How many men does it take to change a lightbulb?

Gray

FH is my second home
Curious! ;)

My rear indicator bulb seems to have popped before, i noticed when the indicator icon on the dash [+the sound] was going at an increased pace. I had a look at the back and it looks like it certainly isnt working now.

I did a quick search to see what would be required, but it seems on the Ford Focus it can be hellish to actually do - So i have an option of going to a garage and sorting it, or finding anyone i know to actually do it.

What type of prices would you generally look at for replacement bulbs/fitting them if anyone has an idea. Gutted too, car just passed its MOT about a week ago :p

Anyway it is a Ford Focus Ghia from '99!

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Curious! ;)

My rear indicator bulb seems to have popped before, i noticed when the indicator icon on the dash [+the sound] was going at an increased pace. I had a look at the back and it looks like it certainly isnt working now.

I did a quick search to see what would be required, but it seems on the Ford Focus it can be hellish to actually do - So i have an option of going to a garage and sorting it, or finding anyone i know to actually do it.

What type of prices would you generally look at for replacement bulbs/fitting them if anyone has an idea. Gutted too, car just passed its MOT about a week ago :p

Anyway it is a Ford Focus Ghia from '99!

My wife changes rear light bulbs on both our Galaxy and our Ka - do it yerself ya nonce :p

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's my son's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Here you go gray, first open the boot and look under the parcel shelf support. Unscrew the plastic nut (circled)

dsc00850.jpg

Then on the outer, unscrew the torx screw, you could do this with a small screwdriver if you dont have a torx set (circled)

dsc00848k.jpg

Thats all the fixings, then pull the light towards you and upwards, spin it over and the indicator is the bottom one (circled)

dsc00851.jpg

Haynes manual's eat your heart out

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Don't get Fords. They're as close to being a French made piece of crap as you can get without it actually being a French made piece of crap. Everyone I know who's had a Ford has had endless problems with them, and constant garage visits.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
My wife changes rear light bulbs on both our Galaxy and our Ka - do it yerself ya nonce :p

Yeah but I've seen your wife. I tell you what, I've never seen such a lovely butch mechanic in all my life! And the biscuits were free!

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Don't get Fords. They're as close to being a French made piece of crap as you can get without it actually being a French made piece of crap. Everyone I know who's had a Ford has had endless problems with them, and constant garage visits.
Mondeos are great.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home

Clearly in Jup's house none, you get your wife to do it.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
That's why they had the cheek to start selling them as Jaguars.
If that old Top Gear I saw recently is anything to go by, it sounds like the Mondeo-Jag isn't really any more expensive than a regular Mondeo so doesn't sound that cheeky.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Clearly in Jup's house none, you get your wife to do it.
Well obviously... not like he can reach ffs.

taB

Part of the furniture
Yeah, that's basically the only model I don't know anyone that has owned.

Had a Mondeo for 2 weeks now, bit of a step up from my KA :p Downside is I keep driving past parking spots near work that I can't fit in.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Had a Mondeo for 2 weeks now, bit of a step up from my KA :p Downside is I keep driving past parking spots near work that I can't fit in.

You would fly in those spaces if you drove Jups mobility scooter.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
3. 2 to explain why they look like they're breasts and one to come out of the closet.

Gray

FH is my second home
had it sorted before, seemed a lot easier than i thought. It seemed as if the old bulb was still working, but only in certain positions, new bulb sorted it though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom