How many can you get? (Lots of Pictures)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Aye... this is pointless... gives me a headache trying to read and actually comprehend you peoples gibberish.

Have fun in REAL LIFE, TRoGGGgg!! *shudder*... real life... *runs*

O

old.tRoG

its about time for a drinking session before i go to this... 'party' ... as she calls it.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

See? And while you had fun partying and drinking, I had to play DAoC... played my 'ard Mid alts...

Shot one Alb off the keep battlements in Thidranki (1rp, yeah!) and levelled my weally, weally 'ard looking dwarven skald to whoppin' 10!
*weally bad Sean Connery accent* "Midgard ish moin!!"

Gotta like Sean Connery - if anyone is 'ard, then it's him!

Edit: Oh, and if anyone sees that Albion Infil with the witty name: Blade... give him a swift kick in the nuts. T'is not nice laughing at a dead kobold... no it isn't...

S

SFXman

GO Blade GO! Hmm... yes... lately it has been a 1vs1 between me and Fa-faf-niiiiir on this board.

S

SFXman

I mean... not many browse this board and yet the general discussion board still gets loads of threads that should be OT.

F

Fafnir

Aye, we are the masters of discovering new things.

O

omen_darkstep

"With your condor in flight, with all your friends in tow, you search for the Cities of Gold."

Who else wanted a giant golden flying mechanical Condor when they were a kid? Screw when they were a kid - I want one right now. I have every episode of 'Cities of Gold' on VCD... sweet.

Still - the daddy of kid's programmes was 'Knightmare'. I used to LOOOOOVE this programme!

S

SFXman

I'd love to own a city of gold, then melt it all and be rich. I mean think about it... money = beer... lots of money = tons of beer! Sweet!

C

[Cerebus]

hehe....Nightmare

2 steps forward.......
4 steps left.....
1 step right...no right....
Open your backpack and take out the cheese....
Put it on the table infront of you.....

What a class program that was....

S

Sionell

I loved Nightmare..wot a great program :clap:

If we're talking about the all time great kids shows then two of the best have got to be:

Fraggle Rock and Button Moon :D

I mean, who didn't love Mr Spoon?..... Come on 'fess up, u know u'd still be watching it today if u could!

btw, can anyone remember the name of the little things that were always building stuff in Fraggle Rock? it's driving me nuts!

thnxs in advance

:m00:

O

omen_darkstep

Doozers - me and my mates were talking about it the other week when we were wrecked. We said the dooozer's are the coolest things ever.

A

Anatole

Doozers!!! I love the concept of edible buildings! :D

mmmmmm..... conservatory......<drool>........

C

[Cerebus]

hehe

Doozers3.jpg

My favourite :

pic2.jpg

and......

http://www.geocities.com/culpanross/trapdoor.wav

(1.05 mb .wav file - worth it though - Right click and 'save target as')

O

omen_darkstep

Anyone remember the speccy 'Trapdoor' game? Well wickid bizniz.

O

old.tRoG

that game is great fun. i dont understand the point of it, but im hittig the teacher on the head over and over again with a catapult.

that just screams FUN!!!

S

Seyrcim

Remember school daze from c64 (bah, now you made me feel really old ::eek: )

This trapdoor or the 'other' one ?
trapdoor-ingame1.gif

O

old.chesnor

Re: Bah

Originally posted by [Cerebus]
I watched the tellytubbies the other week when I was off work. (It was either that or chat shows about cheating american men and their wives that where 'all that')

What a complete sack of crap that program was. All flowers, counting and learning to read. What use is that these days to kids?

We had stuff with guns and giant metal warrior cyborgs who carried magic swords. Proper bad guys with stupid side kicks who always cocked things up and helicopters that exploded on a regular basis. (Don't worry, they always show the pilot climbing out of the reckage afterwards or parachuting down)

In Homer Simpsons Immortal words.... "When did we stop rooting for the guy with the flame thrower?"

(Sorry, just a little rant)

I totally agree. I have 2 kids myself, aged 8 & 6, both boys. These days childrens tv (on the UK based terrestrial channels) is just rubbish.

I actively discourage them from watching almost all modern kids TV. It is either didactic, patronising crap like Teletubbies or banal mush designed to sell toys and merchandise.

Instead we watch anything from my past, when most TV involved, as you said, explosions, and depictions of good and evil that weren't always absolute. Like the A-Team. The had guns SHOCK HORROR and they used them. Just like the UK army, and police, and everyone whos job it is to maintain peace. But no, guns are bad mmmkay...and drugs are bad, mmmkay....

I shudder to think what the majority of kids will be like in 30 years time, psycopaths, I would imagine.

PS. My kids, as most their age where obsessed with Pokemon. I remember watching an episode of South Park called ChinPokomon. I called my kids in, and we sat down and watched it. They totally loved it (although I sensed much irony was lost) mainly because they loved Pokemon so much. Now at 6 & 8 Pokemon is a distant memory, but we all still watch South Park :)

C

[Cerebus]

You've raised a really good point there. I've noticed as well that a worrying trend, that of course started in Japan, has made it's way over to our homes.

In the 'old' days, programs where created and if they where successful, maybe a toy was created at Christmas for example. These days, a whole range of toys, games, food products, toilet roll (You get the idea) is created and then some company throws together a shitty cartoon to go with them.

I don't know if anybody here has seen the latest crap on channels such as Fox Kids and CITV. There's a new generation of pokemon clones that are so obviously designed to encourage you to buy the products in the shops but, when you actually sit down and watch them, make little sense.

Nintendo claim Pokemon is doing well because it appeals to the three major urges of a human being. I forget what they are, something to do with hunting, collecting and travelling. I disagree, we aren't the hunter gatherers that we used to be. In the words of Tyler, we're consumers.

That's what makes Pokemon so successful, not the actual program. It's the merchandise.

I remember watching cartoons and afterwards playing outside pretending to be the Hero. It's what all kids do. Big companies have realised this and have made it so you can buy everything you see.

Pokemon is just designed to maximize the amounts of things that Nintendo can make toys out of.

I've watched it drunk AND sober and both times it was shit. Then again, I'm not a kid anymore so maybe they see something I don't.

Southpark may be classed as crude and not suitable for kids but it contains some amazing lessons that kids should learn at an early age. One good example of this is the Sexual harrassment Panda episode, a classic. It cuts through a lot of shit and teaches some important lessons about the real world we live in.

I'm going to let my kids see every single episode of that cartoon, I salute you for letting your kids do the same, it's either that or Pokemon - gotta buy em all!!

/end rant

O

omen_darkstep

Originally posted by Seyrcim
Remember school daze from c64 (bah, now you made me feel really old ::eek: )

This trapdoor or the 'other' one ?
trapdoor-ingame1.gif

Think that was the one!

O

old.tRoG

these japanese anime type kids tv programs are absolute CRAP!

for instance, my 10 year old nephew was here one day and, being a typical 10yr old, grabbed the tv remote and had to have it surgicly removed 2 hours later.

i had to sit through some programme called Yu-Gi-Oh where people have collectors cards (For sale at your local retail outlet! - Collect them all today!) and fight each other in a hologram type game. It is utter crap, but the kids somehow seem to love every minute of it, the kid even has a wad of these cards, which, are ridiculosly over-priced.

he even shouted me over to look at some cards on the internet that hed found that cost about £100 each. There were five of them which he all wanted :rolleyes:

IT IS A CARD GAME YOU TWAT!

ive written more but its too long, and when i re-read it it was all rubbish, so i hit ctrl + backspace and held it down for a wee while...

O

omen_darkstep

When we were kids tho we had sticker albums and we used to swop something like 50 packs of swops (about 2 quid a packet) to get that one elusive one that no-one else seems to have.

C

[Cerebus]

Aye, and we got a stick of chewing gum with them! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom