mishy

One of Freddy's beloved

Yes

2. Why will you leave?

Getting bored of DAoC

WoW

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
How many of you will go this year?

I've been several times this morning, does that count?

Chean

Fledgling Freddie
Will you leave?
Yep

Why will you leave?
Cuz i cba with this game anymore

Will you play another MMORPG and if so which one?
No never

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
Dunno yet, not very soon though. Maybe if TOA is crap. There isn't any other good looking games atm and tbh im not interested of WoW at all. Just dump cartoon graphics and flooded with 1337 kids who want to WtfpwnZ j00. :m00:

Graknak

Fledgling Freddie
1. Will you leave?
No
2. Why won't you leave?
Because i've spend to much time in this game making it not worth it killing the account
Yes, but prob not WoW as Lego is to Duplo what DAoC is to WoW. Might go for Ultima X/Lineage2/EQ2/Matrix Online/Priest(if they ever cba to continue the English translation)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
1) Yes.

2) RL sadly and a few things in game combined. Might come back, don't know. I don't have the will to build up Fed for the 3rd time so have passed the baton to Addlcove, who I believe to have the determination, personality and wit to do it, even though he has a few rough edges, but then, who doesn't ;)

Frontiers is desperately needed for DAoC, I think Mythic badly underestimated the need for it and so goofed the order in which they were doing things for the sake of a few bucks.

Any return to DAoC depends on a few things in RL in next month or 2, and maybe the game itself. I'm not quitting because I'm fed up with it - I still love playing and I really like the Mid/Pryd players. I believe ToA will rock. :)

3) WoW for sure and I've already got my dream team lineup ready to go. Some old friends will be showing their faces for this though haven't decided if I want to be a GM again. Nothing else that raises its head above the crowd as yet but always keeping an eye out. As with DaoC it will be the people themselves that make or break it. Nothing matters as much as the players.

Naturally, I have no idea if WoW will have any longevity to it.

Esoteric

Fledgling Freddie
I have already left for several reasons.

The main reason I left was due to the launch of TOA. I have invested enough personal time into my characters I do not want to have to endure much more pve just to be on par with everyone else.

If I only have 30 mins or an hour to play it can take that long or more to get a half decent rvr/group, then if I get one and it doesnt split then I feel the need to stay on and make excuses irl not to leave.

The community has changed for the worst. People are generally meaner and far more elitist than in the days of ye old. I expected the game and community to evolve of course but into what it has become, no.

I am currently playing planetside and having an absolute blast I can log on for 10 mins and have a blast or play for several hours and no one really cares how your character has specced (except you). Very different from an RPG being an FPS mind.

I will come back if the RvR patch is nothing short of exceptional. However with the new MMORPGs on the horizon this years competition is about to heat up in a massive way. Lineage2, Dragon Empires, WoW, Darkfall, Warhammer 40k, EQ2, Ryzom and ofc many folk are playing FFX mmo atm. These are just a few of the handpicked most wanted. SWG was a complete flop but I dont believe these others necessarily will be.

Perhaps Im just an old character who has tired of boredom of the game but when I read the yankee doodle toa posts and posts of other logical people about TOA I think perhaps not.

Take Care

Wicoa/Eso

(As posted on pryd forums)

Brannor McThife

Fledgling Freddie
I've been gone for <counts on fingers> 7 months now. And I thought about coming back for a short time in a few months time...but then I thought...why? Just about nobody I once played with and considerred friends still play.

Between now and WoW's release, I have a few things IRL to sort out (new house, etc.) and when I start WoW, I will not play it as much as I did DAoC, for two reasons - to prolong the game, and to actually enjoy RL.

As Roo said, it is really about the friends you make. I made very few friends when I played AC2, and thought I invested a LOT of time in my character, I do not miss it.

Oh, and in case anybody looks for me in WoW...look to the Horde.

-G

Lupaerian

Fledgling Freddie
1. Will you leave?

Yep, left the game already.

2. Why will you leave?

Buffbots and TOA. I don't think I need to explain the buffbot issue. As for TOA... well, given all the time -and- people requirements, I don't see myself getting MLs or artifacts. Without those and not having a system than can run my main account and a buffbot, RvR is going to be complete utter pointless frustration. That leaves PvE as the only other option for me in DAOC. Sadly, PvE leaves much to be desired in DAOC, so I've returned to EQ where the PvE at least offers some sort of challenge along with a truckload of variety/content even though the graphics is a bit dated.

Well, EQ will keep me busy for a while. Doing some SWG on the side. Will try out Ryzom, EQII and WoW - maybe DnL as well. The winner will be the one that catches my CC number after the "free" 30 days :)

Cyradix

FH is my second home
1. Haven't played for several weeks now. Cancelled the auto-renewal.

2. ToA. It will leave little room for the casual player (like myself). As for the PvE part : I really really really don't want to go through the exp grind in DAoC again.

3. WoW will be the next thing. Don't know if it will be better, but it will be something new. Most of my friends are moving over too.

Playing the Dark Side in KOTOR now to pass the time :D

Azorius

Fledgling Freddie

No. Probably not this year.

2. Why will you leave?

Only if another MMORPG takes all my game time.

MEO is my Holy Grail - I'll probably try WoW, but the graphics put me off. Middle Earth is it for me. Difficult to balance tho, I have put too much time into DAoC just to up sticks and leave.

Cheers

Azo

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Jareth Spellfire said:
I will probably not, but i think there are a lot of people who will switch MMORPG to games like WoW (worlds of warcraft) etc...

2. Why will you leave?

For GOA :

I think if you wish to keep the people ingame. You will have to satisfy them with more then just items that everybody can get and new places to go. Put new features in the classes individually because let's face it, people just love to expand their characters and to , what do they call it? "wtfpwn" ? You can probably never get the whole game totally balanced BUT if you atleast NOT nerf those classes, you will lose a hell of a lot less people!

Think about it people of GOA. I respect you all a great deal for making such a wonderfull game, but i dont think you want to lose the people who will (or might) post under here.
So what your telling us is that Mythic should change EVERY SINGLE class because ONE is overpowered? haha very good idea. The people making savages KNEW with a 100% certainty that they would be nerfed sooner or later, so did dem zerkers back before 1.62. And thb, zerkers are still a good class and savages will still be overpowered after the nerf this week (I mean, when I get hit by a h2h savage with quad hit for 1000 - 1200 dmg on my fully buffed shade something isn't right).

as for your questions:
1. Not anytime soon, but after that it will be depending on NEW frontiers. :D
2. Everything gets old with time, it just takes time :D
3. Prolly WoW if there are less then 97% 10 year olds ( though after reading wow boards I estimates about 99.7% to be less then 10 years old, so my only hope is an RP server)

Vardadringion

Fledgling Freddie
Jareth Spellfire said:

2. Why will you leave?

1. No, i don't think so, but i guess i will play less
2. Because of other great games releasing, and i wanna have a go at them as well
3. WOW and WWIIOL and i think my GF wanna have a look at Mythica, and if that looks good, i might just grab a copy of that myself .. I guess it all depends on where your friends are playing .. Sure you can get new friends in new games, but your old friends are always your old friends and will be your old friends forever .. untill you get old and .. bla bla bla ... sigh.. :eek7:

ibes_aka_nyd

Fledgling Freddie
1. yes definitly
2. mainly coz of TOA which gonna make it even harder 4 casual player like meself, would like 2 w8 till frontier but then again, i would still b canon fodder
3. not sure, will w8 and c

Brannor McThife

Fledgling Freddie
Korax said:
...so my only hope is an RP server)
With your chars having surnames like "Treehugger"...

Regardless...I plan to RP in WoW, as I know those fellow members of my future guild will too.

-G

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom